Trade the RC for a Aprilia RSV1000R any experiences? - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Dr. Carbon

Trade the RC for a Aprilia RSV1000R any experiences?

I have been mulling the idea of swapping the RC for a Mille.

Any experiences or feedback regarding the Aprilia? Power, handling, reliability?

THanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 03:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20_RC51_00 View Post
I have been mulling the idea of swapping the RC for a Mille.

Any experiences or feedback regarding the Aprilia? Power, handling, reliability?

THanks.
A little slower, but usually more precise handling stock vs stock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 08:52 PM
And Stateside again...

Year and mods on the Ape?

I miss my 02 Mille-R because it was a looker. and handled great but was down on power and didn't have that Cam gear whine I loved of the RC51.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Dr. Carbon

I suppose the gear driven valves and service interval is reason alone to keep the rc lol....
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 03:25 PM

rc or ape

Quote:
I suppose the gear driven valves and service interval is reason alone to keep the rc lol....
I had an Aprilia Tuono it was a great bike as long as there is an Ape dealer near by,never again
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 03:28 PM
And Stateside again...

I had no issues with mine. BUT I also didn't ride it much. I bought it rode it maybe 3000 miles the first summer then bought my 09 R1 and it sat. Then I sold it. I do miss looking at it though.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 11:34 PM

rc or ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLRSKUNK View Post
I had no issues with mine. BUT I also didn't ride it much. I bought it rode it maybe 3000 miles the first summer then bought my 09 R1 and it sat. Then I sold it. I do miss looking at it though.
The only problem I had was fogging in the dash,before I bought mine I checked around my area for about 150 mile's no one had a Tuono I ended up in NC traded in a Honda 750 Shadow when the problem started it was out of the question to go back to the dealer and no dealer I contacted would work on it if it wasn't bought from them.So given the chance to trade it in on a 2010 R1 bye bye Aprilia. Also forgot about the rear brake master cylinder issue
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:
He-he. The other day a fellow asked me what was wrong with my motorcycle. He said it sounded like it was about to seaze up. It's not a noise that people are used to hearing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode