Sport Fairing Info Wanted - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Sport Fairing Info Wanted

I was told by a friend that there are after market fairings availaible for the Sport 1000. Can anyone help with a pic, link, or info. Thanks !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 05:56 PM
Geez. Some people...

Somewhere in this forum, someone posted pics of a European brand of PS replica race bodywork. I can't remember which thread it was in, but a search should find it.

I was kinda, sorta thinking about maybe, possibly looking into an old-school cafe fairing for my Sport. I'm just not sure about it without seeing it in person first.

Lockhart sells a kit like this:
Attached Images

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

I have been looking but can't seem to find it. I know the stuff you posted, I think it's Targa, I want something better quality and more unique. I was thinking about asking Evan Wilcox if he would be interested iin making a full fairing simular to the Ema Peel he did for the Norton. Evan is one of the best body makers I'v ever seen. Check out his stuff at www.mts.net , the problem is the time and cost for of a 1 off. If you come across the link or thred pls respond.

Ed

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Sorry for bad link to Evan, he is also in AZ and I tkink this is the correct link www.mts.net/~sbarham/ .
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 12:23 AM

Comoto,
The link your looking for is here, I do believe. This Romanelli outfit is whom makes the pieces parts for the PS, or something like that. Anyway, these guys are the guys making the cool bodywork over in Italy. -Capt
http://www.romanellimoto.com/
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 03:32 AM
ROF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commoto
Sorry for bad link to Evan, he is also in AZ and I tkink this is the correct link www.mts.net/~sbarham/ .
outstanding workpersonship..... I found a guy here in Salem Oregon that can do the same kind of magic with a couple of sheet of aluminum and a hammer, BTR Enterprises, Bob Thrush Owner. No web site just a workshop and a telephone. I am having him do some mods to my K1200S rear passenger peg/exhaust hanger brackets. Photos soon..... after seeing what this guy can do I am sure he could "hammer" out a new rear cowling complete with lights.....

Phil
Salem, Oregon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 Ducati Paul Smart 1000LE
1985 BMW K100 ("The Flying Brick")
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 04:03 PM
Gold Sponsor

hey, here is the image - it was in the "zard in black" thread. Here is the only other info with it.

"Hello Luis,
these are the prices:
fairing: 150,00 Euro (not painted)
low part: 100,00 Euro
rear firing: 90,00 Euro
front chassis: 150,00 Euro
front+rear support (to connect fairing to chassis): 80,00 Euro

Best Regards
Federico Serpericci
Romanelli Design"

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 10:38 PM

sport 1000 fairing

I have been looking to mount a 2007 sports fairing on my 06 sport 1000
The headlight bucket mounts to the steering head on the 07 so I will need to have these fabricated.
The one from italy is not set up for a headlight as it is a race version and just cutting a hole will not align the headlight to the fairing
I believe the Paul Smart and sport s tanks have a place to attach the back of the fairing too as well
Stuart
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 10:21 AM

Trevor Dunne at ProItalia Santa Barbara is doing these -

I also made a mounting plate for my Garmin GPS and grip heater control switch. The plate fit perfectly in the area above the fairing mounting hardware. The plate was attached using the two threaded holes on the underside of the upper triple clamp. The fairing worked flawlessly when I did my 3000 mile cross country tour from San Jose to Murphy, NC that finished up last week.

George
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 05:38 PM

So you went and picked her up, George ..... good for you. I was "impressed with myself" for riding ca 285 miles bringing my Sport1000 home, but that's pale in comparison to your trip. No more bragging for me
You have a great collection, George and having the yellow / orange / burnt-yellow Sport1000 next to an original 750 in the same color

RonB
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHe225 View Post
So you went and picked her up, George ..... good for you. I was "impressed with myself" for riding ca 285 miles bringing my Sport1000 home, but that's pale in comparison to your trip. No more bragging for me
You have a great collection, George and having the yellow / orange / burnt-yellow Sport1000 next to an original 750 in the same color

RonB
Thanx for the props Ron but it really was not much of a chore. My only trepidation was that it had been 25 years since I had done a similar trip. At 60, I wasn't really sure the 'ol bod could handle it. Outside of the old right side rotator cuff repair and old broken thumb rearing their ugly heads shortly before gas stop times, Da Bus Jr. was a surprisingly easy ride. I programmed the GPS to favor side roads and avoid Interstates. Part of the fun was meeting up with guys from the different lists along the way.

I couldn't say no to that bike when I saw it. It just plain belonged in the garage. BTW - I have had the 73 Sport since 1975. It's 'bout time it had a friend.

I'm just trying to figger out how this guy fits into the stable.

I guess I'll just have to keep running it on the Dragon. Of course, a Hypermotard would certainly be a great replacement.

George
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 02:35 AM
swollen member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevelsport View Post
Trevor Dunne at ProItalia Santa Barbara is doing these -

I also made a mounting plate for my Garmin GPS and grip heater control switch. The plate fit perfectly in the area above the fairing mounting hardware. The plate was attached using the two threaded holes on the underside of the upper triple clamp. The fairing worked flawlessly when I did my 3000 mile cross country tour from San Jose to Murphy, NC that finished up last week.

George

Me rikey very much....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode