RC will misses on acceleration after 6k - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down RC will misses on acceleration after 6k

Hey, was riding today, and I got on the highway and decided to run it up a little. I was in 4th gear and hit the soft rev, and shifted, well that's when it was like I was still hitting the soft rev, and I couldn't figure it out, so I got off the gas, and got off the highway and as soon as I slowed down, it was like the bike was going to cut off, so I kept blipping the throttle in efforts to keep it running, and it would miss really bad almost like it didn't want to run, but after it got over 2500 rpms, it would smooth out, and I would be fine as long as I didn't race the motor or pull really hard. So I get it home and let it Idle, and it will idle at 1200 and then drop to like 700 and then rev back up and drop back down. I have a power commander V on it and Yoshi slip ons, but I honestly can't even think where to start. I looked at the fuel pressure regulator, no drips, checked the tps connectors, they look good, haven't pulled the plugs, but I'm really at a loss. My pcv will not connect to my pc, so I don't know if that's the problem, I did bypass the pcv but it still idles rough, didn't get to ride it with the pcv unhooked, but I really don't know where to start, can you guys help me? The bike has 3800 miles on it, so I don't think it can really be anything mechanical. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 06:32 PM
TOP GUN Instructor

Location: Where I >Try to LIVE< Always within the Moment of Thanksgiving to Christ Jesus, My Lord Saviour!
Don't know IF you've got this figured out/fixed yet?
Just guessing here, BUT to Me, it sounds like the Fuel Line is being pinched=fuel starvation... That would be the first place I'd look.
Make sure your fuel cap is venting too?

Disconnect the Power Commander V and test ride it with the OEM connections in place?

IF that isn't it, the next thing I'd do is check that you have the correct amount of Fuel Flow..?

OPPS! I see you tried the disconnect of the Power Commander already,..
So then I'd Check your spark plugs, Black? = Too much Fuel..

Peace Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness750 View Post
Hey, was riding today, and I got on the highway and decided to run it up a little. I was in 4th gear and hit the soft rev, and shifted, well that's when it was like I was still hitting the soft rev, and I couldn't figure it out, so I got off the gas, and got off the highway and as soon as I slowed down, it was like the bike was going to cut off, so I kept blipping the throttle in efforts to keep it running, and it would miss really bad almost like it didn't want to run, but after it got over 2500 rpms, it would smooth out, and I would be fine as long as I didn't race the motor or pull really hard. So I get it home and let it Idle, and it will idle at 1200 and then drop to like 700 and then rev back up and drop back down. I have a power commander V on it and Yoshi slip ons, but I honestly can't even think where to start. I looked at the fuel pressure regulator, no drips, checked the tps connectors, they look good, haven't pulled the plugs, but I'm really at a loss. My pcv will not connect to my pc, so I don't know if that's the problem, I did bypass the pcv but it still idles rough, didn't get to ride it with the pcv unhooked, but I really don't know where to start, can you guys help me? The bike has 3800 miles on it, so I don't think it can really be anything mechanical. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode