RC30 on Ebay for 30K... - Page 4 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 07:26 PM
Gold Sponsor

You were a condescending doosh as homo too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
You were a condescending doosh as homo too
Getting back to form I see.
Good. You should be fighting fit soon. Zilla will be back to normal.
You having incoherent rants in some odd dialect of english, and Larry scanning endless articles about his museum piece. Now we have a couple of new additions to the mix, some new scans and cut and paste nonsense to prove nothing at all.
post #63 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trussdude View Post
I'd take the RC30 over the RC51 every day of the week.

I don't care how much money you put into the RC51.
Yeah I have to agree. The RC30 is one bike I would love to own and ride.

post #64 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 08:07 PM

Garage
Out of those bikes, I like the RC45 a lot, still looks cool to me. A nice blend of modern and older styling. I've never ridden one, probably never will.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #65 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDMA View Post
Speaking of cool V4s, I met a guy at Cogent the other day that had 2 Desmosedici RRs. One for street, one for track. Crazy.
Don't know him, but I hate him already.

2006 BMW HP2
2015 Triumph Rocket III Roadster

Sour grapes are a lesser man's fruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Little Shop
The [fact] that the RC45 was a "relative failure" is what matters most...

post #66 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 11:46 PM

I'd love an RC30 or RC45 but the pricing is silly. I've owed and loved an RC51 and while the snobs will say it doesn't have the "pedigree" it was a phenomenal winner for Honda.

My S1RR will ride rings around all of them. Heck my CBR600RR could. Guess if you want to continue arguing the point go ahead while those of us who have actually entered the current century will leave you and your memories well behind.

Personally I would think having one of those excellent bikes should be enough to quiet the egos and just actually enjoy owning something so exotic. Maybe they really don't live up to their hype.

2006 BMW HP2

Quote:

post #67 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
V4 CyclePath...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqd8r View Post
My S1RR will ride rings around all of them.
All of them Dale??? how about my friends with kitted RC45s??? they will be
happy to school *you* and your Motor of Death with their lethal little 750 that
they believe still feels modern even thought every kit part was homologated in the 90s...
Attached Images

Larry L
94 RC45 #2
90 RC30 #44 sold
Have a wheelie NICE day...
Lean & Mean it in every corner of your life...
If it wasn't for us the fast lane would rust...
V4'S are music to the seat of my pants...
1952 De Havilland Chipmunk...
Yank and bank your brains loose...

post #68 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 09:09 AM

Very nice !!! Now of to do the lotto
post #69 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Gold Sponsor

Now that is funny

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #70 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 01:55 PM

Garage
I had to LOL at that scan above. An S1000RR getting beaten by an RC45, lol. That guy's as deluded as Larry.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #71 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 03:51 PM

It is a little ridiculous to compare a fully kitted race bike to a showroom stock street bike.

Compare oranges to oranges, the venerable, but aged, kitted RC45 to a fully kitted BMW S1000R SBK bike.

At least he admits in the article he is basically obsessed with his bike.
That fact colors his opinion.

And no, just because another fan of the RC45, even a real nice one, gets an article in a magazine, it does not mean it proves anything except there are other owners of these bikes that really like them.
post #72 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 06:52 PM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc1036 View Post
Compare oranges to oranges, the venerable, but aged, kitted RC45 to a fully kitted BMW S1000R SBK bike.

should also take away 250 cc's from the Beemer to make it fair as inlines were allowed 750 back then

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #73 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
should also take away 250 cc's from the Beemer to make it fair as inlines were allowed 750 back then
No need, bring it up against a GSXR750 and get used to see this...

Or even a modern 600 or 675 where power / weight ratio favours the 600 never mind near 20 years of chassis and suspension advancement.

I love my classics, on two or four wheels, but technology by its very nature is constantly moving the goal posts and something even 5-10 yrs old will never compare to modern tech. Best to enjoy it for the legend it is instead of trying to compare it to anything even remotely modern and competitive.

2006 BMW HP2

Quote:

post #74 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 08:24 PM
Gold Sponsor

I beg to differ lol seriously nothing beats technology I just don't think it is as far ahead as you might think

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #75 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 02:26 AM

C'mon , none of you guys understands Larry's venerable lesson that in the singular field of motorcycle design , technological progression stopped , absolutely stopped , with the RC45 .

THE LEGEND
post #76 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 05:38 AM Thread Starter
V4 CyclePath...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDMA View Post
I don't need to to see that it's got similar specs to an old 600.
Don't just ride spec sheets AK... because your ass maybe bloody from a nasty paper cut...

Larry L
94 RC45 #2
90 RC30 #44 sold

Last edited by Busy Little Shop; 04-22-2013 at 06:50 AM.
post #77 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 06:49 AM Thread Starter
V4 CyclePath...

Mr.Honda's venerable lesson... GP is the only level thats enjoyed a
steady progression of technology... if its new the Gp machines had it
first... Mr.Honda the consummate engineer never waived from his dream
of racing a 4 stroke designed by his employees built solely under the
roof of his Japanese factory... he petitioned the ruling bodies to
allow 750cc 4 strokes to compete with the 500cc 2 strokes... so under
his command HRC designed RC30 and RC45 to be 85% Gp machines for their
respective period... the Old Man understood that if his plan to fill
the dwindling Gp grids with his RVF works 4 stroke machines fell short
he would undoubtable produce one soundly competitive WSBK machine...
Mich Doohan and Wayne Gardner had a direct input in the development of
the RVF750 works machines... so the lesson Mr.Honda taught the world's
engineers that if spare no expense and aimed high at the Gp level your
design would undoubtable work competitively in the lower WSBK class...
this is what the engineers at Aprilia's did... they aimed high at the
GP level with their RSV4 and hit the mark in WSBK... unlike BMW who
aimed at WSBK and has fell short of WSBK... look to HRC to aim
Honda's new RVF1000R V4 design high at the Gp level which will prove
to a lethal at the WSBK level...

So in conclusion if you wish to ride the closest incarnation of a
Honda Gp 4 stroke machine then the RC30 and RC45 are for you...

Larry L
94 RC45 #2
90 RC30 #44 sold

post #78 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 01:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Little Shop View Post
Don't just ride spec sheets AK... because your ass maybe bloody from a nasty paper cut...
Believe me, I don't. If I did, I would have an S1000RR instead of my R1. But I'm also not crazy.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #79 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 03:55 PM

BLS comments here are negated even moreso than normal by the fact that he backed off a challenge from someone on a 600 iirc. 750 GSXR would just make him wet his rc45 printed undies...

2006 BMW HP2

Quote:

post #80 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 04:07 PM

the thong remains the thame...

...dawg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode