03 GSXR 750 Problem. Need insight - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 02:49 AM Thread Starter

03 GSXR 750 Problem. Need insight

What's up guys. I'm posting this hoping that someone can offer some kind of advice or hint at what's going on with my bike.

As I said before I have an 03 GSXR 750. Here is the problem as best I can explain it.

I'm having an issue with my bike starting under non-running temperatures. The bike will not start electrically when it is cold (under about 120 degrees). If it is under those temperatures I can get it started with a bump start down a small hill, give it enough throttle to warm it up and then no problems. The only side effect that I can tell of is it's running noticeably rich. I can easily smell it when the bike is stationary.

I recently took it to a dealership to see if they could tell me what was going on but it turns out that it was going to cost me far too much for them to really dig into what they believed was a VALVE problem.

Does anyone know what might explain symptoms like this? If I need to give anymore information I will. I'd really like to at least narrow down what would be doing this to my bike and if there might be a fix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 12:10 AM

same issues on my 2001 gsxr 750

bro can you give me a call at 619 886-3864? i live her in WA as awell and got my bike a few months ago and am having very similiar issues. Seems we should talk..thanks bro.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 01:21 AM

Valve problem it can be. Valve do expand in certain temp. So it means it could be leaking but as it expands it seals a bit the damaged part. That is also why you are running rich.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode