new teamate-kya exhaust - Page 2 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 05:11 PM

Greg, the exhaust looks killer!!! Do you have any dyno numbers yet??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 05:20 PM

Nice work Greg but Im kinda with JD on the whole dual exit thing, its a lil fugly but the originality factor kicks it up a few notches. I would had gone the single muffler route.......particularly that Akro muffler for the ZX6R.

Is that set up using the OEM header, if not which header?

And will you be offering/selling the slip-on header, if yes, how much?

'12 Tri Explorer
'05 GSXR1k (4Sale)
'00 RC51 (4Sale)
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 06:26 PM

Yes, but where will I put my lunch now that the trunk is gone?

Oh, and by the way, how much and when available???

Gary
Brought to you by the Committee to Re-Elect Godzilla - He Kicked Ass in Japan, He'll Kick Ass in the UN!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 11:30 PM
Gold Sponsor

i like it, but i think they are too long and you should slant the bottom of the cans more IMO. i like the idea very much and if i ever get a welder i am going to do the same type of idea.

and idea on prices for the system minus the cans? can you do 2001's?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 11:35 PM

How do they run/feel?

Any dyno numbers?

What's the MSRP???

post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 03:57 AM Thread Starter

hi
i can't even begin to give you a price, but i was 800-cans ,500-stainless piping, 500-600 labor, -chop subframe, move all electronics to side and front of bike, plus we bought a jardine system for the headers etc etc etc.
i was going to do my bike like that at first but i thuoght those can's were too expensive then i saw the arata can , but the arata does,nt flow enough air so from my trial and errors i copied the 999r full 62mm exhaust concept, but i put two custom cans on the end because we can't find one big can with dual inlets and exits, i think their sexy but everybody's got an opinion -freedom of speech-.
you can fit one pipe behind the swing arm but the other will be on the side of the swingarm , unless you go with smaller diameter piping ,thorsten did it and it seems to work for him. i think one big pipe works great and less hassle with fitment.
we have'nt dynoed yet, but it has crispy response and on the track he did'nt loose hp anywhere he was just as fast as i was on the straights and coming out of corners etc.
greg
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 04:50 AM
Gold Sponsor

Greg, you say one can does not flow enough air, how so cna you please explain this to me?

i was thinking about the jardine 2-1 up under into a new style arata or yosh rs-5 myself.

i have a large can with twin baffles and a 2 1/2" inlet

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 04:54 AM
Gold Sponsor

what size OD is that right rearset pipe? 2&half or larger?

have you thought about hyper coating to increase flow?

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 05:26 AM

Well done Greg, I like it.
Hopefully you can get some Dyno time and get a proper map made for it. Good luck this season, give em' hell!

Hoov.
CRA # 200
Thankfully sponsored by;

post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 05:44 AM

Dammit

i was there that day ...THIS [email protected]#$! WAS LOUD !!!! DANG NICE MUN !!!

UMMMMM
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 05:58 AM

Was that about a month from now? I was at Fontana...I believe KYA was pitted next to Polo.(GSXR)

I remember hearing a loud ass RC but it was all black...wasnt' it?

VERY WINDY that day, but dry!
post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

yes that was us ,polo was with kya, we had a mob of 12 bikes and that was really fun riding in a giant group playing follow the leader etc. i got cramps later on in the afternoon and had to stop riding. all in all the bike ran great at the track and we map it soon and get some numbers.
greg
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

anybody see wim-51
post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 06:15 PM
SIR

Now that the drooling has ceased. Great looking system. If you did'nt have to relocate most of the bike's electronics I'd be cracking my piggy bank open.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode