Speedzilla Forums banner

bent wheel help

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  TLRSKUNK 
#1 ·
I have an 03 RC. My front wheel has a small bend. There is a local shop that can straighten it, but it's @ $225.
I figure for that price I can get a used wheel.
I just need some info on which stock front wheels will work.
Thanks

#2 ·
Check out wills rim repair or frame straight. Think there is a place out in cali that does lost of moto rims to. Something like mc or mr wheels...try a search on here as i'm pretty sure there are numerous places listed. Should run you about 100-150 with shipping.

#4 ·
If you aren't going to pay to get it repaired, try fixing it yourself. If it is a small dip, it can easily be fixed with a rubber mallet or deadblow. Aluminum is fairly soft and like most metals it has a memory and will revert back to the last hot-worked shape fairly easily.

And, where can you get a used front wheel for $100-$150? I'd like to see that.

#10 ·
+1 on Will. Nice thing is he's local to me. I've used him a couple of times in the past, and everyone around here knows him.

Also +1 on fixing it yourself if it's not too bad. A piece of wood on the inside and a rubber mallet on the outside does wonders. Doesn't have to be perfect...

#11 ·
Just got back my Front Marchesini and my buddies front ZX10 wheel from GP Frame and Wheel (GP Frame And Wheel Motorcycle Frame Straightening Gerry Piazza). It took a week from the time I shipped to when I had the wheel back. My wheel just had a lip bend but my buddies was bent in every direction. We put both wheels on a truing stand and they are straight as new. It cost each of us $120 plus shipping. GP is located in Woodland, CA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.