Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums - View Single Post - 94 VFR cafe'ish thing.
View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 03:33 PM
mrgrn
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnyisthedevil View Post
ok, I'll try to be civil again.

there are plenty of layers of glass on there. 6 in most places. it's all west system 105 epoxy resin. this thing is ultra strong and quite flexible. I made it so that it could be a structural piece and really doesn't need the subframe. but then I would have no place to mount the battery, electronics and rear reservoir.

as far as carbon goes there may be some in the future of this project, there may not be. I'm not revealing plans until there are pictures to show.
my point was you could have used 2-3 layers of carbon and saved considerable weight and gained much strength, glass is for corvettes J/K

Stand by what i said, looks good and clever and keep the progress coming

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome