Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums - View Single Post - Catalunya MotoGP Spoiler
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 05:12 AM
Old Baldy
He with the senior member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsess View Post
Until the terribly sad passing of Luis Salom in FP2 yesterday (RIP), all signs were pointing to Jorge winning his third race in a row on Sunday. However, with the decision taken by the Safety Commission to run the race on the longer (and safer) F1 track layout, today's practice and qualifying sessions have clearly shown the revised layout to be much more Honda friendly and considerably less so for the Yamahas with Marquez taking his first ever Pole position and keeping himself predominantly at the pointy end for most of the extended Free Practice sessions earlier today.

I see MM as the favorite for tomorrow with Dani, Iannone and the Factory Yamahas fighting for the podium provided the latter two can successfully resolve the braking issues they're having on the circuit's revised layout. Vinales remains a dark horse consideration as well provided he finds a way to pull his finger out when is comes to his race starts. Maybe he should follow the ritualistic procedural example of what his future team mate and qualifying partner stands and does with the butt end his leathers just prior to every race.
I'd be surprised if the young twat doesn't win it, because the Yamahas don't like the tires on this configuration, but I'm actually rooting for the Bot. Would like to see him win again.
And MM will fall off.

Old Baldy
Triumph Tiger 955i with decent suspension.
Ducati 996 with hot 999 motor
Kawasaki KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome