racing suit sizes?? any ideas - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 06:11 AM

racing suit sizes?? any ideas

hello guys, i want to buy a dainese racing suit so i can ride around in long rides but i don't know what size would fit me at all. i try visiting different shops in my area to see if i would find the right sizes for me but no suits on thoses shops. I'm hoping anyone here can help me fit out which size dainese suit would fit me. i'm 5'8 180 pounds, a little bit build. can anyone help me out. thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 08:12 PM

Re: racing suit sizes?? any ideas (sytema)

I am right at 5'7'' and fat! I weigh in at 188 lbs with all the extra in my stomach and chest. I have a size 56 but had to go to a 58 because I could not breath with the 56 zipped and my back protector on. The 58 fits great on the bike but I look like I shit my pants when I am walking around wearing them. The best part is when I do actually shit my pants while wearing my leathers there is lots of room.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 08:27 PM

I'm guessing you need a size 54 Euro. I'm 5' 9" 185. I wear a 52 jacket but my DP leathers are 54. I'm talking Euro size.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-31-2005, 01:18 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sytema &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hello guys, i want to buy a dainese racing suit so i can ride around in long rides but i don't know what size would fit me at all. i try visiting different shops in my area to see if i would find the right sizes for me but no suits on thoses shops. I'm hoping anyone here can help me fit out which size dainese suit would fit me. i'm 5'8 180 pounds, a little bit build. can anyone help me out. thanx</TD></TR></TABLE>

you need a 42 euro in dainese!!!!!! nuff said. im 5'9" 185 and i fit my dainese 42 euro like it was made for. it will be tight at first but the leather will stretch out.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 03:56 PM

Re: racing suit sizes?? any ideas (Neil996S)

neil996s do you have the one piece suit or the 2 piece suit, let me know cuz i'm confuses since kille bee its down 10 euro sizes? thanx
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 04:07 PM

5-10 200 and wear a 56
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 04:28 PM

Re: racing suit sizes?? any ideas (Bostrom 155)

Some guys are talking euro sizes and some are talking American sizes.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 04:34 PM

Re: racing suit sizes?? any ideas (Capt. Home Slice)

Killer Bee is talking American size and stated Euro. I wear a Dainese suit that's a 56 and I'm 5'10" and 210lbs. You could probably fit snug in a 52 and be comfortable in a 54.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 05:46 PM

Re: racing suit sizes?? any ideas (Phil 998)

I'm 5'10 and 155. My leathers are custom Helimots...

Some of you need to spend some $ to make up for that extra 30-50 pounds the bike is carrying!

Aaron
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 10:32 PM

Re: racing suit sizes?? any ideas (Phil 998)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Phil 998 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Killer Bee is talking American size and stated Euro. I wear a Dainese suit that's a 56 and I'm 5'10" and 210lbs. You could probably fit snug in a 52 and be comfortable in a 54.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks phil i totally forgot i meant 52 euro
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 11:09 PM

Dainese are cut very tight. I have a two suits for racing. Both size 52 euro. An older "Safety Pro" and a newer "Bora". I am 5-11, 165lbs., medium build, and they fit like I was poured into then [perfect for the track]. I really like both suits once they are on, and have tested their crash-ability, more than once. But, the "Bora" with the double zippers, is a bitch to zip up [If the 5 minute board goes up, and you don't have an exhaust spring hook, or a helper...it ain't going to happen]
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 01:56 AM

It's the one piece Ducati Corse suit from DP which is made by Dainese. I think you'll find the Dainese size 52 euro will be too tight through the shoulders if your shoulders are built up. I wear a 52 euro jacket that fits perfectly so I intended on ordering the 52 euro one piece suit but my dealer told me that the suits fit differently so he ordered both sizes for me and he was right, the 54 fit like a glove. It's a great suit by the way.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 03:38 AM

Re: racing suit sizes?? any ideas (Neil996S)

5'8"; 185 lbs; 33" waist; 43" jacket and I recently sold a 52 Euro Size Dainese because it was too tight. I say 54 Euro is a more comfortable fit. A 52 Euro Spidi fits me perfectly.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 06:32 AM

I hope you have bought the best one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode