Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums - View Single Post - Geraing question
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 09:12 PM
jazz

Send a message via AIM to jazz Send a message via MSN to jazz
Gilroy,

I was fairly lucky with mine. I brought it in race trim, Ohlins rear, Harris High levels etc....

But the front forks were stock, so first race out I started to bottom them out...!

Straight to a guy close by me Revs Suspension (John Gaskill 0121 501 3321) he's really cool. I took my stockers there and he max'd them up with ohlins internals/valves etc (450) and made them sweet... no complaints from me.
Just had the rear ohlins stripped, checked and re-oiled (closed season) so that's all sorted. He is always on the phone for me, whenever I think I have an issue, he's there....

Revolution.... (Roger). Spoke with him a couple of weeks ago asking about 20HP more for the SP1....

He came back with some stuff, I think he is a Moriwaki dealer too (I saw his name on the other post about the RC51 site (mansam? or something)) he sounds good, nice genuine guy....

I am still umming and arrring wether to go for it or not....

Mine is stock engine... PC11 Mapped, 125BHP she kicked out! which was nice.... a mate of mine races a Factory Mille.....113BHP!!! heheheheh still kicks everybody's ass though..... Fugger...

To be honest, Xmas has killed me but the SP1 loved the attention! ;-)

all I have done to her is wavy's (although I said I wouldn't) Dymags, forks and CRG levers, carbon air snorkel....( i guess most of you guys have now (Brett in Australia) top man).

Do the suspension though, that is definately a must, even if you do the front's first....

Got to be worth 1 second a lap to you. Setup right, 2 seconds!

I have a Ohlins work sheet with part numbers etc on it if you want a copy. All the standard base settings etc as when they come out of the w/shop...!

take it easy...

Cheers

Jazz
VTR 1000 SP1 #31

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

life should be measured not by the amount of breathes you take but by the amount of times you breath is
taken away.........

You begin your riding career with an empty bag of experience and a full bag of luck. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.....

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome