Illegal gravel - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Member (Large)
 
b.miller123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kingston, WA
Posts: 2,533
b.miller123 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Panigaliscious
 
sburns2421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SW MO
Posts: 9,103
I'm pretty sure all that gravel is more than 18 years old. Therefore legal...

1985 Honda VF1000R, 1990 Ducati 851, 2008 YZ450F
sburns2421 is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Member
 
evo2k6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NoCal
Posts: 95
I think this "Gravel" person needs their panties changed out...

2002 RC51
2008 R6
2010 R1
evo2k6 is offline  
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Senior Member
 
rjjablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Shoreview MN
Posts: 1,453
Gravel

My Grandfather used to coat the alley with used engine oil and dirt/gravel. Common up here to have streets coated with oil and then a layer of granite chips. Until they sweep up the chips its pretty dicey.

I did not see the OP as it was deleted. It would be a fine gem based on the rest of the people flaming this kid.
rjjablo is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Senior Member
 
whitw wings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Posts: 4,805
July race weekend(?) there was a 8 mile stretch of "fresh oil and loose gravel" and yes, that is normal.

As long as it has the proper signs, its legal
whitw wings is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 09:04 PM
And Stateside again...
 
TLRSKUNK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hopkins, MN
Posts: 2,533
I read like 10 posts between the three links and realized the other 18 pages would be like wasting my time.
TLRSKUNK is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Senior Member
 
nomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,868
I fvcking hate seeing loose gravel where it shouldn't be , not b/c I'm concerned about wiping out , but b/c it can mess up your bike's paint or worse , puncture the oil filter . The rural area around my home is notorious for stoney surprises as you're enjoying a nice ride in the country , due to the many concrete companies and home builders around . It's such a hillbilly area that even the road shoulders are still gravel ; this is 1912 after all . Yet our property taxes are as high as the cities nearby .


THE LEGEND

Last edited by nomo; 09-11-2012 at 09:33 PM.
nomo is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Silverback
 
Tacheny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Denver
Posts: 307
Pics worth seeing for those who have better things to do than read that idiotic crap. I on the other hand have lots of free time!









This is just a few. And I thought Zilla was a tough crowd.

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Tacheny is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 10:10 PM
V4 CyclePath...
 
Busy Little Shop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sacramento Ca
Posts: 6,827
I confess Officers... I put that piece of illegal gravel under the pile of legal gravel...

Larry L
94 RC45 #2
90 RC30 #44 sold
Have a wheelie NICE day...
Lean & Mean it in every corner of your life...
If it wasn't for us the fast lane would rust...
V4'S are music to the seat of my pants...
1952 De Havilland Chipmunk...
Yank and bank your brains loose...
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/-xlax-/
http://home.comcast.net/~netters2/
http://www.fox302.com/index.pl?s=vg&user=netters2
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10503451@N07/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55532474@N00/?saved=1
Busy Little Shop is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 01:06 AM
Senior Member
 
sqd8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,178
Pussies.

Get out on an enduro bike a few times and you will be surprised how easily you can ride on gravel with road tires.

2006 BMW HP2
2015 Triumph Rocket III Roadster


Sour grapes are a lesser man's fruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Little Shop
The [fact] that the RC45 was a "relative failure" is what matters most...
__________________
sqd8r is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 02:27 AM
Senior Member
 
duckdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lumberton, Texas
Posts: 5,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacheny View Post
Pics worth seeing for those who have better things to do than read that idiotic crap. I on the other hand have lots of free time!









This is just a few. And I thought Zilla was a tough crowd.
great shit, dude!..

...dawg
duckdawg is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 01:30 PM
I'll fix it.
 
Dezmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: in the shop, fixing your bike.
Posts: 2,249
The foreman at the shop has been riding since the dawn of time. One day we were out enjoying some backroads and came up on some gravel that had been drug into the road. Myself and another rider checked up a bit to change our line and go around it, but the foreman plows straight thru it, getting his VFR sideways enough to impress a flat tracker.

at our Next stop I commented "you had a little moment on that gravel, Bob."
He just looked at me and said "well somebody's gotta get it off the road!"
Dezmo is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Member
 
evo2k6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NoCal
Posts: 95
Thumbs up

Now, that's awesome! lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezmo View Post
The foreman at the shop has been riding since the dawn of time. One day we were out enjoying some backroads and came up on some gravel that had been drug into the road. Myself and another rider checked up a bit to change our line and go around it, but the foreman plows straight thru it, getting his VFR sideways enough to impress a flat tracker.

at our Next stop I commented "you had a little moment on that gravel, Bob."
He just looked at me and said "well somebody's gotta get it off the road!"

2002 RC51
2008 R6
2010 R1
evo2k6 is offline  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Senior Member
 
cheekybloke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo View Post
I fvcking hate seeing loose gravel where it shouldn't be , not b/c I'm concerned about wiping out , but b/c it can mess up your bike's paint or worse , puncture the oil filter . The rural area around my home is notorious for stoney surprises as you're enjoying a nice ride in the country , due to the many concrete companies and home builders around . It's such a hillbilly area that even the road shoulders are still gravel ; this is 1912 after all . Yet our property taxes are as high as the cities nearby .
thats 2012

cheekybloke is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome