Dani Boy!! - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By bsess

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Dani Boy!!

While the world of ardent MotoGP fans await the decision of whether Vinales will take Lorenzo's Yamaha ride or stay with Suzuki, I'm very interested to find out where Pedrosa will go. There are conflicting news reports and rumors which have Pedrosa moving to Yamaha (provided Vinales stays with Suzuki) or Dani resigning with HRC regardless of whether Maverick stays or goes.

IF Dani does indeed have the option of moving to Yamaha, I hope to hell he takes it because he'll always be second banana and in the shadow of Marquez at Honda. A move to Yamaha could really reinvigorate his career and I sincerely believe he'll be faster and more competitive on the Yamaha than he is on the Honda.

AND, if Vinales does ultimately decide to make the switch to Yamaha, I hope Dani goes to Suzuki which I think he can do better on than the Honda and potentially win races. Schwantz recently pointed out that if Vinales could improve at qualifying and his race starts, he'd already be dicing with the front runners. Despite the attrition at Lemans, Vinales was reportedly matching Rossi's pace during the second half of the race so had he qualified better and improved his race starts, he'd be among the top contenders at the outset.

IMO, Dani has the skill and experience to take the sweet handling Suzuki to the next level and the bike has shown that it also now has the speed and acceleration it was so sorely lacking last year.

I think it would be a great story to see Dani winning races and contending for the title on the Yamaha but an even greater story to see him do it on the Suzuki. I truly believe both scenarios are legitimately plausible and I would definitely be rooting for him to win/succeed which I have not done in the past. On the other hand, if he is presented with the aforementioned options but decides to play it safe and remain with HRC, I will be deeply disappointed....

Last edited by bsess; 05-15-2016 at 01:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 10:35 PM

The Suzuki is "1 good rider" away from winning races. They really did their homework with that bike.

SECTION8 FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo329 View Post
The Suzuki is "1 good rider" away from winning races. They really did their homework with that bike.
Now that Vinales is all but gone to Yamaha, Suzuki just need to sign whomever that it. Dovi is the safer/more reliable choice. Iannone the more exciting but less reliable option. Pedrosa, however, coninues to be my first choice even though it's a total pipe dream on my part...

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsess View Post

...IF Dani does indeed have the option of moving to Yamaha, I hope to hell he takes it because he'll always be second banana and in the shadow of Marquez at Honda. A move to Yamaha could really reinvigorate his career and I sincerely believe he'll be faster and more competitive on the Yamaha than he is on the Honda.
Only chink in your argument imo is that Dani would be a potential #1 at Yamaha and that he would actually get on better with rossi than MM.

If JLo didn't get #1 status after winning Yamaha's most recent titles over rossi how would Dani ever get it winning nothing for Honda or Yamaha? Even if Dani outperformed rossi LinJ has made it clear he's a rossi man to the end. There's no option for #1 status at Yamaha for anyone until rossi leaves. Best he can hope for is equal footing, same as JLo recieved.

Dani may have some relatively recent history with MM from 3-4 yrs ago but that's nothing compared to his history with rossi. I think the bitterness of rossi mindgames outweighs the occasional youthful exurberance and errors in judgement of MM rookie season. It's a difference of omission of judgement v. commission of mind games imo.

Haven't really seen or heard any in-team issues with MM & Dani outside those on track issues yrs ago, but TBF I don't follow the drama stuff at all. I've put crash.net on my do not visit list.

2006 BMW HP2
2015 Triumph Rocket III Roadster

Sour grapes are a lesser man's fruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Little Shop
The [fact] that the RC45 was a "relative failure" is what matters most...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqd8r View Post
Only chink in your argument imo is that Dani would be a potential #1 at Yamaha and that he would actually get on better with rossi than MM.

If JLo didn't get #1 status after winning Yamaha's most recent titles over rossi how would Dani ever get it winning nothing for Honda or Yamaha? Even if Dani outperformed rossi LinJ has made it clear he's a rossi man to the end. There's no option for #1 status at Yamaha for anyone until rossi leaves. Best he can hope for is equal footing, same as JLo recieved.

Dani may have some relatively recent history with MM from 3-4 yrs ago but that's nothing compared to his history with rossi. I think the bitterness of rossi mindgames outweighs the occasional youthful exurberance and errors in judgement of MM rookie season. It's a difference of omission of judgement v. commission of mind games imo.

Haven't really seen or heard any in-team issues with MM & Dani outside those on track issues yrs ago, but TBF I don't follow the drama stuff at all. I've put crash.net on my do not visit list.
My point, which I failed to make clear, is not based on who would be the titular #1 or #2 rider at Yamaha if Dani went there (which is now a moot point anyway since Vinales took the ride) but simply that Dani's riding style is better suited to the Yamaha and I believe he would have been able to yield better results on it than the Honda.
sqd8r likes this.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Crap. Dani has officially signed with HRC for another two years. Oh well...

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 01:50 AM
He with the senior member

Yamaha and Lin have historically not published or provided rider preference and weighting to their two riders. Each rider gets the equivalent materials, time and effort to give both a chance. That's why they never said Rossi was their number 1 last year, when he led most of the season.

Old Baldy
Triumph Tiger 955i with decent suspension.
Ducati 996 with hot 999 motor
Kawasaki KLR650

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode