Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums - View Single Post - My 2011 R1 - a work in progress
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
AKDMA

Garage
Next I wanted to track the R1, so began focusing on track worthy upgrades. I purchased a full slider suite, front axle, rear adjuster blocks, no cut frame sliders and clutch cover sliders. I also purchased a set of Q2s since I'd shagged the S20s at 32psi in only about 1,000 miles. Next were Vortex V2 rearsets, stomp grip, a -1 front sprocket, seat cowl, Danmoto titanium 300mm GP style slip ons, a billet race gas cap and some 55w 6000k HIDs for street riding/increased visibility. They look nice with the projectors. I also got a decent anodized brake lever to replace the speed metal junk (I'd been using OEM). Rick at Cogent Dynamics also adjusted my stock suspension for me and did a great job at tweaking the settings/setting sag. I also removed stock stuff like reflectors, front sprocket cover, passenger pegs, etc. Next was a weekend at CMP, where the R1 did great. The GP slip ons knocked something like 7lbs off of the bike. The LVs were remarkably heavy.

Here's a video from this time, me following my friend on an RC on a twisty road.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

Last edited by AKDMA; 03-29-2013 at 10:22 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome