'06 SM610S First Impression - Page 2 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 915 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 02:26 AM

Leo Vince has both a slip on and a full system. The full system is just over $900. Puts out 98db/102db. A few will be available in a couple of weeks. I've got one coming.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 915 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Another 610 owner, cool!

You'll have to give us the scoop on the full system.

Only 98db? That's got to be close to the stocker.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 915 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 02:50 AM

The stocker is around 98db. To me it feels corked up over 6k rpm but it could be that the engine is still a little tight after 500 miles on the bike. Probably going to have to play around with the jetting with the full system. I've got a JD kit for the 450/510 around here somewhere so I'll have some needles/jets to play with too. I'll post updates here as I get to it.

post #24 of 915 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 04:10 AM
Canis Lupus

If you would kindly direct me to where I could get my hands on one of the all ti full systems shown in the above photo, I would greatly appreciate it, and would order tomorrow.
post #25 of 915 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 04:14 AM

Contact Dan at Motoxotica, www.motoxotica.com 707 446-4282 (Vacaville, CA). He might be able to score one for you. He is planning on stocking the slip-on. He is also an excellent source of parts for Husqvarna, VOR, TM and Husabergs.
post #26 of 915 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic
How many SM610s in Italy?

I think I saw that there are only 28 in the USA.
Well, I don't know the exact numbers,but they are becoming very popular, so I'll say more than 28 for sure.....may be about 100 so far.
Just in my Italian forum there are about 10-15.....and the baby is farely new here too.
post #27 of 915 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Dukepilot, have you removed the emisssions junk yet?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #28 of 915 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 04:30 PM

This is for the old 610, it looks like it might work.

post #29 of 915 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 05:12 PM

It won't fit, the old 610 exhausts are the same as 570. I tested my brothers 570 akro. No succes
post #30 of 915 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bheremans
It won't fit, the old 610 exhausts are the same as 570. I tested my brothers 570 akro. No succes

Hmmm.....that sucks.

I'm sure there will be plenty of options soon.
post #31 of 915 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 07:02 PM

Well, I just saw Dave's new Husky last night, and I have to say I'm impressed! It looks much nicer in person, especially the exhaust and heat shield, than it did in early pre-production photos.

Compared to my '04 625 SMC, he's got some cool features: a tachometer, fuel light, passenger pegs, and a helmet lock! I'm jealous!

Now I have to ride it (hint, hint) to see how it feels on the road versus the KTM!
post #32 of 915 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Dukepilot, have you removed the emisssions junk yet?
Yup, it's history. Pretty easy to do.
  1. Disconnect the carb vent lines/fuel lines and remove the tank and the headlight unit.
  2. Take a look at what goes where... where the hoses go.
  3. Remove the manifold that is zip tied by the ignition switch
  4. Remove the small cannister attached to the lower triple
  5. Disconnect the hoses that connect to the pink carb vent lines and reroute the vent hoses
  6. Disconnect the hose from the nipple on the intake side of the head, near the carb boot and plug it up with an automotive vacuum plug
  7. Remove the large cannister and attached hoses.
  8. Install one of those little aluminum no spill fuel vent fittings to the top fuel vent nipple on the tank.
  9. Reinstall the tank and headlight and you're good to go. Don't forget to plug the nipple on the side of the head. It is a vacuum line and will suck air otherwise.
I routed the top carb vent lines to a location under the seat and used one of the left over T fittings to connect the lower carb vent hoses (not the carb bowl drain line) and installed a filter and one way valve to keep shit out of the carb. Also rerouted the crankcase vent from the airbox, plugged the hole left in the airbox and capped of the vent hose with a K and N vent filter. Took about 30 minutes to do in total.

Last edited by dukepilot; 09-09-2005 at 02:02 AM.
post #33 of 915 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 03:14 AM
Canis Lupus

Thanks for that rundown, I printed it, I also got the order done with dan today on the pipe.
Now I just need to get that carb dialed.
post #34 of 915 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA
Thanks for that rundown, I printed it, I also got the order done with dan today on the pipe.
Now I just need to get that carb dialed.
Anyone else experience a "stumble" when trying to hold it steady at about 4300-4900 RPM?

post #35 of 915 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukepilot
Yup, it's history. Pretty easy to do.
  1. Disconnect the carb vent lines/fuel lines and remove the tank and the headlight unit.
  2. Take a look at what goes where... where the hoses go.
  3. Remove the manifold that is zip tied by the ignition switch
  4. Remove the small cannister attached to the lower triple
  5. Disconnect the hoses that connect to the pink carb vent lines and reroute the vent hoses
  6. Disconnect the hose from the nipple on the intake side of the head, near the carb boot and plug it up with an automotive vacuum plug
  7. Remove the large cannister and attached hoses.
  8. Install one of those little aluminum no spill fuel vent fittings to the top fuel vent nipple on the tank.
  9. Reinstall the tank and headlight and you're good to go. Don't forget to plug the nipple on the side of the head. It is a vacuum line and will suck air otherwise.
I routed the top carb vent lines to a location under the seat and used one of the left over T fittings to connect the lower carb vent hoses (not the carb bowl drain line) and installed a filter and one way valve to keep shit out of the carb. Also rerouted the crankcase vent from the airbox, plugged the hole left in the airbox and capped of the vent hose with a K and N vent filter. Took about 30 minutes to do in total.
Thanks dp, I was planning on taking on this project soon. Your advice will surely make it easier.

post #36 of 915 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 12:37 AM

Quote:
SM610S Emissions Plumbing
Pretty elaborate factory catch-can set-up, Dave.
post #37 of 915 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Landstrom
Pretty elaborate factory catch-can set-up, Dave.

Yep, just more junk for the parts box.

post #38 of 915 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Anyone else experience a "stumble" when trying to hold it steady at about 4300-4900 RPM?
You have to be kidding me? My 2000 did that. I thought that problem would be long gone.

If I rememeber correctly you will need to dial in the carb. If it is a pumper you can also make sure that circuit is on also.

I worked on it for a little while with mine, but then just learned to live with it. Too bad my stumble was right about 55mph in 6th gear.

The alternitave fix is to chuck the stocker carb and get a different one. Not much help out thier for Husky owners because they are few and far between. I like how that bike looks.
post #39 of 915 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikefrk
You have to be kidding me? My 2000 did that. I thought that problem would be long gone.

If I rememeber correctly you will need to dial in the carb. If it is a pumper you can also make sure that circuit is on also.

I worked on it for a little while with mine, but then just learned to live with it. Too bad my stumble was right about 55mph in 6th gear.

The alternitave fix is to chuck the stocker carb and get a different one. Not much help out thier for Husky owners because they are few and far between. I like how that bike looks.
I'm pretty sure that the '06 has a different carb than the '00. The '06 comes with a 41mm Keihin FCR. I'm hoping that it will be easily solved with some different jetting. I'm just such a moron when it comes to jetting.

post #40 of 915 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 07:31 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that the '06 has a different carb than the '00. The '06 comes with a 41mm Keihin FCR. I'm hoping that it will be easily solved with some different jetting. I'm just such a moron when it comes to jetting.
Dave you're not talking about the bog off of idle are you? If so, slap on a Boyesen Quickshot on. I slapped one on my FCR and it sorted my bog/stall problem off idle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode