Speedzilla Forums banner

My Better Half Gave Me The Green Light.....

11K views 66 replies 15 participants last post by  TLRSKUNK 
#1 ·
She said I should add another bike to the stable. :D

Too bad I don't have any money at the moment. But when I get sum.........

My picks are, and not in any particular order:

Ninja H2 - If I can find one.

Panigale 899 - took one for a joy ride and didn't care for the riding position. It's so sexy to look at though.

MV F3 800 - I really want to do this, especially with the incentives going on now and them being sold new for around $13,500, but it just looks a lil' cheapy to me in the cockpit region.

S1000RR - You can't really go wrong with the current king of the super bikes. Still being raced in BSB. The bike is so ugly that I would make an exception and get one in Black even though I said that I would NEVER buy a Black motorcycle.

See less See more
#42 ·
So the ordering period for the 2016 Ninja H2 and H2R is now open.

It will be open until Dec.11th. I have all of my affairs worked out and I am able to put my order in.

However...................

I'm not 100% certain that I want the bike. I don't know if I love it. It's weird. My F4 and ZX7Rs are "Old Hat" as they say. But I LOVE those bikes. I don't know if I LOVE the H2. ....so I'm having a hard time with the idea of parting with $28,000 (OTD) for the Ninja H2, a bike that will barely beat an S1000RR in a straight and doesn't nearly handle as well. I have the new bike itch and my cash is burning a hole in my pocket, but at the same time I have a small lump in my throat because I know that if I get the H2, for starters, I won't be getting a new bike for at least 5 years +, and second, I will get smoked by raced out 600s at track days on the thing. It's really not a track bike and that kind of ruins my buzz. You know track 'tards are gonna get a hard-on when they see an H2 on the track. hahahahahhahaha. I could get the 1299R instead.......... but that's a whole different conversation.

The track is my passion, so I kind of want to get something that's a tad more track focused than the H2. I could continue to ride my F4 on the track but I don't really want to abuse it as parts are getting harder and harder to source and new OEM are extremely expensive. I've researched it and I could get a Catalyst Composites bodywork kit for my F4, upgrade the exhaust, a Brembo brake upgrade and kick Singh's ass all over Summit Point next season :grin2: . I could just be content and enjoy what I already have until something truly blows my skirt up.

I think lots of great machines will be coming out soon. The 2017 GSX-R1000. MV Agusta is set to replace the F4 with a new Superbike. Ducati may replace the 1299, etc. It could be beneficial to wait.

I've always been one to err on the side of caution. There's a voice in the back of my mind telling me that if I hold off, there might be something better looming on the horizon.

I think this all goes back to the H2R vs H2 debate. If the H2R was street legal then that would be the one I would buy, no question. But the H2 isn't really all that impressive to me when you take into consideration that the current crop of superbikes have better electronics and are nipping on it's heels horsepower-wise. Even if you bump up the HP to 240hp with a flash etc., the bike is an aerodynamic mess and it simply doesn't equate to an a$$ whooping as the dyno sheet would seem. Plenty of drag racing vids on youtube show this to be the case. The H2 doesn't really walk away until 160mph.

I don't typically ask for opinions when it comes to my purchases but I'm curious as to what you guys think?

#43 ·
IMO:
The H2/H2r don't make me all giddy. sure they are cool. they have cool tech but the finish isn't there.

a 1299R would make a way better track bike. but I think you'd be faster with an 899. and would have change left to really deck it out.

Only reason i bought a 2016 R1 is because it made me drool. I am keeping the sound I loved about my 09, upgraded electronics, and the Yellow 60th scheme brings me back to my Ape that I miss.

Hold out till you find that must own model.

#44 ·
Thanks man. I am leaning toward this. The 899 is being bumped in displacement to 959cc for 2015. It's already on the Ducati site.

That feeling you got for the R1 is similar to what I felt when they first announced the H2. That was until, they announced the H2 specs and said the R wasn't going to be street legal.

#49 ·
A Decision has been made and I made the deposit this morning.................

...................................ON..................................................................................

..............................................................................................................

Well, you'll just have to stay tuned. :grin2:

#52 ·
2015 Yamaha YZF-R1 Recall Will Affect All Units Sold in USA

Saw this today that the transmission issues affect all US and Canada models of the R1 and it takes almost 16 hours to change it. Huge expense and I would wager more than one will be put together wrong and actually worse than when it left the factory.

I know Yamaha is trying to be proactive and get this resolved quickly, but this looks very bad. Not unlike the first Aprilia RSV4 engines going bang due to faulty connecting rods and Aprilia exchanged hundreds of engines. Not sure if Aprilia has actually recovered the reputation of the bike since to be honest.

R1/R1M might be the same, at least the 2015 models will be ones to avoid on the secondhand market, even if that is unfair.

#53 ·
I mean at least they are fixing it unlike all the Kawi 600/636 owners that had trans issues constantly and the early ZX10's that had tons of trans failures...

Also BMW is having trans issues on one of their models. with very similar issues.

From what i'm reading it sounds like the gear manufacture screwed up the heat treating part of it.

#55 ·
I read about that shit on facebook. made me smile. but what do you really expect. it's new technology. and they are riding the piss out of them.(as they should be)

That winter test edition ZX10R looks sick. I mean 16k and 10k in add ons would murder a H2... for about the same price.

#56 ·
Well, to keep things in perspective, a 600 would "Murder" an H2 around the track. The H2 really wasn't designed for that. More of a showcase of Kawasaki's engineering prowess.

As far as straight line and sweeper performance, I simply don't think anything out there can touch an 'uncorked' H2.

Yes, I've seen the Vids of S1000s giving H2s fits but the H2 riders were either really overweight or just couldn't ride for beans. Squids doing highway runs and roll-ons that are terribly out of sync are terrible indicators of the performance of these machines.

Brock's H2 was clocked at 219mph. There is simply nothing out there hitting that speed. Period! Not WSBK bikes, nothing! You need a Turbo or Supercharged Busa/ZX14 running tons of boost just to be in the ballpark.

IF I were to get an H2 I probably wouldn't flash the ECU for warranty reasons. I would probably just get a full exhaust, a custom shock made that had ride height adjustability for track days, a PCV, and a custom map for race fuel and that might Give me a genuine 220HP at the wheel. The last 20-40hp from the flash really aren't worth the reliability concerns that come with that tune.

#60 ·
Lee,

That paint scheme is badass...

#66 ·
I have 2 Grom's. One for me and the kid. Both with Ohlins front and rear. They are a blast. We have 2 H2's coming in in the near future. Also have a R1M sitting in the showroom waiting for the recall to get done. Good luck with your search.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.