My 2011 R1 - a work in progress - Page 5 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
You may need to change fuel after our flash, it will certainly be different in some areas.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Small update for today. We got in our gold titanium RCS lever bolts, which look absolutely trick. I quickly got one onto the Brembo.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #83 of 211 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 05:21 PM
And Stateside again...

why the hose clamp around the Master Reservoir line? don't they make a cleaner looking piece to do the same thing?

post #84 of 211 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLRSKUNK View Post
why the hose clamp around the Master Reservoir line? don't they make a cleaner looking piece to do the same thing?
2 wraps of safety wire works well
post #85 of 211 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I went ahead and had some Brembo 6mm clamps included in our next order, so that should clear up the hose clamp issue.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #86 of 211 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I have some more cool stuff coming in soon. Should have an update by week's end. It's funny, my list never seems to get any shorter.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #87 of 211 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
First, we wanted to continue blinging out the RCS a little bit, so I opted for a CNC red handlebar clamp, like the one seen on GP style masters.

Next, to celebrate our new partnership with Attack Performance, we decided to order a set of their rearsets, which have a very lightweight, racing inspired look and design. Another really cool thing about them, is they offer footpegs that are 10mm shorter, which we selected.

Lastly, we have ordered and acquired everything needed to complete one of our long-discussed projects and something I've wanted for some time.

All flashed and ready to go:

We've got a new OEM display, speed sensor and TC rotor on the way, as well as some other goodies I'll be posting about in due time.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #88 of 211 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 11:45 PM
And Stateside again...

Upgrading to a 2012 harness?
post #89 of 211 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Yep! For the factory TC.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #90 of 211 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Some new updates!

Some nice stuff came in -

OEM speedometer, TC rotor and and speed sensor:

RK's Chain Tool and the new EK ThreeD chain:

Both of these pieces are awesome. The chain is lighter and stronger than just about anything. It's a really innovative design. The chain breaker exceeded expectations greatly. We used it to break our RK GXW and removed a couple of links from the EK, all without any grinding. It didn't break a sweat!

TC installed!

I also took the opportunity to install new Driven sprockets.

More to come later.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #91 of 211 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013, 06:13 PM
And Stateside again...

SO are you going to be running the stock TC Rear Rotor or is this an Add on that will work with your aftermarket rear rotor?
post #92 of 211 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
The TC rotor is only used on the front. Yamaha uses the speed sensor off of the input shaft to determine rear wheel speed. All I basically had to do is modify the fork leg to accept the speed sensor. I'll post pics of the whole thing after Christmas.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #93 of 211 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013, 08:08 PM
And Stateside again...

sounds good. i'm mildly interested.

How much do you have in the conversion?
post #94 of 211 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well, I had to buy the new speedometer, sensor and rotor. The rest I traded a linkage for. So you could say around $1,200.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #95 of 211 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013, 08:18 PM
And Stateside again...

That was what my guess was going to after what I found looking at the speedo housing.
post #96 of 211 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
TC conversion is complete, the front fork leg has been modified to accept the speed sensor.

We also installed an EK 3D chain and new Driven sprockets.

Lastly, we replaced a scratched Lacomoto swingarm cover with a shiny new one:

And installed Lacomoto's MKII version of their M1 Airbox Cover.

Needless to say, this cold weather can't end soon enough.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #97 of 211 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Some new updates - We've got a lot of cool stuff coming in, in preparation for the new season.

Here's a teaser with a few of the new parts.

Attack Peformance Adjustable-Offset Triple Clamps As well as a couple of offsets, fork clamp for the Ohlins steering damper and an ignition mount, which may not be used.

Amazingly, these things are incredibly light! They look like they'd weigh as much as a boat anchor, but not so. Attack has done an amazing job on these. They look absolutely sweet and they should offer better front-end feel and more precise handling.

Next, we have the Graves Motorsports Clutch Kit and YEC Clutch Springs, for better engagement and feel.

Lastly, we upgraded our front wheel spacers to Fast Frank Racing tapered, captive billet units, to match our rear wheel. These keep the spacers from falling out, allow faster, easier wheel changes and we also dropped an ounce of weight.

More to come!

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

Last edited by AKDMA; 01-16-2014 at 04:53 PM.
post #98 of 211 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Triples installed:

Some big updates coming soon.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #99 of 211 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 06:48 PM
TOP GUN Instructor

Location: Where I >Try to LIVE< Always within the Moment of Thanksgiving to Christ Jesus, My Lord Saviour!
WHOLEY $H!T Justin, You've got one of the Badess @$$ R1s I've ever seen, and you have even MORE BIG UpDates coming! LMAO

I would love to know How Much $$$ You've got in her now? IF You had to Buy all those parts like the rest of us... I'm saying that because
I'm sure she's a rolling BillBoard for the Company.. Business paid for your parts..? I Hope for You anyhow. LOL

Last edited by RVTMAVERICK; 01-24-2014 at 07:30 PM.
post #100 of 211 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks, it's best that we don't tally up expenses, believe me! I appreciate the compliments. I do think we're nearing completion, although my "wish" list is still very long. It will probably never be quite done while I have it.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode