RC30 on Ebay for 30K... - Page 3 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
V4 CyclePath...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami6989 View Post
Same fukn pic over and over and over and no one ever laughed. Not once.
Not once??? I'd like to see the paper work on that...

Larry L
94 RC45 #2
90 RC30 #44 sold
Have a wheelie NICE day...
Lean & Mean it in every corner of your life...
If it wasn't for us the fast lane would rust...
V4'S are music to the seat of my pants...
1952 De Havilland Chipmunk...
Yank and bank your brains loose...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
Bullshit. Making fun of me or my bike makes you look like a child and has no bearing on the facts of the bikes and the 30 is a rare hand assembled race bike brought from Honda while the 51 was a stamped street bike that they tossed parts on. The 30 was soley built to win Suzuka and the rest was golden
Seriously , dude , you're really showing your ignorance . " A stamped street bike they tossed parts on " ? What does this even mean ?! Stamped like the '51's forged steering head , or the SP2's lowly swingarm ? And what major parts does the bike share with other Honda's ? The RC51 was designed to win WSBK which it did along with every other championship in which it raced . Therefore , it was HRC's official racing platform -- a fact so obvious , everyone knows it , except you . Over the years I've stayed out of the fights you keep starting at 'zilla , but you really are a dumb fvck ... and mentally unbalanced it would appear . Now run along and kill someone with your "carbon" clip-ons .

THE LEGEND
post #43 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 01:46 AM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCules View Post
Seriously , dude , you're really showing your ignorance . " A stamped street bike they tossed parts on " ? What does this even mean ?! Stamped like the '51's forged steering head , or the SP2's lowly swingarm ? And what major parts does the bike share with other Honda's ? The RC51 was designed to win WSBK which it did along with every other championship in which it raced . Therefore , it was HRC's official racing platform -- a fact so obvious , everyone knows it , except you . Over the years I've stayed out of the fights you keep starting at 'zilla , but you really are a dumb fvck ... and mentally unbalanced it would appear . Now run along and kill someone with your "carbon" clip-ons .
The 51 was never the privateer kit bike the 30 was

I have stated no fight seems you have with your insults and name calling. Maybe if you spoke less it would not look like your mom let you google shit and play on speedzilla. I know the lure of being liked by your peers tells you to bash on me but in the end they could really care less about you and neither do i

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r

post #44 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 03:50 AM

This bike did get a couple more bids, 23,600 currently. It's still one of the sexiest bikes ever made
post #45 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 04:35 AM

To say the RC30 was better than the RC51 because of relative higher at-sale spec is a faulty argument. The RC51 purposely started out as a more basic package than the RC30, but available options gave it so much more than the RC30 to the public, if you had the money. And that is the point. The basic RC51 was cheap compared to the RC30, but it still had great bones. Great bones as seen in its racing success. Spend on one of the 3 HRC RC51 kits, and you get a more capable bike, step by step, to the level of a potential national winning championship bike. Not so easy to get those parts on the RC30. Much of them were never officially available to the public, like the RC51 parts were.

I remember in 2000, when the Honda Canada RC51 bikes were full HRC stage 3 spec, at about $160,000 per bike ($110,000 US at that time, because the CAD dollar sucked). The bike was beautiful and won the championship.

The RC51 was the most accessible HRC bike ever. A reason to celebrate IMO.

So much of this history is gone from the internet sadly. But here is a bit.

Soup :: RC51 Customer race bikes for sale

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...s-for-the-RC51

And finally, newer bikes have always improved and are faster. On top of that there were particularly a lot of motorcycle improvements between the RC30 and RC51. Both are great bikes but the RC51 will hand the RC30 its ass on the track.

Last edited by kwtoxman; 04-19-2013 at 05:01 AM.
post #46 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 05:53 AM Thread Starter
V4 CyclePath...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtoxman View Post
To say the RC30 was better than the RC51 because of relative higher at-sale spec is a faulty argument. The RC51 purposely started out as a more basic package than the RC30, but available options gave it so much more than the RC30 to the public, if you had the money. And that is the point. The basic RC51 was cheap compared to the RC30, but it still had great bones. Great bones as seen in its racing success. Spend on one of the 3 HRC RC51 kits, and you get a more capable bike, step by step, to the level of a potential national winning championship bike. Not so easy to get those parts on the RC30. Much of them were never officially available to the public, like the RC51 parts were.

I remember in 2000, when the Honda Canada RC51 bikes were full HRC stage 3 spec, at about $160,000 per bike ($110,000 US at that time, because the CAD dollar sucked). The bike was beautiful and won the championship.

So much of this history is gone from the internet sadly. But here is a bit.

Soup :: RC51 Customer race bikes for sale

HRC race kits for the RC51?

And finally, newer bikes have always improved and are faster. On top of that there were particularly a lot of motorcycle improvements between the RC30 and RC51. Both are great bikes but the RC51 will hand the RC30 its ass on the track.
Great perspective... I'd like to fill in some on the bike in between after all every Honda sporting RC are great...

Honda's RC45 was one of the first so called "lab bikes" and compared
to the simple RC30... Honda took a lot stick for the RC45 being too
complicated... All thought Honda has always stride to produce simple
machines their carburated RC30 was a no hoper stuck at the 150HP
barrier... they needed new technology to race upwards of 185HP... the
only solution was computer control Fi... a feature you'll find on
about 90% of the bikes in production today... even the lowly Harley
sports computer control Fi...

The world is changing at the rate of 60 seconds a minute with new
demands placed on electronics everyday... so while complex electronics
was not a really a part of the motorcycle main stream back in 94 it's
surely something we have all enjoy today... I think it's only fair
that the RC45 receives less stick and more tribute as one of the
pioneer "lab bikes" aimed at the public...

What's our benefit as a street rider??? well because of the way Fi
works even at part throttle the RC45 does not suffer it's tall first
gear like the RC30...

HRC RC45 Kit Parts

Larry L
94 RC45 #2
90 RC30 #44 sold
Have a wheelie NICE day...
Lean & Mean it in every corner of your life...
If it wasn't for us the fast lane would rust...
V4'S are music to the seat of my pants...
1952 De Havilland Chipmunk...
Yank and bank your brains loose...

post #47 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 06:21 AM

HRC kit

I have a copy of the original HRC VTR1000 SP1 sales brochure.(yeah I know crap pics, taken with phone camera)

Real HRC
NOT mass produced

Performance bikes on the RC51...."It is a pretender"
post #48 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 12:48 AM

Quote:
The 51 was never the privateer kit bike the 30 was

I have stated no fight seems you have with your insults and name calling. Maybe if you spoke less it would not look like your mom let you google shit and play on speedzilla. I know the lure of being liked by your peers tells you to bash on me but in the end they could really care less about you and neither do i
Your general words never signify anything -- eg. "privateer" this and that , from a sales brochure or moto rag no doubt -- so I'll reply just one more time with a concrete example for your edification . A local French team won the 24 Hours Of LeMans on a lightly modified RC51 , and wanted to ride it home but for blinkers . Your feelings are hurt so I'll also state that the RC30 and 45 were terrific bikes (the former more than the latter) but , as is the way of progress and development , HRC learned from these bikes' limitations when designing the RC51 , making the latter a better race platform even if it isn't "rare." BTW , you've started no fights ?! That's all you fvcking do , with your passive-aggressive interjections and other nonsense . Moron .

THE LEGEND
post #49 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtoxman View Post

Well , well , 'zilla has a very rational , knowlegeable new memeber , and a fellow Canuck at that ! Welcome .

THE LEGEND
post #50 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 10:21 AM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCules View Post
Your general words never signify anything -- eg. "privateer" this and that , from a sales brochure or moto rag no doubt -- so I'll reply just one more time with a concrete example for your edification . A local French team won the 24 Hours Of LeMans on a lightly modified RC51 , and wanted to ride it home but for blinkers . Your feelings are hurt so I'll also state that the RC30 and 45 were terrific bikes (the former more than the latter) but , as is the way of progress and development , HRC learned from these bikes' limitations when designing the RC51 , making the latter a better race platform even if it isn't "rare." BTW , you've started no fights ?! That's all you fvcking do , with your passive-aggressive interjections and other nonsense . Moron .
So your back to name calling, ok you act like a douche does that make you feel better. I have Been here since 2001 and your kind comes and goes you are truly meaningless nobody ever will remember one single thing you ever say. You just ride on the coattail of others and getting your jab in, a real contribution you are son lmao. Sorry if you have no idea what rc30 and privateer mean you are making banter up to try to gain peer approval I have to go you win lol

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r

Last edited by mrgrn; 04-20-2013 at 05:35 PM.
post #51 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 12:25 PM

Is everyone on the rag here...

Just hard to follow what is going on with all this RC dousching going on.

Comical from one angle but the personal attacks... Not so much!

Lighten up and use some more smileys when you respond... Really fellas... All we need is love! .

Know God, Know Peace

Kevin/34: I pull that chin strap tight - "We're on a racetrack. We're out here riding motorcycles. You put your helmet on, you pull that chin strap tight, there should be nothing but a smile on your face. Because what the hell else would you rather be doing?"
post #52 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 01:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
So your back to name calling, ok you act like a douche does that make you feel better. I have Ben here since 2001 and your kind comes and goes you are truly meaningless nobody ever will remember one single thing you ever say. You just ride on the coattail of others and getting your jab in, a real contribution you are son lmao. Sorry if you have no idea what rc30 and privateer mean you are making banter up to try to gain peer approval I have to go you win lol
Who cares what the RC30 was and what the RC51 is? Put them both in stock trim on the same track, observe the 51 vanish from the 30's vision. Same would happen with any modern bike vs the 51. In terms of actually riding the machine, I'd take a 51 over a 30 any day of the week, not to mention the fact that if I had a 30k RC51, it would absolutely obliterate the RC30. So, if you want something expensive and 'special' because of it's heritage, great. If you want a better bike, get the 51.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #53 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 05:06 PM

I'd take the RC30 over the RC51 every day of the week.

I don't care how much money you put into the RC51.

post #54 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 05:31 PM

Garage
Fundamental difference between us then. I'd rather have a high performance motorcycle that rides better than have a 30k show piece with irreplaceable parts and no advantage, track or street.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #55 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 05:42 PM

Have you ever ridden an RC30?

If you want a high performance motorcycle, there are only about 2,000 that are better than the RC51.

post #56 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 05:43 PM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trussdude View Post
I'd take the RC30 over the RC51 every day of the week.

I don't care how much money you put into the RC51.
funny thing also for the 30 haters i have a few bucks into both my 51 and my 30 and honestly my 30 will probably eat all but maybe Damon's 51 for lunch

115-120 hp on the old wind bag but the 51 may have a few more HP but with the weight loss, suspension changes, brakes and overall handling any track that has corners the 51 would lose out to a much older and smaller 30

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #57 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 05:43 PM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:

If you want a high performance motorcycle, there are only about 2,000 that are better than the RC51.

yes i have Pat

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #58 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 05:46 PM

Garage
Quote:

I don't need to to see that it's got similar specs to an old 600. I'm sure it's a fun bike to ride, but clearly the RC is better. Not to mention the 25k price difference. 25k into an RC51 would make the difference between the two a mile wide. I'm realistic in knowing the RC51 in OEM form is nothing to set the world on fire, but then neither is an RC30. This isn't 1990. Getting 120rwhp out of an RC30 is comparable to getting 160 out of an RC51.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #59 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 07:03 PM

Hilarious . That's what makes the interwebs so great : even illiterates like mrgrime can feel like experts on things like motorcycles . Keep repeating the same old cliches about the 30 and 45 , "race-replica" , "privateer" bike , yadda yadda , they're relics just like the 51 . And since you haven't figured it out yet , retard , I've been here for years too , under a different name b/c I like my current one better . Yeah it's true , you've been here longer than I have , making a fool of yourself year after year . Please continue , you're a running (bad) joke .

THE LEGEND

Last edited by HRCules; 04-20-2013 at 07:20 PM.
post #60 of 197 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 07:22 PM

Garage
Speaking of cool V4s, I met a guy at Cogent the other day that had 2 Desmosedici RRs. One for street, one for track. Crazy.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode