My RC30 build - Page 4 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 78 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 09:58 PM

Sweet ass looking bike mrgrn. I really like the wheel and brake combo u did. I'd like to see it make a mag cover or at least get in one. Cause it deserves it and so do u.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
Home the fun begins lots of work still to do
Looks great....this is one mean Honda v4...

My RC51:Endurance race fairing,Hyper Pro 3D Rear Shock & Front Linear Spring,Hyper Pro Height Raiser Kit,Gp Pro Gear Indicator,Brembo RCS Master Pump,Turn1 Kevlar Airbox & CF Intake,520 Chain 15/44,Power Race Tyre,Rumble Undertray,Flapper Valve,Pair Removal Mod,Rockwall Clipon,HRC 1/6 Fast Trottle,EBC HH Brake Pad, Scorpion SS Slipon Race Can,Harris Rear Set, Carbon Stator & Clutch CF Cover, Samco Rad Hose,JE Piston...more to come...:twocents :twocents :twocents
post #63 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Thank you guys!

some more pics. I still have not installed the rear mini ISR caliper and hanger as i am almost done with a delrin slider deal to replace the aluminum post cover on the swingarm linkage spot.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r

post #64 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

going to resort the rear brake line too, i know. I have a new rear spindle to install when i do the rear brake deal with a custom rotor and longer drive pins to accomodate for the wider tire.

I did manage to get 1 OEM fan in with a switch so i feel a bit better then just hope it runs OK and i also have a oil cooler to add, or not as well as a electrical water pump, or not. I am going to see how hot it runs and move from there maybe i get lucky to just leave it as is

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #65 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 12:48 AM

Have u ever try to weight the Rc before mod and after mod? At least we know how many kilos the Rc losing some weight...

My RC51:Endurance race fairing,Hyper Pro 3D Rear Shock & Front Linear Spring,Hyper Pro Height Raiser Kit,Gp Pro Gear Indicator,Brembo RCS Master Pump,Turn1 Kevlar Airbox & CF Intake,520 Chain 15/44,Power Race Tyre,Rumble Undertray,Flapper Valve,Pair Removal Mod,Rockwall Clipon,HRC 1/6 Fast Trottle,EBC HH Brake Pad, Scorpion SS Slipon Race Can,Harris Rear Set, Carbon Stator & Clutch CF Cover, Samco Rad Hose,JE Piston...more to come...:twocents :twocents :twocents
post #66 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 12:51 AM

If Honda Rsw tail could fit in and i think it will looks great..

post #67 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty max View Post
Have u ever try to weight the Rc before mod and after mod? At least we know how many kilos the Rc losing some weight...
I have not weighed it yet, will do soon but I am certain it is one of the lightest in the world if not the lightest only maybe thorstens was less. It started as oem so I know that weight . I am also trying to improve thinks like suspension, tire clearance, and braking

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #68 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 05:09 PM
TOP GUN Instructor

Location: Where I >Try to LIVE< Always within the Moment of Thanksgiving to Christ Jesus, My Lord Saviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
Home the fun begins lots of work still to do

OMG she's AWESOME Mark! Friggin' Awesome!

WHOLEY CRAP! She does Looks TINY though, is it as small as it looks in this picture,(reply #46) or is it the paint job making her look so small to me!?

Can't wait to see Her done Mark, More pictures man & Video(s) eh!

Peace Jeff
post #69 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Thank you Jeff.

It is actually smaller then the pictures believe it or not. I have done tons to remove weight while improving every aspect of the bike as well. The motor is about as wsbk spec as can be without making it a rebuild often bike

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #70 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Ok far as I can see 467 is the oem wet weight.

Tossed mine on the digital bathroom front and rear trying to balance the bike

203 front
171 rear

374 makes a pretty good savings so far.

Oh mine is with more oil due to having a hrc deep sump and damn near a full
Tank of gas too. I am hoping I can trim it down some more once I get my mini rear caliper on and maybe some more little things

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r

Last edited by mrgrn; 06-13-2013 at 11:19 PM.
post #71 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 01:43 AM

Nice numbers

99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
post #72 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 02:59 PM
TOP GUN Instructor

Location: Where I >Try to LIVE< Always within the Moment of Thanksgiving to Christ Jesus, My Lord Saviour!
Thumbs up 54.2% Weight on the Front Wheel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikstr View Post
Nice numbers
Yeah, NO Kidding Eh!

You've got her Very Light, and not only that, You've got a 54.2% Front wheel weight bias!

Post some more pictures Mark!
post #73 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-15-2013, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Thanks Mav!

My attachments are full lol and I have not done any of the hosting sites yet too busy but I have hundreds of build pics.

I think I have the lightest rc30 ever built or at least so far the lightest I can find. I am sure I have a few pounds left surely 5-10 but not a lot to be had after that. My initial goal was 350 full of fuel but realistically 360 seems doable with work and honestly will be a giant achievement so no let down here.

I would like a light weight battery next though and to swap the rear caliper that will be the last decent chunk, several pounds for certain. I am going to TRY this winter to make my own carbon bodywork based off thorstens. His is ultra light, but ultra brittle and I can make mine much nicer but it will gain a couple of pounds. I want to use his frontal air scoop but move the headlight from inside the scoop to a small endurance deal and redo the scoops. Also am going to make the upper and windscreen one part not two as you can't get behind the screen anyhow now. I am going to leave the tail alone but source a different tail light, hopefully a oval LED one. I will contour out some billet and drill it and send it out to have LEDs installed I think.

I have to buy tires, they sat for so long they have cracks in them and they were brand new.

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #74 of 78 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Ok got around to some mods today for a hour.

Down to 371-ish. Dropped 3+ LBS with the swap of my billet rear brake hanger and mini ISR 2 pot, lightweight rear rotor and some bolt changes!

Battery and aluminum brackets (will replace with carbon) are next on the list and I am hoping I can trim another 3-5 LBS.

Some stuff like the rear axle nut and rear wheel nut are heavy but impossible to find in TI I will have to make some but no time so it will have to wait. I have a fancy to chisel out a sprocket carrier for a polished look just not sure it saves any weight,might have to look at Ducati versions.

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #75 of 78 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 02:43 AM

very cool project!!!!!

99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
post #76 of 78 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikstr View Post
very cool project!!!!!
Thanks again Mike!

I know this place gets enough V4 banter i am glad this place is left alone enough to post cool V4 stuff.

I will work on some more goodies and i have some RC30 parts for sale if you know anybody

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #77 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 03:17 PM

This bike is incredible!! we are REALLY gonna need a video of this thing running.

2012 RSV4 Factory, 2005 CBR1000RR(traded
) 2006 CR250R, 2000 XR200R, 1980 CB450 Cafe, 1980 CB650 Bobber.
post #78 of 78 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedrag05 View Post
This bike is incredible!! we are REALLY gonna need a video of this thing running.
I have one it is just tough to capture the sound on a phone that you get when it is right next to you rattlin your teeth LOL

Thanks for the kind words

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode