Speedzilla Forums banner

Penske resevoir Pics Needed

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  RC51-05 
#1 ·
I know I'm an idiot.... But I just picked up a used Penske 3-way and can't figure where the best mount position would be for the resevoir.. I Thought photo's would be worth a 1000 words..

Thanks. Guy's....

#6 ·
I had a Penske 2-way and made a mount that attached to the rear tank bolt. I took a small piece of 1/2 electrical conduit and welded to tabs on the end that went on the out side of the tank bolt mounts and used the rubber mount and straps that came with the shock to attach it to my mount. Sorry, these are the best pics I have. Also here's a crude sketch of the piece I made.

#8 ·
RC51-05 said:
Thanks Guy's.. you gave me some usable idea's.. I ended up going underneath the seat and inside the rear cowling, running it along side of the sub-frame and under my PC3. secured by tie-straps
Doesn't that kind of make it a pain in the ass to adjust it trackside? Or street side? I guess iit would be OK if you still had the trunk lid in place, but if you had track bodywork that would suck to have to take it off to adjust your shock...

#9 ·
dhdrider said:
Doesn't that kind of make it a pain in the ass to adjust it trackside? Or street side? I guess iit would be OK if you still had the trunk lid in place, but if you had track bodywork that would suck to have to take it off to adjust your shock...
You-Betcha.!! But my saving grace is I have a trunk lid.. No way would you want to do this with track skins...

#11 ·
Thankx for the pic postin Heavyzee:notworthy

it is a $1.50 plastic electrical conduit clamp and i used one bolt form the eurobike undertail and then just popped one hole is the undertail and a small piece of felt or thin rubber and it has held up for 5 years no problems. i now have a henrys fancy aluminum mount on the other side

#12 ·
Hey mrgrn i have a penske shock and have always hated how i mounted it, i used some radiator hose clamps and just strapped it to the stock passenger peg which i think is horrendous, i saw that on this thread you said you had an easy solution? or anybody else let me know...

#13 ·
Redstar said:
Hey mrgrn i have a penske shock and have always hated how i mounted it, i used some radiator hose clamps and just strapped it to the stock passenger peg which i think is horrendous, i saw that on this thread you said you had an easy solution? or anybody else let me know...
Hey Red, perhaps you didn't notice. heavyzee posted mrgrn bike pictures, then mrgn posted instructions and hardware needed.;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.