Speedzilla Forums banner

Max, Dan Kyle, and who has the best cartridge kit

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  LDH 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I'm 100% behind Dan Kyle's skills ! When it comes to putting race parts on my 2000 RC51 racebike, the stuff either works or it's outta here. Dan Kyle reworked my stock forks and Ohlins shock to the point that the bike handles better that most any other bike I've ridden. Then he revlaved some used Ohlins R&T forks and slapped them on My RC. Do they work ? Well let's just say that thanks to Dan's products and skills, my old stock motored RC51 took second place in the 2006 AFM Open Twins Championship against some very well funded and heavily backed new machinery. And, I'm 51 fricken years old for cryin' out loud. The guy knows his stuff !

#3 ·
Wow interesting stuff... man that thread is never ending, i got to page 33 and i had to stop, all in all from where i left off Ohlins is the winner after clay did his first test at the track... Dan Kyle has my vote as well, that guy max just sounded really mad and pissed off name calling right from the beggenning while dan stayed calm and didnt answer at first but he too in the end got into it. Now my only question is why did LDH get banned?

#4 ·
There is actually a follow up thread where Clay posted the final results of his testing between Dan's Ohlins cartridges & Max's AK-20's. The end result & you can all verify this for yourselves when you find the thread is Clay went faster on the Ohlins stuff & Max had to rework his AK-20's umpteen times including changing the length of internal components at Clay's discretion to get them close to the level of the Ohlins. You can spin it any way you want, but that is what happened. It is also important to note that Clay actually owned the AK-20's & really didn't want to shell out the additional money for Ohlins & having said that I don't blame him one bit for sticking with the AK-20's especially after getting Max's repeated attention to get them up to snuff.

Additionally I was allowed to test a set of AK-20's Max built for me & while I found them a huge improvement over stock they were not as good as the Ohlins. The set I tested was prior to all the redesign work Max put into Clay's forks so I don't know how much more improvements have been made, but for my testing & that of Clay's the Ohlins stuff worked better right out of the box WITHOUT needing a technician to continously work on them over & over again to get them right.

#5 ·
LDH said:
...Max had to rework his AK-20's umpteen times
About a year and a half ago I had a well know and reputable suspension guy down here (Marcus McBain of Racing Performance Services http://www.roadracinghelp.com/Start.htm) re-work my front forks on my RC and he was telling me about his issues w/ the AK-20 kit. Marcus used to be one of Max's largest customers in the US. But, he had so many issues w/ people needing re-works of the AK-20 kit that he severed his relation ship w/ Max & Traxxion.

#8 ·
Hey LDH im just askin, i never finished reading all 60something pages but why did you end up gettin banned from there? did the name calling get so bad that they had to ban someone? other than that i really found the info that both sides were shelling out very good also god info about the industry, all i didnt like was the name calling that really sounded to me to be very unprofessional but i do have to say max macallister started that with his aggressiveness of proving his point Dan Kyle really didnt do any of that till the end... other than that if i had to by a cartrige kit now i would definatly hands down go with Ohlins!!!!

#9 ·
Redstar said:
Hey LDH im just askin, i never finished reading all 60something pages but why did you end up gettin banned from there? did the name calling get so bad that they had to ban someone? other than that i really found the info that both sides were shelling out very good also god info about the industry, all i didnt like was the name calling that really sounded to me to be very unprofessional but i do have to say max macallister started that with his aggressiveness of proving his point Dan Kyle really didnt do any of that till the end... other than that if i had to by a cartrige kit now i would definatly hands down go with Ohlins!!!!
No the banning occurred long after those threads were over. I expressed my displeasure to the new owner about having my moderator rights taken away especially since I had pretty much built the clientele & demeanor of that site from the ground up & it ended with a mutual "fu#k you"

1000RR.net used to stand out in the crowd, it was a pretty good knowledge base with a good bit of ball busting & performance oriented posting keeping the poser boyz at bay, but now it is just like 1000RR.com or any other squid site on the net. The quality of information is in a steady state of erosion with guys more interested in jerking each other off about their new Fender Eliminator that matches their tennis shoes rather than people conveying "accurate" & useful information. I rarely go there anymore unless someone directs my attention to a specific thread, but from what I have seen & from the e-mails I get with inquiries like yours I think most everyone agrees that the now stifled site is nowhere near the same as it used to be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.