Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums - View Single Post - New Toy
Thread: New Toy
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
cheekybloke

The Honda is a Honda what can I say it's light and turns nice once in a rut it stays online, the handling is very inspiring. The power is good for a 250 with good drive at pretty much any speed although nowhere nears as strong as the KTM I had last on the plus side the CRF feels slimmer and lighter especially when jumping.
The track I went to was quite tight with a fair few jumps aslo as it has been raining for most of the week it was very "soft" which rutted up really well there was a pretty wet area under some trees just before and between two table jumps, where you had to pick a rut and commit or you were in trouble but the bike tyre combo made this easy the tyres are Dunlop MX51 and offer stacks of grip.
out of KXF and sx150 I put my cash on the KXF very strong reliable engine and solid handling from what I understand I had a KTM albeit an SXF250 which is the same chassis and different engine and although I liked the engine and front end I found the rear end quite harsh and choppy. I find the Honda a much more civilized ride but saying that but the same old Honda issues rear their head It was a bitch to start hot and as suspected the valve clearances need attention a regular job on CRFs and one for Saturday once the shim kit arrives along with my sons fork seals hopefully ready for a run on Sunday. I'm trying to turn the bike around on eBay ATM for a profit and if it goes I'll be buying a KXF, RMZ or I've seen a tidy tricked up SXF for a good price. I'm not really a fan of Hondas.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome