Selling or parting out a 2000 RC51 with tons of aftermarket stuff. - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Selling or parting out a 2000 RC51 with tons of aftermarket stuff.

I have a 2000 RC51 with 49,000ish miles on the odometer. I need to free up some room in the garage and would like to sell it whole, but if after a month from posting this it has not sold, I will absolutely entertain parting it out.

The good:
-Engine rebuilt 20k miles ago with Wiseco pistons, SP2 heads, SP2 throttle bodies. Ran solid and strong, but needs a valve shim job.
-Full Ohlins suspension (forks, shock, linear steering stabilizer). The guy I bought the bike from said that it was sprung and valved for a 170ish lb rider. I'm about there, and it rides like butter. Probably one of the best sorted suspensions I've ever experienced.
-Morwaki rainbow ti slip ons, #82 of 300 made according to the placard. They have some cosmetic damage from what looks like something leaning or being dragged against it, but not from a crash.
-Saito rear sets.
-Fiberglass airbox. I believe it's a Turn One.
-Carbon fiber radiator scoops. I think they're from Thorsten Durbahn.
-Carbon fiber radiator gills. I was told they're Moriwaki, but have no idea.
-Spal 5" pusher fan.
-Barnett clutch.
-Bazzaz with autotune.
-SP2 swing arm.
-Speedo healer.
-One down, one up on the sprockets and a 530 chain with a steel sprocket because I never had an aluminum sprocket last on the street.

There's probably more that I'm forgetting, but that's the meat of it. Now for the bad.

I got as far into the valve shim job as taking measurements, then had a really, REALLY bad day out on another bike of mine and decided to call it quits while I'm still alive. I completely lost interest in motorcycles and the bike has sat with the tank and nose fairing off and the heads apart (covered up) ever since. I have no desire to finish shimming the valves and making it run again.

The body is all factory Honda plastic, but it has been painted flat black with a gloss black stripe down the middle with gold stripes on either side. The bike has been ridden hard and has seen a lot of miles. There are rock chips, scratches, scuffs, dings and nicks. It's been used the way it was intended to be used as, and has been taken care of meticulously on the mechanical side. Functionally the bike is perfect other than needing the valves shimmed. Cosmetically, it can use some work. It's a 20/20 bike (looks good at 20 feet or 20 MPH). If you want something to put in a museum or living room, this is not your bike. But if you want a surgical track or canyon weapon, this is for you.

The bike is located in South Ogden, UT. I can meet you within 250 miles or arrange shipping. As for the price? All added up, I think there's probably around $15-20k worth of bike, parts and labor sitting out there, and a lot of those parts are hard/impossible to find now. But, because of its cosmetic condition and because it's not currently running, I'm not even going to bother asking top dollar. So instead, make me an offer. High ball me, low ball me, offer me a bag of weed... you never know, I might say yes or I might counter offer. I'll post some pictures up early next week; this weekend is going to be insanely busy, though.

Oh, and Raceghost... if you happen to be reading this... you still get first dibs as we discussed, but now that it's public, it's now or never, bud.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode