Catalunya MotoGP Spoiler - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Catalunya MotoGP Spoiler

Until the terribly sad passing of Luis Salom in FP2 yesterday (RIP), all signs were pointing to Jorge winning his third race in a row on Sunday. However, with the decision taken by the Safety Commission to run the race on the longer (and safer) F1 track layout, today's practice and qualifying sessions have clearly shown the revised layout to be much more Honda friendly and considerably less so for the Yamahas with Marquez taking his first ever Pole position and keeping himself predominantly at the pointy end for most of the extended Free Practice sessions earlier today.

I see MM as the favorite for tomorrow with Dani, Iannone and the Factory Yamahas fighting for the podium provided the latter two can successfully resolve the braking issues they're having on the circuit's revised layout. Vinales remains a dark horse consideration as well provided he finds a way to pull his finger out when is comes to his race starts. Maybe he should follow the ritualistic procedural example of what his future team mate and qualifying partner stands and does with the butt end his leathers just prior to every race.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 05:12 AM
He with the senior member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsess View Post
Until the terribly sad passing of Luis Salom in FP2 yesterday (RIP), all signs were pointing to Jorge winning his third race in a row on Sunday. However, with the decision taken by the Safety Commission to run the race on the longer (and safer) F1 track layout, today's practice and qualifying sessions have clearly shown the revised layout to be much more Honda friendly and considerably less so for the Yamahas with Marquez taking his first ever Pole position and keeping himself predominantly at the pointy end for most of the extended Free Practice sessions earlier today.

I see MM as the favorite for tomorrow with Dani, Iannone and the Factory Yamahas fighting for the podium provided the latter two can successfully resolve the braking issues they're having on the circuit's revised layout. Vinales remains a dark horse consideration as well provided he finds a way to pull his finger out when is comes to his race starts. Maybe he should follow the ritualistic procedural example of what his future team mate and qualifying partner stands and does with the butt end his leathers just prior to every race.
I'd be surprised if the young twat doesn't win it, because the Yamahas don't like the tires on this configuration, but I'm actually rooting for the Bot. Would like to see him win again.
And MM will fall off.

Old Baldy
Triumph Tiger 955i with decent suspension.
Ducati 996 with hot 999 motor
Kawasaki KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 03:05 PM

The old MASTER does it again! What a race! Breaking MM like that, causing MM to make a crucial mistake and winning comfortably at the end....and coming from a poor start and 8th place....amazing stuff from the old guy!

And for Rossi to reach over like that and shake MM's hand again shows why he's so loved by so many. A very cool gesture, which will hopefully start the process of easing the antagonism between them.

Yep, clearly a has-been.

and Iannone....torpedoing JL in yet ANOTHER incident. Well, what can you say? Luckily for JL, the impact was less than it could have been, seeing he was dropping back so quickly.

Old Baldy
Kawasaki KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 12:07 AM

stick a fork in him, he's done...

...dawg
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckdawg View Post
stick a fork in him, he's done...
Into MM already? Or was that for JL?

Old Baldy
Kawasaki KLR650

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 05:02 AM Thread Starter

Masterful performance again by Rossi. Scrappy but mature performance by MM who was outclassed by the Yamaha's performance. I have little doubt Marquez would have won today had the track temps not been so elevated as compared to Saturday which, as evidenced on several occasions so far this year, adversely impacts both the Honda's strengths (braking and handling through low speed turns) and weaknesses (acceleration, rear grip, front end stability under braking that degrades with each 2-3 degree increase in track temperature.

It was really good to see Rossi and Marquez shake hands in Parc Ferme and their warm exchange during the post race presser that brought a big applause.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 08:20 PM

Old man shows how it is done in a straight up battle, he must really love being back on Michelins! Iannone is turning into my favorite racer to watch... its more a matter of when he will do something than if!

Did anybody else notice a somewhat peculiar cornering style that Vinales has? Seemed like he come in really hot into the corner and then mid-corner tucks/leans more for the exit. Not very smooth, but obviously works for him.

Good to see the breaking of the ice between MM and 46 too. Good for the sport.

2013 BMW S1000RR
2011 Honda CRF450R (Supermoto)
2005 Yamaha Midnight Warrior
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 03:43 PM
I'll fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_ICEMAN View Post
Iannone is turning into my favorite racer to watch... its more a matter of when he will do something than if!
He seems to be a little too aggressive on passes....so lets stick him at the back of the grid where he will pass almost everybody.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode