Scott's Motorcycle Service Eyebrow Kit - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Scott's Motorcycle Service Eyebrow Kit

I purchased a Scott's Eyebrow Kit for my 04 RC51, but I do not have the instructions for installation beyond a couple of wiring diagrams. Does anyone have any detailed instructions for installation - I intend to use them as direction signals.

Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broccoliheadw View Post
I purchased a Scott's Eyebrow Kit for my 04 RC51, but I do not have the instructions for installation beyond a couple of wiring diagrams. Does anyone have any detailed instructions for installation - I intend to use them as direction signals.

Here's a post from when I installed mine, with wiring diagram. You said you intend to use them as turn signals, using diodes I was able to get them working as markers and turn signals. Check out the video on the post you'll see what I did.
https://www.speedzilla.com/forums/ho...tml#post661539

When you drill the headlight structure for the eyebrow lights to go in, if you can, hold the assembly so you have to drill going straight up, it reduces plastic debris getting up in the eyebrow area. Otherwise taping a vacuum cleaner hose to a large diameter McDonalds straw will get that area cleaned out.

Also when you test fit the Scotts LED eyebrow lights, you'll see they go in too far. Back in 2011, I made aluminum holders on the lathe that snap into the headlight holes with a tight fit, and then hold the eyebrow lights further back in the headlight. If I had to do it now, I would just print some plastic holders on my 3D printer. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about, hopefully you can come up with something that works for you.

URL for the picture is http://www.airlinebrats.com/rc51/11/...ghtMounted.jpg

Last edited by 9hondas; 07-09-2019 at 06:33 PM. Reason: added more info and pics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode