'06 SM610S First Impression - Page 46 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #901 of 915 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 04:42 AM
SuperMotard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukepilot View Post
Installed some black Behr rims (5" rear) with Factory Pro Billet Hubs and Moto Master brake rotors...
Also a Flo Commander remote for on-the-fly jetting adjustment!
How can we possibly keep up with you Peter
Man, it looks awesome, as usual, great job

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
>> visit our

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 915 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 06:05 PM

Dukepilot, are those crash protectors attached to the back of the swingarm or stand spools, and where can I buy them?

The Rhino stand you recommended works great. Thanks.
post #903 of 915 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 08:51 PM

They're crash protector/sliders mounted on the axle blocks. I suppose you could use them to lift the bike too. I got them from Supermoto Engineering – Sportbike and Supermoto Kits, Grips and Parts

07 Ducati HM-S
06 HVA SM610
04 HVA SM450R w/Rekluse
04 HVA TE250 w/Reluse
04 HVA CR125
05 Buell XB9SX
03 Honda CRF170R

post #904 of 915 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 06:42 PM

Looks good D/P, I haven't seen you around in a while....May I ask why you decided to go with spoked wheels again....The price I was quoted on some alloys with F&R rotors & rear speocket was reasonable.

Explain the flo commander in a little more detail please....Thanks, The Weaz

2006 Husqvarna SM610
2007 KTM XC-W 400
2001 Honda GL 1800
1980 Yamaha SR 500
1972 Kawasaki G4TR "Trail Boss"
post #905 of 915 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMotoWeazal View Post
Looks good D/P, I haven't seen you around in a while....May I ask why you decided to go with spoked wheels again....The price I was quoted on some alloys with F&R rotors & rear speocket was reasonable.

Explain the flo commander in a little more detail please....Thanks, The Weaz
Hi Weaz! I've been lurking and playing with the new Hypermotard S... badass bike!

I got a decent deal on the new wheels... plus I like spokes. The forged alloys are nice too but were a little more dinero. The flo commander is a 63mm velocity stack with anti-heat coating. It increases/smooths air flow into the carb but more importantly, isolates the slow and main air circuits from the air going into the carb. It has screw type adjustment for fine tuning these air circuits, which has the same effect of adjusting the pilot/slow and main fuel jets. I also have the remote main air adjustment that allows fine tuning on the fly. My 610 runs best when dialed to the current temp conditions. Changes in weather seems to affect how it runs. More info at Flow Commander 2000

07 Ducati HM-S
06 HVA SM610
04 HVA SM450R w/Rekluse
04 HVA TE250 w/Reluse
04 HVA CR125
05 Buell XB9SX
03 Honda CRF170R
post #906 of 915 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 10:21 PM

Thanks, I must have had a brain fart....I have the Flow Commander, I got the idea from you. But I had not seen the remote tuning adjustment....Looks like a long cable that obviously connects to the adjustment on the velo stack. Does it work well???

Hypermotard huh? I've been studying the big KaTooMs, not sure if I want to go to a multi-cylinder dirt bike yet or just buy another sport-bike. The Duc sure looks sweet....I know you are enjoying it.

2006 Husqvarna SM610
2007 KTM XC-W 400
2001 Honda GL 1800
1980 Yamaha SR 500
1972 Kawasaki G4TR "Trail Boss"
post #907 of 915 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMotoWeazal View Post
Thanks, I must have had a brain fart....I have the Flow Commander, I got the idea from you. But I had not seen the remote tuning adjustment....Looks like a long cable that obviously connects to the adjustment on the velo stack. Does it work well???

Hypermotard huh? I've been studying the big KaTooMs, not sure if I want to go to a multi-cylinder dirt bike yet or just buy another sport-bike. The Duc sure looks sweet....I know you are enjoying it.

The remote works well and is convenient since without it, you must remove the airbox to get to the main air adjustment screw. I can turn the knob while I'm riding to fine tune the carb. Can't beat that!

07 Ducati HM-S
06 HVA SM610
04 HVA SM450R w/Rekluse
04 HVA TE250 w/Reluse
04 HVA CR125
05 Buell XB9SX
03 Honda CRF170R
post #908 of 915 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 05:34 AM

Figured I'd chime in.

I picked up my Husky about 3 months ago and have put about 1k (2300 total) miles on it. I've adjusted the valves (twice, cause the first time I did it wrong), flushed coolant, done all the oil changes and got it up to date on its service. PS, if you need a how-to on valve adjustments, I made a post and it can be found here.

Why I'm posting:

I have a Leo Vince full TI exhaust and the stock jetting, to my surprise the plug shows as a nice tan color and I have no popping at anytime, even during decel. As a result, I won't be rejetting it. Top speeds slightly over 100 (though 90-100 is slow) and wheelies for days. Just for information...

post #909 of 915 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 09:59 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarius View Post
Figured I'd chime in.

PS, if you need a how-to on valve adjustments, I made a post and it can be found here.

wheelies for days. Just for information...

Very nice write up on the valve adjust......thanks for informing fellow riders.... well done.....
post #910 of 915 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 02:20 AM

Thought it worth adding to this thread.

4300-4800rpm stutter completely cured and decel pop almost comletely cured by the iridium plug.

Not sure if that's simply because it's a nice new, clean plug, or the fact that it's a different spec. Will see further down the track, I guess.

I bought this bike with 2000km on it. I put 1000km on it before changing the muffler, and another 2000km since. At 5000 km the original plug showed the bike to be running slightly rich.

The iridium plug and Barrett end can are the only engine mods I've made. Jetting and air filter are stock, and fuel screw is in stock position.

Power wheelies in second will flip the bike if I really try. Powers up with a little bump or throttle chop in third, or clutches up fairly easily.
post #911 of 915 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 01:23 AM

Cool

I dont know about the rest of you but i am Still Loving This Bike!!!!!

Heat shield busted so i took off the pipe and cut off the brackets then heat wrapped the pipe looks badd azz.
I also put Pilot Powers on and love those tires.

This Bike Is The Best Bang For The Buck !!!!!!

Attached Images

If You Cant Run With The BIGG DOGGS STAY ON THE PORCH!!!!!!
:
post #912 of 915 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 03:08 AM

Well it's been so long since I've posted I might as well add to this thread.

Petcock packed it in, along comes Acerbis.

post #913 of 915 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 04:36 PM

Iridium plug gap?

I have read that you shouldn't try to change the gap on these plugs (NGK CR8EIX), but I was clumsy enough to drop it and unlucky enough that it landed on the electrode end, and I'm not going to throw it away. So, does anyone know what the gap is supposed to be? I'm fairly certain its larger than what the manual specifies for the OEM plug.

Thanks,
Robert
post #914 of 915 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 04:40 PM

Question

Hi I have a 2001 610:

The engine is identical to the 2006 610. Does anyone know of any basic uncorking mods for it? I have been on cafehusky.com but they seem to think there isn't much potential for power increase, which I find strange for a big bore single.

I am only looking for cheap in expensive mods like removing exhaust baffles, drilling the airbox and adjusting the clip on the needle.
post #915 of 915 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 12:52 PM

Anyone!? I have read all 46 god damn pages of this thread waiting to post and now I've finally completed it no one replies!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode