Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums - View Single Post - 2001 R6S Special Edition - Fuel Pump not priming
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Jay Slonaker

Unhappy 2001 R6S Special Edition - Fuel Pump not priming

I picked this r6 up from some one for next to nothing because it wouldnt start. The thing gets spark and has a solid turn over when you crank it. If you put voltage to the brand new fuel pump i just installed it will push fuel to the fuel rail (throttle body , not injected). When it has fuel it starts right up and runs with no problems. Sounds great. I have replaced the kill switch relay and the battery as well as the fuel pump. I cant get this damn thing to prime and I am about to take it to a mechanic if I can't sort it out today. I threw a chain on my 06 gsxr 1000 and sheered the end off the clutch push rod so this r6 is all I have until I can afford to fix my second wif... gsxr 1000 This R6 is actually in prime condition. Ferrings are new, the inside is clean. It was garage kept it's whole life. Wiring is all clean and crisp, the carbs look brand new inside. It's crazy this thing just won't send fuel!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome