Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums - View Single Post - VTR 1000R SP1 (RC-51) Makis Edition
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
MakisRC51
Hellas Addicted RC51

All of the SP2 used OEM parts were purchased from RC51Parts.com :: Home (thanks again Ben )
When I installed the SP2 ECM I didn't thought about it much, and I just pluged it on my OEM harness as well as the throttle bodies. She fired up like before with no problems.
When I was about to install the SP2 radiators, having purchased the HRC Tuning Box, I decided I should give a good look to my harness and see how it actually is constructed.
So I sat down with the diagrams of
1) SP1 OEM harness
2) SP2 OEM harness
3) HRC racing harness

and I modified mine to a hybrid so that
1) The SP2 fans work as they did on the SP2 harness: they are engaged directly from the ECM through a headlight relay when in SP1 there's a grounding thermal valve (switch) bolted in the left radiator which closes the fan's circuit to kick in.
2) The HRC Tuning Box could be pluged on if, at some point in the future, I get my hands on an NL6 racing ECM (here in Greece Honda dealer is sold as a kit with the harness for $4500 )
3) I removed the rev limiter as well (I found it's existance reading the HRC harness's diagram. Later on I came accross rc51.org modifications)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My forum:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My mods:

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome