wibbly is back! - Page 3 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 05:12 AM
Currently: Moderating

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly View Post
Jami, are the ones posted above the long stem or short? they look pretty stubby to me
I believe those are the long stem believe it or not and then there's an extra long stem also. Mine are the same length as the above and they suit me fine actually. But I'm a taller rider so I may have a different perspective when looking at the mirror.

If the pair I just bought don't fit Nutter's 600RR, then I'll sell them to you. I know it's $300, but they are worth it. It's not MrGrn CF, it's quality shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
why don'y you do yourself a favor and put me on ignore

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 05:24 AM Thread Starter

interesting. well i still have some funds sitting in paypal, i may scoop up a set of twill mirrors then send them off to DHC and have him spray them in matte clear to match the rest of the carbon i'll have on the bike.

the build is coming along quite nicely. i just buttoned up a bunch of wiring. i changed to 600rr ignition coils and built my own coil harness, i have been watching a thread on the other forums detailing issues with the PCV rpm reading that may be a result of signal interference from the cdi in the harness, so i've eliminated that while at the same time installing my kls quickshifter. also tidied up some other stuff, rerouted some of the hoses to make room for the qs module, and got rid of the pair while i was in there.

hopefully my clutch slave cylinder shows up soon so i can get the clutch system worked out, then once the snow flies i'll be sending a bunch of stuff off for anodizing.

this bike is coming along nicely, i'm still resisting the urge to add some red accents to my bsts, but i don't have it in me to put rim stripes on carbon wheels. i'll think of something.

no pics of the bike, but here's one of the qs, all installed and calibrated, working perfectly

Fishyhead and duckhunter 51 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #43 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 03:55 AM

Quote:
those are nice, but not 300 dollars nice. i'll probably just stick with stock honestly
You'll forget how much they cost once they are mounted. Trust us they are worth it.

03 51
00 51 trackbike

post #44 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 05:24 AM Thread Starter

funds are depleting quick. i just sent a ton of money to DHC for some carbon and glass goodies.

the only part i have left to purchase from my original "plan" is a slipper. once i've secured that i'll think about some of the other stuff.

you should buy me them for xmas
duckhunter 51 likes this.

post #45 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

took it out for a quick burn today to make sure the 600rr coils and quickshifter are working the way they should. of course they are, the bike ran flawlessly.

it's looking a lot better now that i have my satos mounted, installed my front turn signals and finished up the rear brake. the line routing down and forward from the master and then along the bottom of the swingarm is perfect. it clears the exhaust 100% and is very discreet. i like it

i'm still waiting for a bunch of parts, my clutch slave should be here soon so i can get the clutch system worked out.

when my stuff from DHC shows up the bike will get torn apart again with some stuff going off for anodize while other stuff goes for paint. the blackout project continues

the exhaust is bluing up quite nicely!

i wiped down the exhaust before running the bike as thoroughly as i possibly could using a microfibre and brakleen, i was certain i got any oil or fingerprints off the damn thing but apparently not. it's a bit annoying but i'm sure it'll blue up more consistently with time. the qs fit just right in behind the fairing. i had to relocate a few hoses, but no big deal

this angle is just awesome. love this bike!

Fishyhead likes this.

post #46 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 03:25 PM
Gold Sponsor

Just wait until your chain lube goes onto the Ti grill and gets well done

Looks great so far!

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #47 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

i don't get much fling from the chain.. never have.

i have a hugger on the way that should keep grit and grime off the cross pipe though

post #48 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 03:51 AM Thread Starter

anddddd i bought a set of MR mirrors. damn you guys!

my slipper clutch will have to wait i guess. it's the last thing on the list.
capecodrvt likes this.

post #49 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 10:31 PM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
i don't get much fling from the chain.. never have.

i have a hugger on the way that should keep grit and grime off the cross pipe though
Me either but i know what you mean by wiping down the pipes and still having some prints I wiped my V4 pipes for like half a hour and low and behold, there was a spot i missed.

Nice kit you got going

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #50 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 04:57 AM

Quote:
the only part i have left to purchase from my original "plan" is a slipper. once i've secured that i'll think about some of the other stuff.

you should buy me them for xmas
Have a slipper, brand new in the wrapper as a matter of fact.

I just redid my clutch and decided not to install it.

Quote:

post #51 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 05:00 AM

Quote:
anddddd i bought a set of MR mirrors. damn you guys!

my slipper clutch will have to wait i guess. it's the last thing on the list.
You won't regret it. The ones I bought for my GF's Repsol 600RR didn't fit so we're making a little spacer out of cf to raise them up out of the fairing. They are great mirrors.

Quote:

post #52 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 04:04 AM Thread Starter

got my mirrors today. it's incredible that buying from simon in japan i get my parts in 3 days, buying from anywhere in the US takes up to 2 weeks, costs more to ship, and usually comes with brokerage charges.

i should just buy everything from japan i guess

the MR mirrors are gorgeous, you guys are right. i'll be peeling the bike apart quite a ways tomorrow to send some stuff off. i'm pretty excited to see how it looks afterwards

also ordered my slipper clutch today, that's the last purchase for the bike and will complete the build.

this time i actually kept tabs on the cost of everything, that was a bad idea. haha

post #53 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 04:12 PM
Former RC51 owner

Great looking bike, wibbly. And this is the first time I've seen an aftermarket front fender look better then OEM. Usually they don't even look as good, since they scream AFTERMAERKET.

Nice pics along the way.
post #54 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

thanks donkey, that's an oem front fender from a 2010 ktm rc8r.

the front end is pretty much the same as this one

that was my rc8r before i parted and sold it. i built a cbr 600rr in the interim before coming back to my old beloved rc51

post #55 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

got a few more things going. i sent a bunch of stuff off for anodizing and have since got it all back. it's all just part of blacking the bike out and making ugly parts less noticeable. my case covers are off with the painter right now as well for a similar treatment.

i did my rads, my fairing stay, some of the ladybird hrc system brackets, as well as my scotts damper mount and some spacers i had to build for my rearsets etc.

it all came out really nice.

and here's a terrible cell phone pic of the bike with the black rad and mori fins. it's very loosely assembled and the other side isn't even mounted, but you get the idea.

i also just got my slipper clutch today, and ordered a special friction plate that i need before i install it (it's the same plate as the last one to go in), it will go in first in the stack as the judder spring has to move one out in the stack.

now i just need my stuff from DHC and my dash and then it's time to sit around and wait for spring.

i've also been playing with 3d rendering a bit. my friend owns a machine shop and set me up with fusion 360, i've been playing around with it a bit and drew up the bracket for the spal fans, i'm trying to see if i can come up with my own designed top triple clamp, here's what i have so far

it's nowhere near done, i'm just kind of screwing around for now. i'm trying to come up with a better way to mount the scott's damper. it's much more problematic with the sp2 because the stem size is so large that you wouldn't be able to do up the nut if you included posts on the tree. i could build a new nut for it that is round and installs with a castle nut socket, but we'll see.

post #56 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

here it is. pretty much finished at this point

Fishyhead likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode