got a few more things going. i sent a bunch of stuff off for anodizing and have since got it all back. it's all just part of blacking the bike out and making ugly parts less noticeable. my case covers are off with the painter right now as well for a similar treatment.
i did my rads, my fairing stay, some of the ladybird hrc system brackets, as well as my scotts damper mount and some spacers i had to build for my rearsets etc.
it all came out really nice.
and here's a terrible cell phone pic of the bike with the black rad and mori fins. it's very loosely assembled and the other side isn't even mounted, but you get the idea.
i also just got my slipper clutch today, and ordered a special friction plate that i need before i install it (it's the same plate as the last one to go in), it will go in first in the stack as the judder spring has to move one out in the stack.
now i just need my stuff from DHC and my dash and then it's time to sit around and wait for spring.
i've also been playing with 3d rendering a bit. my friend owns a machine shop and set me up with fusion 360, i've been playing around with it a bit and drew up the bracket for the spal fans, i'm trying to see if i can come up with my own designed top triple clamp, here's what i have so far
it's nowhere near done, i'm just kind of screwing around for now. i'm trying to come up with a better way to mount the scott's damper. it's much more problematic with the sp2 because the stem size is so large that you wouldn't be able to do up the nut if you included posts on the tree. i could build a new nut for it that is round and installs with a castle nut socket, but we'll see.