2001 R6S Special Edition - Fuel Pump not priming - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy 2001 R6S Special Edition - Fuel Pump not priming

I picked this r6 up from some one for next to nothing because it wouldnt start. The thing gets spark and has a solid turn over when you crank it. If you put voltage to the brand new fuel pump i just installed it will push fuel to the fuel rail (throttle body , not injected). When it has fuel it starts right up and runs with no problems. Sounds great. I have replaced the kill switch relay and the battery as well as the fuel pump. I cant get this damn thing to prime and I am about to take it to a mechanic if I can't sort it out today. I threw a chain on my 06 gsxr 1000 and sheered the end off the clutch push rod so this r6 is all I have until I can afford to fix my second wif... gsxr 1000 This R6 is actually in prime condition. Ferrings are new, the inside is clean. It was garage kept it's whole life. Wiring is all clean and crisp, the carbs look brand new inside. It's crazy this thing just won't send fuel!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode