The Official 2015 Moto GP Thread - With Spoilers - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 196 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

The Official 2015 Moto GP Thread - With Spoilers

A little late for this thread but we might as well.

In Argentina today for FP2, Aleix Espagaro topped the time sheets.

I must say I'm really impressed with him and Suzuki's effort. They are running a top notch operation.

SECTION8 FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 196 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 06:25 PM

The big guys didn't even go out in FP1 to save their tires, and let everyone else clean the dirty track.
post #3 of 196 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Qualifying Results:

Marquez on Pole
Aleix Espagaro
Andreas Ianonne

That Suzuki is flying!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 196 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 09:15 PM

Yes it's moving good to be down 15+ mph, must have some badass corner speed.

I know it sounds good!

#826 WERA Expert
post #5 of 196 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Jami said Jorge was Marquez's personal Sete.

Well.....

Marquez just got Sete'ed by Rossi.

post #6 of 196 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 04:45 AM

Man that tire choice was a gamble. I wonder why Honda did it.

2006 BMW HP2
2015 Triumph Rocket III Roadster

Sour grapes are a lesser man's fruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Little Shop
The [fact] that the RC45 was a "relative failure" is what matters most...

post #7 of 196 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 10:57 PM
I'll fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqd8r View Post
Man that tire choice was a gamble. I wonder why Honda did it.
So, if it was the tire that let Marquez down, why didnt everyone else on the extra hard tire catch him too? Even Dovi was catching up....using the same tire as Marquez.

Excuses, Excuses.
post #8 of 196 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezmo View Post
So, if it was the tire that let Marquez down, why didnt everyone else on the extra hard tire catch him too? Even Dovi was catching up....using the same tire as Marquez.

Excuses, Excuses.
Well, first of all, not everyone can ride like Marquez. Secondly, it was pretty clear that MM's (or his team's) strategy behind switching from the extra hard to the hard compound rear tire moments before the race began was for him to put the hammer down from the start and build an insurmountable lead over the rest of the pack. Obviously he failed to create a sufficient gap and no doubt cooked his tires a little trying to do so while the extra hard tires seemed to be at their best over the last half of the race. I think Mark had his fastest lap sometime in the first few laps while Valentino had his in the last few.

Rossi ran a fantastic race. Period. I watched the race with my Son and, being a Marquez fan, was shocked and pissed when they announced his last second tire change. I could see a justifiable reason for MM taking the risk if the Yamahas demonstrated a better race pace on the Extra Hards during practice but that simply wasn't the case. It seemed a greedy strategy at best and a poorly calculated risk at the worst. By lap 13 or 14, I told my Son that Rossi would probably be winning the race unless MM was just giving his tire a rest and managing his lead. A lap or three later, the outcome was a forgone conclusion in my eyes. For those of you who take pleasure in seeing Marquez fans suffer, you'll be happy to know that both my Son and I were enraged by his tire strategy and then by not accepting the reality of his situation and settling for an easy 2nd place finish.

Ultimately, Rossi rode brilliantly and deserved to win. Had he not crashed, I don't think Marquez would have been able to catch Rossi.

Last edited by bsess; 04-21-2015 at 03:24 AM.
post #9 of 196 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 11:10 AM
I'll fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsess View Post
both my Son and I were enraged by his tire strategy.
Enraged? Dude, its just a race.

Also, Rossi turned faster laps later in the race than Marquez did early...so if Marquez cooked his softer tire early in the race, they why was Rossi able to go faster on a harder tire? Rossi set several fastest laps, and broke the lap record while Erasing Marquez's lead. Oh look, there goes the tire excuse out the window again.
post #10 of 196 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsess View Post
I told my Son that Rossi would probably be winning the race unless MM was just giving his tire a rest and managing his lead.
Actually both of those things happened.

On one of the Moto GP feeds Marquez said that he actually backed off a little bit hoping that he would have enough tire left to hold Rossi off when he inevitably caught up. I am inclined to believe him since Rossi's clawed back 7 and 8 tenths per lap which was up from the 3 tenths per lap he was averaging.

That may also be why Marquez immediately tried to fight with Rossi when he got by. He thought he might have still had some tire left.

If he could have held Rossi to 3 tenth gains per lap, it would have likely come down to the wire. Either way, both his tire choice and strategy was poor. It happens.

Great ride by Rossi though.

post #11 of 196 (permalink) Old 04-22-2015, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo329 View Post
Actually both of those things happened.

On one of the Moto GP feeds Marquez said that he actually backed off a little bit hoping that he would have enough tire left to hold Rossi off when he inevitably caught up. I am inclined to believe him since Rossi's clawed back 7 and 8 tenths per lap which was up from the 3 tenths per lap he was averaging.

That may also be why Marquez immediately tried to fight with Rossi when he got by. He thought he might have still had some tire left.

If he could have held Rossi to 3 tenth gains per lap, it would have likely come down to the wire. Either way, both his tire choice and strategy was poor. It happens.

Great ride by Rossi though.
Well said. However, even if Marquez had not binned it and had enough grip left to fight with Rossi until the finish line, I don't believe he was a match for Rossi on this day. Rossi's focus, rhythm, and racecraft were noticably superior to Marquez' who definitely seemed to have lost his composure and presence of mind. If he really felt he had enough grip left to battle Valentino to the finish, why else then the sloppy, ill-advised, and almost desperate looking attempt to retake the lead? Rossi clearly had the line and position on MM whose mistake was uncharacteristically rookie-like. Rossi had undeniable momentum over Marquez both physically and mentally. At this late stage of his career, I would have to say the Argentine round deserves consideration as one of his most impressive wins. I can't recall Jorge, or any other rider for that matter, ever chasing down MM and taking the win the way Rossi did this past Sunday. A truly superlative performance by the Doctor who definitely took the reigning champion to school.

post #12 of 196 (permalink) Old 04-25-2015, 09:07 PM
This space for rent

Marquez broke his finger, questionable on making the race at Jerez. Rossi is living rent free in his head now.

https://motomatters.com/news/2015/04...er_in_tra.html

post #13 of 196 (permalink) Old 04-25-2015, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Wow!

Rossi still has gotta be careful. Dovi is riding like '06 Nicky Hayden.

post #14 of 196 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 02:03 PM
I'll fix it.

Honda is gonna wind up locking Marquez away between races.
post #15 of 196 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 02:31 PM
Panigaliscious

But wait, I thought Marquez was so good at crashing that he knew how to fall to minimize injuries over mere MotoGP mortals as well?

If he misses, will Stoner fill in?

1985 Honda VF1000R, 1990 Ducati 851, 2008 YZ450F
post #16 of 196 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 05:49 PM

MM will race
post #17 of 196 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 01:33 AM

bummer for the kid, though at his age he heals quickly. If it's at all possible he will ride, maybe not win, but will go for points.... it's a long season....

99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
post #18 of 196 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 08:59 PM

Bayliss cut his off

Just saying
Attached Images

post #19 of 196 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 09:45 PM
Panigaliscious

No Pedrosa
MotoGP News - Dani Pedrosa delays MotoGP return

1985 Honda VF1000R, 1990 Ducati 851, 2008 YZ450F
post #20 of 196 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 10:23 AM
Street and Track Moderator

I'm with Latebraker, Rossi is now in MM's head...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode