Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums - View Single Post - Philip Island
Thread: Philip Island
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2015, 10:27 PM
Old Baldy
He with the senior member

Fantastic race! This was as good or better than the Rainey-Schwantz days, which I've always regarded as the best racing I ever saw.

Magnificent.

And the kid did good....great to see him back and not fall off.

Again, the Yamahas had no answer to the Hondas or Ducatis on the straights - it was clear that Lorenzo and especially Rossi had no answer to them overall. There has definitely been a relative change in their speeds....after a brief period when the Yamahas seemed to almost match them on the straights, and more than hold their own on acceleration out of the corners. Interesting how this changes.

I'd say that Rossi would have taken the 7 point loss after QP, and so would Lorenzo - so both are probably fairly happy with the race result from a Championship perspective.

Lorenzo still has to win the next two and hope that Rossi doesn't finish second in both of them, to win the Championship, so the balance is still with Rossi on overall form and results, but it's now very. very close.

My brain says Lorenzo takes it, but am really hoping for Rossi to wrap it up in the last race of the season with a win.

Old Baldy
Triumph Tiger 955i with decent suspension.
Ducati 996 with hot 999 motor
Kawasaki KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome