Advertisement

post #42 of 78 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Leather View Post
Don't assume the worst, I meant sad and lonely

right on, now you know how i feel

can't wait to get her back

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #43 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 04:23 AM

Saw your bike over at JG's a few months ago. I like it. It looks good and honestly if your going to ride it, might as well improve on it. RC30's are beauties stock but the real jewel is in that frame and the V4.

post #44 of 78 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

getting close just need some decals installed and then on the way too me finally.

Have some plans to finish the swingarm in the fall but some riding is in order

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r

Last edited by mrgrn; 06-02-2013 at 06:50 PM.
post #45 of 78 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

one more pic

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r

Last edited by mrgrn; 06-02-2013 at 06:51 PM.
post #46 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Home the fun begins lots of work still to do

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r

Last edited by mrgrn; 07-07-2014 at 06:17 PM.
post #47 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 12:49 AM

Garage
Even though I think you're a turd burglar, I gotta admit that I think this is a very cool build.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #48 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 03:48 AM
Gold Sponsor

Whats up with that ****in HRC cover on the engine green?

THERMAE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post

i am a assshole and really it all boils down to that.

post #49 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

couple more random pics

still have a few more items to work on includung some new rear clear LED signals and a mini set of front LED sigs so i can get a sticker on it. I am going to work a bit more on the plate holder as it is shwoing its age and i will make a copy of it in twill weave and try to trim it down some and make it sleeker. I have made a HRC endurance RC51 front fender for it as well as a new carbon hugger, frame covers, swingarm guard and am on the fence on painting them vs leaving them carbon
Attached Images

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r

Last edited by mrgrn; 06-02-2013 at 06:52 PM.
post #50 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Still working on my thumb brake set up as well as some brackets and stuff to be made. I have delring sliders to install but the aluminum brakets made are in the way to i have to punt and sort that out as well as get a fan somehow in the rads as the thjorsten carbon air tubes are in the OEM fans way and he used a electrical water pump which i have but is not installed as well as a cool one off oil cooler i also have not installed Just got the bike back and am too eager on tearing it apart again when the new motor build is not even broken in yet.

I did get to drive it down the road the other day and there are not words to describe the sound, sick, unhealthy, wild, crazy gutteral are just a few. The gear rattle and whine is nasty(good) and the sound from the flatslides is cool you can just hear the air suck in literally and then wind on the gas in gear and it roars.

Just snowed again so no chance to cheat it out again but i am almost done with what i need for a sticker at least.

small list of items i am looking for in case somebody has some of what i need.

1. small mini overflow bottle
2. small thin pull fan
3. RC51 kickstand
4. left side signal pod could be CBR's too

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #51 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Still working on my thumb brake set up as well as some brackets and stuff to be made. I have delring sliders to install but the aluminum brakets made are in the way to i have to punt and sort that out as well as get a fan somehow in the rads as the thjorsten carbon air tubes are in the OEM fans way and he used a electrical water pump which i have but is not installed as well as a cool one off oil cooler i also have not installed Just got the bike back and am too eager on tearing it apart again when the new motor build is not even broken in yet.

I did get to drive it down the road the other day and there are not words to describe the sound, sick, unhealthy, wild, crazy gutteral are just a few. The gear rattle and whine is nasty(good) and the sound from the flatslides is cool you can just hear the air suck in literally and then wind on the gas in gear and it roars.

Just snowed again so no chance to cheat it out again but i am almost done with what i need for a sticker at least.

small list of items i am looking for in case somebody has some of what i need.

1. small mini overflow bottle
2. small thin pull fan
3. RC51 kickstand
4. left side signal pod could be CBR's too
I have a modified 955 Daytona side stand on mine. 1.25" longer than stock and aluminum. You just have to move the spring hook. Let me know what you d for the overflow bottle, I have 2 bikes that need something.

Thanks,
Jay Goddard
1990 RC30, 1990 Hawk GT
1994 E900, 2007 CBR600RR
1998 Moriwaki SuperHawk
post #52 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
sick, unhealthy, wild, crazy gutteral are just a few

Sounds like you green!!!

THERMAE
Quote:

i am a assshole and really it all boils down to that.

post #53 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Leather View Post
I have a modified 955 Daytona side stand on mine. 1.25" longer than stock and aluminum. You just have to move the spring hook. Let me know what you d for the overflow bottle, I have 2 bikes that need something.
will do Jay

I have a Ti/OE< hybrid on there now but i am going to do some all ti RC51 stands as well as R1's and would like to see how much different the 30's is vs the 51 so maybe i can toss one on it too

on the overflow bottle i am just unsure at this point how many ounces i need or can get away with i don't have much room

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #54 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Jay, know anybody looking for a carbon thorsten air box? i happen to have two and one set of carbon air ram scoops too. I think i have a OEM carb box and a flatslide airbox as well as a bunch of other goodies

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #55 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-28-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Home the fun begins lots of work still to do
bike looks great!!!! (sorry, am late to the party, lol)

99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
post #56 of 78 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Thank you!

You know nobody will like you now because you said something nice lol

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #57 of 78 (permalink) Old 05-08-2013, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Small update

Got the front fender made, rear hugger done as well as frame guards and swinarm cover. I did plain weave and made a endurance front RC51 HRC style front fender considering i have 51 forks and a front wheel, seemed right.

I made the one off license plate holder too, just have to mount it under the tail and add the metal plate bracket and signals

had to make back tab brackets for the fender and i have to add some tape to the plate deal on the top so it has a scratch buffer when i tighten it down to the tail section
Attached Images

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r

Last edited by mrgrn; 07-05-2014 at 04:40 PM.
post #58 of 78 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 04:24 PM

I hope that when you are "done" you take this bike out with a good camera and a real photographer and get some detail shots and quality video. I'd love to see/hear it running.
Very cool build.

03 Aprilia RSV Mille
post #59 of 78 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericf1 View Post
I hope that when you are "done" you take this bike out with a good camera and a real photographer and get some detail shots and quality video. I'd love to see/hear it running.
Very cool build.
The sound it awesome! I can hear the flat sides suck in air and them cams driven gears, wow! Got a lot done this weekend so for now much else to do so hope to make louden this year

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #60 of 78 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothmans View Post
Whats up with that ****in HRC cover on the engine green?
I can't believe I'm saying this but in his defense it's a legit Thorston cast cover using his brand modeled after the HRC logo.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode