Iannone Signs with Suzuki - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By duckdawg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Iannone Signs with Suzuki

Crazy Joe has officially signed a two year deal with Suzuki for the 2017 and 2018 seasons. It will be interesting to compare his results next year alongside both Vinales and Dovi, albeit for somewhat different reasons.

As the general consensus essentially recognizes the Yamaha M1 as easily being the best bike overall in MotoGP, there will be added pressure on Vinales to deliver positive results sooner rather than later, without the same degree of urgency had he remained with Suzuki. If Iannone consistently outperforms Maverick, it will raise questions whether or not he made the right decision with many believing that staying with Suzuki would have enabled him to continue to develop his racecraft without a heavier burden of expectations. Combined with the fact that he's still the youngest rider out there, in two years time, he could have chosen to graduate from Suzuki (if the bike was not yet the title contender expected) and literally taken his own pick of any factory ride, particularly considering how old Pedrosa and Dovi will be at the end of their deals with Honda and Ducati respectively.

Anything worse than a 4th place finish in next season's Championship will have to be regarded as a disappointment unless he manages to at least sprinkle in some stellar performances in the manner of several pole positions and 2 or more race wins.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 03:08 PM

I think it's a good match. The suzuki is almost there, and if Iannone can keep his head on straight, and not fall off, they could be a serious contender...
bsess likes this.

...dawg
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 09:45 PM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckdawg View Post
I think it's a good match. The suzuki is almost there, and if Iannone can keep his head on straight, and not fall off, they could be a serious contender...
I would agree 100%

I want to see the Suzi do well and him staying would have helped that happen i am betting but Iannone is a good rider capable of helping that team along if they rope in his crazy stuff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

The last two races, once he's managed to clear the masses of slower traffic resulting from his shitty starts, Vinales has been matching the pace of the front runners. I don't know whether it's his fault or a problem with the bike but I'm somewhat inclined to believe it's the former and not the latter because the bike has already proven itself to have excellent acceleration and overall speed.

Practicing his race starts is something that Maverick and Suzuki just need to work on until they can execute them with consistent proficiency, regardless of whether it's a rider, an equipment/software issue or some combination therein.

Few would argue that Lorenzo is the strongest at getting great launches/race starts. Marquez' starts, on the other hand, have been average at best throughout his career (even when the Honda didn't have the acceleration problems it currently suffers from) but he's almost always been able to make up for it by being able to quickly slice and dice his way through most of the slower traffic ahead of him so he doesn't lose too much time (or wear out his tires) catching up and placing himself in and among the front runners.

In the hands of an established alien, I sincerely believe the Suzuki is capable of winning races right now.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 02:24 AM

While we wouldn't see a title in his time I'd love to see rossi @ Suzuki moving development on to make it a true front runner. Development is an area people often forget he is very good in, and few are good at. Not just racecraft.

2006 BMW HP2
2015 Triumph Rocket III Roadster

Sour grapes are a lesser man's fruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Little Shop
The [fact] that the RC45 was a "relative failure" is what matters most...

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 06:07 PM

I am more skeptical of Suzuki's long term success than most of you. While they are doing great right now, I fully expect Honda to come back really strong next year and make a step improvement. Usually Honda or Yamaha have the ability to sustain themselves at the front and if falling behind, they can react and catch up. If either Honda/Yamaha take another step by end of season or next year, it will be interesting to follow if Suzuki and Ducati can keep up.

Given that, I think Maverick will have the most successful year next year. I would have him down for a couple of podiums and maybe a win or two. Ianonne will have his chance at the spotlight too, but I don't see him being consistent all year and Dovi will be relegated to 2nd fiddle once JLo shows up.

2013 BMW S1000RR
2011 Honda CRF450R (Supermoto)
2005 Yamaha Midnight Warrior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode