How to post pictures on a message board guide! - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums
Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums  

Go Back   Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums > Archive > secret ancient box > TESTING FORUM - Try new features here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2005, 12:44 AM

Default How to post pictures on a message board guide! {Updated 7-15-05}

Step one- go here---> http://www.imageshack.ws/

Step two- hit the "browse" button, and look for the picture, after you find it, click on it and hit "open", then click the "host it" button

You're halfway there...

Step three-Now you will see a small version of your picture on the screen, you are going to want to click on that, and it will bring you to the full size picture!

You are so close now, stay with me

Step four-Now all you have to do is "right click" on the full size picture, go to "properties" and after you click on properties, highlight the web address by holding the left mouse button down and dragging across the address "as shown".

Now right click on the highlighted web address and click "copy"

So close, you are...

Step five-Now you want to go to the message board and right click on the text screen, and click "paste"

Step six-Now you have a link to your picture, but in order for the picture to pop up automatically without clicking on the link, you have to put image tags on it...

So it will look like this.
[img] http://img176.exs.cx/img176/95...f.jpg [/img]

Now here it is without spaces.

It's simple, and fun.

Modified by cutter at 2:11 AM 4/12/2005

Modified by cutter at 9:15 PM 7/16/2005
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: How to post pictures on a message board guide! (cutter)

I posted this in another thread, but thought I'd post it here as well.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bucko &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I see quite often we get a Newbie asking how to post pictures etc. etc. Seeing as how I went to all the trouble of tying this up for another forum I thought I might as well share it here too.
So here is the how to for everyone to know how.

<FONT SIZE="4">Please note. In all examples I will be using the ( and ) brackets instead of the [ and ] brackets so I can fool the computer.</FONT>

<FONT SIZE="4"><u>Pictures</u></FONT>

To put pictures on the forum they must either be on another website that allows linking or you must host them on an image hosting website.
I use <FONT COLOR="blue">Imageshack</FONT> as it is simple to put pictures on and then post them here.

To post the pictures once you have them hosted, you must use the IMG tags. The way to do this is to cut and paste the pictures URL and have it in the IMG tags.

eg. (img)www.thehostingsite.com/thepicture.jpg(/img)

You'll notice that the first tag has just img in it but the end one has /img. You'll need them in that order.
If you are stealing the picture from another site, right click on the picture, select properties and then copy the address (url) and put it in between the IMG tags.
It is best to use the preview button before you hit the submit button just to make sure the picture will work.

<FONT SIZE="4"><u>Website URL's</u></FONT>

There is two ways to put a link onto the forum, depending on how you want to display it. If you want all of the address to be shown then use the example below.

eg. (url)www.twowheels.com.au/forums/index.php(/url)

However that can look rather ugly and if the link is really long, it will take up too much space after you post. So the other way to do it allows you to call the link whatever you want.

eg. (url=www.twowheels.com.au/forums/index.php)Bikes(/url)
which will show up in your post as <FONT COLOR="blue">Bikes</FONT>. It will not be blue however I have added the color to make it easier to see which I'll get to later. By doing the links this way it looks neater in your posts.

<FONT SIZE="4"><u>Italics, underlines and bold font</u></FONT>

To add these to your post use the B, i and <u>u</u> buttons at the top left. The way these work is much the same as the other tags.

eg. (b)I want this bold(/b) and it will look like I want this bold
(i)I want this in Italics(/i) and it will look like I want this in Italics
(u)I want this underlined(/u) and it will look like <u>I want this underlined</u>

Whichever words you want done in any of these formats must be between the tags.

<FONT SIZE="4"><u>Colours and Sizes</u></FONT>

To change the colour or size of your text again it must be between the tags. Note: colour is spelled color for this forum.
eg. (color=blue)Blue words(/color) will look like <FONT COLOR="blue">Blue words</FONT>
(size=0)small words(/size) will look like <FONT SIZE="0">small words</FONT>

<FONT SIZE="4"><u>Combining features</u></FONT>

By putting multiple tags together you can combine the features.
I have done this with all the headings. The one above looks like this:

(size=4 )(b)(u)Combining features(/b)(/u)(/size).

The same can be done for URL's

(url=www.twowheels.com.au/forums/index.php)(size=6 )(color=red)(b)(I)(u)Bikes(/size)(/color)(/b)(/i)(/u)(/url)

This will come out like <FONT SIZE="6"><FONT COLOR="red"><u>Bikes</FONT></FONT></u> which uses bold, italics, underlining, a different colour and size

Or an image can be used as the link button:

(url=www.twowheels.com.au/forums/index.php)(img)http://69.93.183.37/1778/164/emo/cbr.gif(/img)(/url)

That will come out like this: So you click on the bike to go to the Forum index.

Hope this helps anyone who didn't know.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-30-2005, 09:00 PM

Default Re: How to post pictures on a message board guide! (Bucko)

Bump for newbies great thread
Old 06-13-2005, 04:52 AM

Default Re: How to post pictures on a message board guide! (Monstaman)

i just found out the hard way !! you have to use IE browser and not any thing
else ! My sbc dsl browser won't let me up load pics from any where ..
so there's a little tip for every one
Old 07-16-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Advanced course!

Here is how you make thumbnails pictures, avatars and how to link it to big pictures!

First you take your big picture and make a smaller one{thumnail size is usually around 80x80-100x100}***80x80 is the max size for a avatar for this message board-+-

Use any sort of picture editor {Adobe Photoshop, Elements, or the most common MS paint}

If you use Microsoft Windows, you have MS paint!
It is located
*-START- bottom left hand corner of your screen
*-PROGRAMS-
*-ACCESSORIES-
*-PAINT-

MS Paint is kinda goofy to resize a picture with, here is how you do it!

-Open the Paint program up
-The top left of the program window will say "file"- click it
-Now you will see "open"- click it
-Browse for the picture you want to make smaller for a avatar or a thumbnail picture and open it! ***Note, you have to have the picture saved on your computer before you can open it!***

Almost done, stay with me...

Next to the "file" button on the top left corner of the Paint program is a "image" Button- Click it
Go down to "strech/skew"- click it

Now it will have "stretch" on the top part, and "skew" on the bottom part.

You will want to only use the top "stretch" part!

Now it is trial and error time, it goes off of % of the size of the picture, instead of the actual size it is making it...

So if your picture is 800x600, you will want to go 10% vertical, 10% horizontal to get a 80X60 image ***Note*** The vertical or horizontal cannot exceed 80X80 on a avatar, so a 800X600 picture will be a maxium of 80X60 size after it is made smaller.

Unless you want to play around with the horizontal to fatten the image to use up all the space allowed...

Now click the file button on the top left of the Paint program-
Click "save as" and put in a folder that you will remember where it is at!
__________________________________________________ ___________________
Now host the Avatar/Thumbnail picture to imageshack.us

Now if you are making thumbnails to link to bigger pictures, you need to host the thumbnail and the main picture and type it up like so.
Example one-

http://img25.imageshack.us/img...r.jpg ][img] http://img25.imageshack.us/img...w.jpg [/img][/url]

the big picture is the first link, and the thumbnail is the second link!

Now without the spaces!

Voila~

Modified by cutter at 1:30 AM 7/16/2005
Old 07-22-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Re: How to post pictures on a message board guide! (Bucko)

test

Modified by Gryphon at 3:08 PM 7/22/2005
Old 08-08-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Re: How to post pictures on a message board guide! {Updated 7-15-05} (cutter)

Got any extra hints? I get to the link, put upt the [IMG][/IMG], get rid of the spaces and get a red x. I'm not on image shack, I'm on insane speed. I've fooled around with a bunch of brackets, and cutting and pasting but I can't get that last hurdle.

Seems to be a problem with 2 providers not speaking to each other. I had no problems posting with image shack.

Modified by Just Riding Along at 11:07 PM 8/8/2005
Old 08-10-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Re: How to post pictures on a message board guide! {Updated 7-15-05} (Just Riding Along)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Just Riding Along &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm not on image shack, I'm on insane speed.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You need to upload your image to Image Shack, then post the code to show the image here.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:56 AM

Default Re: How to post pictures on a message board guide! {Updated 7-15-05} (Dave)

Got it, thanks.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:50 PM

Bump...............
Old 12-04-2005, 10:14 PM
Juvenile Old Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Monstaman

Bump again, few more newbs asking!
Old 12-18-2005, 10:10 PM

Bump, I wonder if Dave is ever going to sticky this thread?
Old 01-26-2006, 11:15 AM

bump-bump-bump
Old 03-24-2006, 12:08 PM
Naturally Exasperated

Thank You !!!
Old 04-13-2006, 07:32 PM

Wow, that original post of mine (now labelled as by a guest) has been hacked up a little...
Anyway, here is my tutorial for imageshack. Similar to the other one, but slightly different.

I've seen quite a few people aren't sure of how to post pictures on the forum or how to use imageshack to host them, so here's a little tutorial to help out those who don't know.
First off, go to www.imageshack.us and the first screen you come to should look like this:

STEP 1 Click on the browse button. This will take you into your My Pictures folder on your PC. Find your way around and select the picture you want to host.
STEP 2 If you don't know how to resize pics on your PC, use this (optional) function. Tick the box and then select the size you want your large picture resized too. Choose the 640x480 as it is a large enough size for people to see the picture and detail, without slowing down dial-up users too much. Also it means not having to scroll the screen side to side when a large image is posted.
STEP 3 Click the Host it! button.
That will take you to the next screen after the picture is up loaded.'
It should look like this if your picture is bigger than about 200x200 pixels.

If you did host a larger picture because detail would have been lost if you shrunk it, don't worry, use the Thumbnail for forum (1) that is circled in green. Copy the whole URL that is there and when you post on the forum it will come up as a thumnail image like the one circled in green. It shows the size of the image and when you click on the thumbnail in the post on the forum, it will open a new page with the full size image.
If the picture is under about 600x600 pixels, just use the Hotlink for forums (1) circled in blue and copy the whole URL and paste it into your post.
While you can register on imageshack to keep track of all; your pictures, I found it didn't like remembering me when I went back, so I didn't worry too much.
If I want to put a picture up again that I have already posted, it's normally easier to just go back to imageshack and rehost it again.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:53 PM

Here is an unmolested version of what is on the first page. I hope this makes sence to you all.

Please note. In all examples I will be using the ( and ) brackets instead of the [ and ] brackets so I can fool the computer.

Pictures

To put pictures on the forum they must either be on another website that allows linking or you must host them on an image hosting website.
I use Imageshack as it is simple to put pictures on and then post them here.

To post the pictures once you have them hosted, you must use the IMG tags. The way to do this is to cut and paste the pictures URL and have it in the IMG tags.

eg. (img)www.thehostingsite.com/thepicture.jpg(/img)

You'll notice that the first tag has just img in it but the end one has /img. You'll need them in that order. The Img button at the top of the post a message page is second from the right. Press it once for (img) and again for (/img).
If you are stealing the picture from another site, right click on the picture, select properties and then copy the address (url) and put it in between the IMG tags.
It is best to use the preview button before you hit the submit button just to make sure the picture will work.

Website URL's

There is two ways to put a link onto the forum, depending on how you want to display it. If you want all of the address to be shown then use the example below.

eg. (url)www.twowheels.com.au/forums/index.php(/url)

However that can look rather ugly and if the link is really long, it will take up too much space after you post. So the other way to do it allows you to call the link whatever you want.

eg. (url=www.twowheels.com.au/forums/index.php)Bikes(/url)
which will show up in your post as Bikes. It will not be blue however I have added the color to make it easier to see which I'll get to later. By doing the links this way it looks neater in your posts.

Italics, underlines and bold font

To add these to your post use the B, i and u buttons at the top left. The way these work is much the same as the other tags.

eg. (b)I want this bold(/b) and it will look like I want this bold
(i)I want this in Italics(/i) and it will look like I want this in Italics
(u)I want this underlined(/u) and it will look like I want this underlined

Whichever words you want done in any of these formats must be between the tags.

Colours and Sizes

To change the colour or size of your text again it must be between the tags. Note: colour is spelled color for this forum.
eg. (color=blue)Blue words(/color) will look like Blue words
(size=1)small words(/size) will look like small words

Combining features

By putting multiple tags together you can combine the features.
I have done this with all the headings. The one above looks like this:

(size=3)(b)(u)Combining features(/b)(/u)(/size).

The same can be done for URL's

(url=www.twowheels.com.au/forums/index.php)(size=3)(color=red)(b)(I)(u)Bikes(/size)(/color)(/b)(/i)(/u)(/url)

This will come out likeBikes which uses bold, italics, underlining, a different colour and size

Or an image can be used as the link button:

(url=www.twowheels.com.au/forums/index.php)(img)http://69.93.183.37/1778/164/emo/cbr.gif(/img)(/url)

That will come out like this: So you click on the bike to go to the Forum index.

With any of the text features mentioned, you can change your stuff easily by just highlighting the text and clicking the appropriate button at the top of your posting screen.
i.e: The button for bold.
The for italics
The for underlining.
or using the button to change a body of text's color.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:04 PM
VTR SP-2 2004

My pictures won't appear, the only thing that comes up is the url.
I use the [img] [/img] codes.
Is it because the link doesn't have an extension at the end?

example:
Old 05-24-2006, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacsje
My pictures won't appear, the only thing that comes up is the url.
I use the [img] [/img] codes.
Is it because the link doesn't have an extension at the end?

example:
http://www.mijnalbum.nl/index.php?m=...4&key=YF7JSZP4
That site doesn't allow hyperlinking, use www.imageshack.us only.

Voila!
Old 06-20-2006, 03:19 AM
Hooligan Industries

Old 07-05-2006, 07:46 PM

testing
Advertisement