Oh oh! Global warming 2.0 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums
Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums  

Go Back   Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums > Misc / Off Topic Area > War Room

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 01:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to drsus
Default Oh oh! Global warming 2.0

Let me add this log on to the fire...see how the war room spin room spits it out

the #1 "scientist skeptic" Richard Muller!
who happens to be the University of California physics professor
with funding that came from many of the people that wanted to debunk the "global warming by human hand" theory, amongst them the mighty Koch brothers, set out to do their own study on the cause of rising temperatures....basically, they wanted to prove to the other 99% of scientist that they were full of shit.

These guys all got together and spent a shit load of time and money on re doing all the math, reviewing all the data themselves..so that whatever "misleading" info from other scientist (according to hacked emails) would be finally shown for what it is, liberal propaganda!

SO!! the stage is set for some real money spent with some real scientist that scream the Warming-planet-thats-causing-all-the-climate-change-because-of-us-humans-is-bullshit theory in the face of the other 99% of scientist in the world that say otherwise is set right! cant possibly say that their results are biased, tilted, misinterpreted, bullshit, liberal asshole minded, tree hugger funded....blah blah right!?

so, here are their results.....

Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature (© 2011)

now... i know that going through all the data and findings can be a bit daunting, so i looked for a few "cliff notes", if you will, of some sites that are much better at summarizing shit than ill ever be.

so here are some abbreviated versions of the findings.

http://www.economist.com/node/21533360

BBC News - Global warming 'confirmed' by independent study

Climate Change Skeptics Eat Crow

but if you want me to summarize it into one tasty bite, here it is;

"Our biggest surprise was that the new results agreed so closely with the warming values published previously”

Richard Muller
Berkeley group founder

oh ooops!

oh, in looking for sites that had been following this study i found this AWESOME site, these guys did some serious work to put shit in place...if you have a couple hours to plow through this, please do....because i KNOW some of you "experts" still wont let this one fly.

How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: Responses to the most common skeptical arguments on global warming | A Grist Special Series | Grist

i have a big 'ol fat flame suit on...might not be enough for this crowd though

Last edited by drsus; 10-21-2011 at 02:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2011, 06:22 AM
Easily Illusioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsus View Post
not a word from you link pasting pros?! how come?
That's a lot of link posting Doc. I guess you really do need references to make your point.

The global warming scam (and this is my own personal opinion) is not whether it is happening. But whether it is caused by carbon based fuels and humans beings interaction on the earths environment or a completely external event via the Sun.

Scientist tried correlating global warming with skewed data and got caught.

The ultimate goal of government leaders was to use this skewed data to create another tax (carbon credits) for their cash strapped governments.

If the new goal of Biserkely and the others is to quantify the data so it can be said that it's man caused global warming so that the world governments can justify a carbon tax well you get the picture. Energy independents for the U.S. from foreign oil will never happen which would kill any chance for any meaningful economic recovery. Personally I'd say fook'em

Here is part of one of Drsus links from the BBC News take note of the bold print.

Ocean currents The Berkeley group does depart from the "orthodox" picture of climate science in its depiction of short-term variability in the global temperature.
The El Nino Southern Oscillation (ENSO) is generally thought to be the main reason for inter-annual warming or cooling.
But by the Berkeley team's analysis, the global temperature correlates more closely with the state of the Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation (AMO) index - a measure of sea surface temperature in the north Atlantic.
There are theories suggesting that the AMO index is in turn driven by fluctuations in the north Atlantic current commonly called the Gulf Stream.
The team suggests it is worth investigating whether the long-term AMO cycles, which are thought to last 65-70 years, may play a part in the temperature rise, fall and rise again seen during the 20th Century.
But they emphasise that anthropogenic global warming (AGW) driven by greenhouse gas emissions is very much in their picture.
"Had we found no global warming, then that would have ruled out AGW," said Professor Muller.
"Had we found half as much, it would have suggested that prior estimates [of AGW] were too large; if we had found more warming, it would have raised the question of whether prior estimates were too low.
"But we didn't; we found that the prior rise was confirmed. That means that we do not directly affect prior estimates."
The team next plans to look at ocean temperatures, in order to construct a truly global dataset.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Naturally Exasperated

He dr... Good post.

It's kinda phunny..

Facts dont matter to these guys. Emotions matter.

So... Post all the high level, serious science you like. They laugh in the face of physics. They mock research. History and law be damned. They dismiss warnings, key issues and consensus. For what or whom? A bunch of corporate liars, shills and whack jobs... They dont have to back up anything with facts.. they have a lifetime of lies to lean on, a history of unhealthy deceptions and an ark of money to corupt science with. They will never admit a mistake. Thats how Russia got to be so great. Thats how the church ended up mass murdering people and molesting little boys.

Grown up science a scam to them. All their other 'scams' have been debunked and they look like morons and fools but still they keep on, indignant and defiant despite a tsunami of reason, logic, truth and confirmation. Reminds me of some delusional born again. Touting a fairy tale as fact and trying to make his world fit through this skewered book of fables. Believing he is right and righteous without a shred of proof, evidence or reason.

I am reminded of Shenton(from the flat earth society) Holding up NASA's first pictures of earth from space. He puts the photo down on the table and says "you see.. it's flat" lol. That is who you're dealing with.

The Earth is flat? What planet is he on? | Science | The Guardian

Quote:
The Earth is flat? What planet is he on?

The Flat Earth Society has become a byword for sticking your head in the sand, whatever the scientific facts. David Adam tries to make sense of its new president, Daniel Shenton...

• A 1922 illustration from the Swedish and Norwegian magazine Allers Familj-Journal. Photograph: Alamy

Daniel Shenton should be the most irrational man in the world. As the new president of the Flat Earth Society, you'd *imagine he would also think that evolution is a scam and *global warming a myth. He should *argue that smoking does not cause *cancer and HIV does not lead to Aids.
    Yes, that Flat Earth Society, a group that has become a living metaphor for backward thinking and a refusal to face scientific facts. Yes, it is still going, and no, this isn't an early April fool.
    In fact, Shenton turns out to have resolutely mainstream views on most issues. The 33-year-old American, *originally from Virginia but now living and working in London, is happy with the work of Charles Darwin. He thinks the evidence for man-made global warming is strong, and he dismisses suggestions that his own government was involved with the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
    He is mainstream on most issues, but not all. For when Shenton rides his motorbike, he says it is not gravity that pins him to the road, but the rapid upward motion of a disc-shaped planet. (lol)
I say let them have their fantasies. You'll never 'convince' them of anything mature, truthful or meaningful. Look at 'old ass spooge'...Dismissing the latest confirmations as "hollow".. heheh. He'd rather put the health of the world in Lord Monckton's lying hands or middle eastern folk lore.

They dont need a truthful stance in their lives. Reckless consumption is good enough to base a future on. Money and possessions will endear them to the almighty.. hahah.. what a joke.

Violent intervention is OK with them, even though it wouldnt be OK with the founding fathers OR Jesus who, they love to claim they respect. Nothing like killing for Jesus. Not unlike wrecking a world economy dressed up as fiscal conservatives. They cannot seem to own their statements of merely a year ago... A childish, juvenile excuse is all they seem to need. That seems to make them members of 'great' and 'good' people, in their esteem.. the same esteem that dismisses reality. Everyone else is evil.

So, even if Obama rounds up every last terrorist, fixes the economy, reverses AGW, streamlines government, security systems and solidifies foreign relations.. he's still a domestic terrorist..! lol. I D I O T S ! @
Old 10-21-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman_JD View Post
That's a lot of link posting Doc. I guess you really do need references to make your point.just trying to play you guys favorite pass time, seems the only way one can get you to read. I did provide some small bites to swallow in case even that got too be too much reading for one seating

The global warming scam (and this is my own personal opinion) is not whether it is happening. But whether it is caused by carbon based fuels and humans beings interaction on the earths environment or a completely external event via the Sun. since you were kind enough to say "my personal opinion" excuse me while i ignore this paragraph. i do see you point about the sun, it is a hot thing, it most make things warm here!? i like your study there

Scientist tried correlating global warming with skewed data and got caught. right!! which this particular study set out to prove that these scientist that " got caught" were the liars they were...except it bit them in the ass in the end

The ultimate goal of government leaders was to use this skewed data to create another tax (carbon credits) for their cash strapped governments.

If the new goal of Biserkely and the others is to quantify the data so it can be said that it's man caused global warming so that the world governments can justify a carbon tax well you get the picture. Energy independents for the U.S. from foreign oil will never happen which would kill any chance for any meaningful economic recovery. Personally I'd say fook'emmy friend...you do know who the Berkley group is right? please tell me you read who they are. They are funded by the Koch brothers for fooks sake! and a whle BUNCH of other groups specifically aimed at debunking global warming theories. These are the very same guys that HACKED the emails of these scienteis that "got caught" dude! these are you peeps, your buddies, your carnads!!...basically, youre looking in the mirror and l yoursefl a liar here, careful.

Here is part of one of Drsus links from the BBC News take note of the bold print.

Ocean currents The Berkeley group does depart from the "orthodox" picture of climate science in its depiction of short-term variability in the global temperature.
The El Nino Southern Oscillation (ENSO) is generally thought to be the main reason for inter-annual warming or cooling.
But by the Berkeley team's analysis, the global temperature correlates more closely with the state of the Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation (AMO) index - a measure of sea surface temperature in the north Atlantic.
There are theories suggesting that the AMO index is in turn driven by fluctuations in the north Atlantic current commonly called the Gulf Stream.
The team suggests it is worth investigating whether the long-term AMO cycles, which are thought to last 65-70 years, may play a part in the temperature rise, fall and rise again seen during the 20th Century.
But they emphasise that anthropogenic global warming (AGW) driven by greenhouse gas emissions is very much in their picture.
"Had we found no global warming, then that would have ruled out AGW," said Professor Muller.
"Had we found half as much, it would have suggested that prior estimates [of AGW] were too large; if we had found more warming, it would have raised the question of whether prior estimates were too low.
"But we didn't; we found that the prior rise was confirmed. That means that we do not directly affect prior estimates."
The team next plans to look at ocean temperatures, in order to construct a truly global dataset.

so let me get this right...you quoted the part of the article where they say theyre looking into studying the POSSIBILTY behind these ocean cycles as another avenue to maybe find something there that might help debunk global warming yet still, since this last attempt blew up in their face.

"very much in the picture" i love that part.... reminds me of that scene in Dumb and Dumber "so youre saying theres a chance!"

cool, let me know how that goes, but i for one, im done paying attention to what they had to say anymore.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:20 PM
Easily Illusioned

Quote:
so let me get this right...you quoted the part of the article where they say theyre looking into studying the POSSIBILTY behind these ocean cycles as another avenue to maybe find something there that might help debunk global warming yet still, since this last attempt blew up in their face.

"very much in the picture" i love that part.... reminds me of that scene in Dumb and Dumber "so youre saying theres a chance!"

cool, let me know how that goes, but i for one, im done paying attention to what they had to say anymore.
The point is if it is solar cycles that is causing the rise in temps. Adding new regulations or lets say elimination of all carbon emissions and zero population growth maybe, just maybe it would make no difference.
The hoax is the carbon tax. follow the money trail.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Meatball's Dad

I am just waiting for Al Gore to loose his fat ass in whatever green energy scam investments he's gotten himself into. Then hebcan pay for the hookers instead of trying to rape hotel patrons/workers

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
www.OATHKEEPERS.ORG
Old 10-21-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
The point is if it is solar cycles that is causing the rise in temps. Adding new regulations or lets say elimination of all carbon emissions and zero population growth maybe, just maybe it would make no difference.
Hello?! Wake up!
The sun isn't causing the warming. That's what certain people and certain industries want you to think but it's not true. You must have missed my postings, GW, page 172?.

"Since the last solar minimum of 1996, the Sun's brightness has decreased by 0.02% at visible wavelengths, and 6% at extreme UV wavelengths..."

Looks like you have your hoaxes mixed up.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycstripes View Post
I am just waiting for Al Gore to loose his fat ass in whatever green energy scam investments he's gotten himself into. Then hebcan pay for the hookers instead of trying to rape hotel patrons/workers
Al Gore is water under the bridge. The issue dwarfs even his fat ass.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Easily Illusioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
Hello?! Wake up!
The sun isn't causing the warming. That's what certain people and certain industries want you to think but it's not true. You must have missed my postings, GW, page 172?.

"Since the last solar minimum of 1996, the Sun's brightness has decreased by 0.02% at visible wavelengths, and 6% at extreme UV wavelengths..."

Looks like you have your hoaxes mixed up.
If it's not the sun then is must be the earth itself causing the warming.

Al Gore Has Made a Brilliant Discovery - The Center Of The Earth Is Hotter Than The Sun

The Brilliant Progressive Scientist, Al Gore has just revealed a startling new fact - That there are some hot rocks in the center of the earth that are hotter than the surface of the sun. That's right, he has proclaimed that the center of the earth is several million degrees.

What would we do without Al Gore - Nobel Prize Winning Scientist!
If it were anyone else it would be unbelievable, because previously all of the world's scientists only measured center of the Earth temperatures of 4000 to 7000 degrees. Lucky for them, Al Gore has a very special thermometer that does not melt in this heat.

Al Gore also stated that the crust of the Earth is also very hot now. This must be due to global warming. He did not yet explain how Antarctica and the Arctic have withstood all of this heat of the earth's crust.

Al Gore also revealed that his scientists have developed drill bits that do not melt in million degree heat. See the interview for full details.

Al Gore: Earth is Now Hotter Than The Sun!

Then I'll go with option C the movie 2012 story line.

The premise: the sun’s 11-year activity cycle reaches a peak in 2012. (A recent analysis led by the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration actually pegs the peak to occur in May 2013, and it will be less intense than previous peaks.) For some reason, the neutrinos from the sun start behaving differently: they begin interacting frequently with matter, rather than largely passing through it harmlessly. The filmmakers could have easily invented entirely new particles for the job—call them bambinos, say—but perhaps that’s too silly.
In the movie, the "neutrinos" heat up Earth’s inner core, making it boil. That in turn destabilizes the overlying layers (outer core and mantle), making the crust buckle, rise and shift by thousands of kilometers.
As a result, skyscrapers topple, bridges crumble and runways fracture (always in the direction of take-off). People scream, puppies live, heroes escape, villains try to but die, and supporting cast members face their demise. (My favorite here: Danny Glover, famous for portraying a long-suffering cop in the Lethal Weapon movies, plays the U.S. president who decides to go down with the White House—and seemed to be on the verge of saying, "But I was only two days from retirement.")
Old 10-21-2011, 11:43 PM

Why are you guys so patheticaly desperate on GW? Scared you're wrong? Gore is always your boogie man. It's ridiculous. Gore is a sideshow. So he mispoke and said million instead of thousand. Big F-ing deal. Like I said, you're pathetic, sorry, patheticaly desperate.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:36 AM
Naturally Exasperated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
Why are you guys so patheticaly desperate on GW? Scared you're wrong? Gore is always your boogie man. It's ridiculous. Gore is a sideshow. So he mispoke and said million instead of thousand. Big F-ing deal. Like I said, you're pathetic, sorry, patheticaly desperate.
Feel free to call it AGW. We are responsible. Ding-a-lings NEVER take responsibility so, NEVER expect them to understand, help, hurry or give a shite. They discovered, a long time ago, pillaging and cheating makes you richer. Taking responsibility makes you poorer. Denying is easy and repition of lies is truth. They choose the selfish way.. it's their nature.

Imagine if this party of RW bozos gets in.. holy, end of the world fvck. Close the doors of the EPA when it's needed most. Deregulate industry afterward.. FN retards will NEVER get it. NOT ONE lesson learned from the financial meltdown. NOT ONE.

Calling AGM myth while asserting a fvcked foreign fairy tale is true. AGW is explained by the book, with the numbers, to the T and over and over again and yet... This dumbfvck mob from out of the dark ages insists we act stupid and reckless... WTF can you do except... v o t e.

Tell every smart person to get out and vote against corrupt and stupid.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:48 AM

Quote:
wow... the solar cycles huh? that my friend is a goooood one. Specially since we have so much data on solar cycles, how could they miss that one.

i would love nothing more than for you to direct me to where you saw this so i can check this out. Hopefully the guy that came up with this theory doesnt also have a blog on the mayan calendar and 2012.....
Old 10-22-2011, 12:53 AM

Quote:
If it's not the sun then is must be the earth itself causing the warming.

Al Gore Has Made a Brilliant Discovery - The Center Of The Earth Is Hotter Than The Sun

The Brilliant Progressive Scientist, Al Gore has just revealed a startling new fact - That there are some hot rocks in the center of the earth that are hotter than the surface of the sun. That's right, he has proclaimed that the center of the earth is several million degrees.

What would we do without Al Gore - Nobel Prize Winning Scientist!
If it were anyone else it would be unbelievable, because previously all of the world's scientists only measured center of the Earth temperatures of 4000 to 7000 degrees. Lucky for them, Al Gore has a very special thermometer that does not melt in this heat.

Al Gore also stated that the crust of the Earth is also very hot now. This must be due to global warming. He did not yet explain how Antarctica and the Arctic have withstood all of this heat of the earth's crust.

Al Gore also revealed that his scientists have developed drill bits that do not melt in million degree heat. See the interview for full details.

Al Gore: Earth is Now Hotter Than The Sun!

Then I'll go with option C the movie 2012 story line.

The premise: the sun’s 11-year activity cycle reaches a peak in 2012. (A recent analysis led by the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration actually pegs the peak to occur in May 2013, and it will be less intense than previous peaks.) For some reason, the neutrinos from the sun start behaving differently: they begin interacting frequently with matter, rather than largely passing through it harmlessly. The filmmakers could have easily invented entirely new particles for the job—call them bambinos, say—but perhaps that’s too silly.
In the movie, the "neutrinos" heat up Earth’s inner core, making it boil. That in turn destabilizes the overlying layers (outer core and mantle), making the crust buckle, rise and shift by thousands of kilometers.
As a result, skyscrapers topple, bridges crumble and runways fracture (always in the direction of take-off). People scream, puppies live, heroes escape, villains try to but die, and supporting cast members face their demise. (My favorite here: Danny Glover, famous for portraying a long-suffering cop in the Lethal Weapon movies, plays the U.S. president who decides to go down with the White House—and seemed to be on the verge of saying, "But I was only two days from retirement.")

ah! i get it now, you hate Al Gore, thats cool.

is that your ground for dismissing 99% of the scientists that say the earth is warming more rapidly than it should thus causing all kinds of climate changes?
Al Gore?!

I knew you guys wouldnt disappoint with your amazing spinoriffic talents.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycstripes View Post
youre right..... but you digress, we were talking about global warming?

this is going awesome by the way, you guys almost make it so i dont even have to reply to your post theyre so amazing and riddled with just the right amount of cool theories, very cool theories.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:47 AM
Easily Illusioned

Quote:
ah! i get it now, you hate Al Gore, thats cool.

is that your ground for dismissing 99% of the scientists that say the earth is warming more rapidly than it should thus causing all kinds of climate changes?
Al Gore?!

I knew you guys wouldnt disappoint with your amazing spinoriffic talents.
I just want to be part of this awesome religion, People Uniting People for the Purpose of Saving our Planet from the People who want to destroy our Planet by not supporting the people who believe that Green house gasses are at the same time causing the planet to heat up as well as blocking the sun of necessary light and causing the planet to cool but only at different parts of the planet which explains the weather phenomenons that cause flooding and droughts at different location on the planet.
Or PUPFTPOSOPFPWWTDOPBNSTPWBTGHGAATSTCTPTHUAWABTSONLA CTPTCBOADPOTPWETWPTCFADADLOTP for short. AGW Rules!

Where do I sign.

Oh yeah, Al Gore is a cool guy with a great imagination, who probably needs to cut his testosterone dose down a bit.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:10 AM

i could care less about Al Gore..didnt vote for him then, dont really find him very interesting now and found his movie entertaining at best. by him not being an actual scientist, thats all it was, entertaining with SOME good info (most already well known well before the movie, but people love graphics and anecdotal form of such things)...hardly the core of the argument for anyone serious about the topic..though you guys cling to him for salvation in the argument against GW at every chance.

and im not surprised youd want to make a religion out Al Gore ...Religion is VERY important to you guys.... how else could you explain things without science right?!
Old 10-22-2011, 06:50 AM
Easily Illusioned

Quote:

and im not surprised youd want to make a religion out Al Gore ...Religion is VERY important to you guys.... how else could you explain things without science right?!

Clarification Alert!
Ouch! not talking about Al baby, but the radical GW movement. It's seems more like a perverted religion and less than a science at least from I've seen. When the scientist can quantifying the data into an irrefutable solution...well until then it's a study or a theory.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:26 PM

Hold on.. I have to run out to the store for more popcorn.

Back. Ok, (OF sits here waiting for giggle's hissing and spitting responses) lets let the Halifax edition of uncle fester pedal his bicycle powered generator enough to charge up the battery in his laptop. In the brief repose we have, consider that could giggles be a closet lover of mister rc45?
Old 10-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Meatball's Dad

Quote:
youre right..... but you digress, we were talking about global warming?

this is going awesome by the way, you guys almost make it so i dont even have to reply to your post theyre so amazing and riddled with just the right amount of cool theories, very cool theories.
It still gives me a chuckle to read your posts with your claim to be politically independent when most of your dribble is so very hard left.
Then again, maybe in CA your position may be centrist...

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
www.OATHKEEPERS.ORG
Old 10-22-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
Hold on.. I have to run out to the store for more popcorn.
Don't forget the tampons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement