Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums - View Single Post - Lemans MotoGP Spoiler
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 10:39 PM
sqd8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by stk0308 View Post
It's more than just Audi money, it's Gigi Dall'Igna. His organization, and skills at managing teams, is making an impact at Ducati, like it did at Aprilia.

Hm, I take your pt but IMO it's hard to put Gigi's contribution into perspective.

Taking a step back, before Gigi was there, remember who was there and not seeing any success. Rossi and Burgess.

Take a look back at a lot of Rossi's criticisms of the Ducati. One common thread, he was making the same complaints about the same things race after race after race. No improvement and no new parts developed or in development.

I believe Gigi has made a strong contribution but he has also enjoyed the enviable position of a more robust development budget. Gigi for all his brilliance isn't doing squat without Audi money. No money, no honey.

Now TBF, I could be wrong because the spotlight on Ducati's development regime isn't what it was when Rossi was there, but we aren't seeing reports of the same old woes they had when Rossi was there either.

In any event, whatever the ratio Gigi has been a positive contribution I'm just not certain it is on par with Audi's.

2006 BMW HP2
2015 Triumph Rocket III Roadster

Sour grapes are a lesser man's fruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Little Shop
The [fact] that the RC45 was a "relative failure" is what matters most...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome