The Official 2015 Moto GP Thread - With Spoilers - Page 5 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 11:34 AM

Even Michael Jordan missed a free-throw occasionally…HRC will be back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 11:50 AM
He with the senior member

I know f'sure that I was one who stated last season (and the season before) that Honda was the best overall bike at that time, and I stand 100% by that opinion. It was.

I recall saying a few years ago that we should watch out for when the Sleeping Giant awakes.....as they did! I think virtually every knowledgeable MGP commentator/technical analyst agreed with that personal assessment.

But, things change. And sometimes, very quickly. As Ducati knows. And Suzuki. And, this year, Honda.

I'm not sure what this topic is really all about....as other than Larry, I also don't recall anyone implying that Honda is and always will be the best.....but then my memory is probably also fading.

Old Baldy
Triumph Tiger 955i with decent suspension.
Ducati 996 with hot 999 motor
Kawasaki KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #83 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZR51 View Post
Even Michael Jordan missed a free-throw occasionally…
thanks for proving my point......

FWIW, if Jordan`s free throw average was in line with HRC`s winning percentage, he would never have risen above the ranks of high school bench warmer......

99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express

post #84 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikstr View Post
thanks for proving my point......

FWIW, if Jordan`s free throw average was in line with HRC`s winning percentage, he would never have risen above the ranks of high school bench warmer......
Even being the GOAT in basketball doesn't require a perfect free-throw average!
post #85 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Even being the GOAT in basketball doesn't require a perfect free-throw average!
but it does a better than sub-50% success rate.....

post #86 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsess View Post
My sincere apologies if I gave you the impression I was doubting you or appearing to put you on trial in any way. : ( I mentioned in a previous post that I wasn't questioning the veracity of your remarks. With my diminished mental capacities, my memory truly sucks and I just don't remember anyone here making the declarations you enthusiastically made numerous references to in this thread. Since you seemed so juiced up about it, I just thought/assumed (apparently wrongly so) that the identities of the perps must have been fresh in your mind. Maybe you're just not comfortable naming names. Whatever. If you don't care or are unable to help me out that's perfectly fine.

2006 BMW HP2
2015 Triumph Rocket III Roadster

Sour grapes are a lesser man's fruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Little Shop
The [fact] that the RC45 was a "relative failure" is what matters most...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #87 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 04:40 PM

It seems I have upset the sensibilities of the HRC-worshipping masses so I will refrain from posting any more in this matter... Sorry to "blow on your soup" to paraphrase one of said disciples......

Last edited by mikstr; 06-19-2015 at 05:38 PM.
post #88 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
It seems I have upset the sensibilities of the HRC-worshipping masses so I will refrain from posting any more in this matter...
I don't think there are many "HRC worshipping masses" around here anymore, heck there's only 11 people left. But it does seem like that's all you have posted since the recent decline in HRC's abilities in GP

It just shows how competitive MotoGP is. It's been a Yamaha/Honda show for so many years, now the Duc is doing well, even Suzuki has shown signs of major progress.

I think a lot of racing these bikes is the rider. Everyone says how Honda/MM has dominated for the last two years, but that's not completely true. If MM and Lorenzo switched bikes last year, who would've won? I think MM still would've been champ on the Yamaha.

I think MM is currently in a funk like Lorenzo was last year, and at the start of this year, plus the Honda is struggling. Confidence is huge. They recently modified their 14 chassis to accept their 15 engine.

If it goes the way it has lately, Lorenzo will be champ, or better quals from Rossi could have him in the mix. The fans are in a good position.
post #89 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 11:34 PM

Quote:
I don't think there are many "HRC worshipping masses" around here anymore, heck there's only 11 people left. But it does seem like that's all you have posted since the recent decline in HRC's abilities in GP
That's pretty funny right there....
Quote:
It just shows how competitive MotoGP is. It's been a Yamaha/Honda show for so many years, now the Duc is doing well, even Suzuki has shown signs of major progress.

I think a lot of racing these bikes is the rider. Everyone says how Honda/MM has dominated for the last two years, but that's not completely true. If MM and Lorenzo switched bikes last year, who would've won? I think MM still would've been champ on the Yamaha.

I think MM is currently in a funk like Lorenzo was last year, and at the start of this year, plus the Honda is struggling. Confidence is huge. They recently modified their 14 chassis to accept their 15 engine.

If it goes the way it has lately, Lorenzo will be champ, or better quals from Rossi could have him in the mix. The fans are in a good position.
Good points. Excellent post!

post #90 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 01:19 AM

Quote:
It seems I have upset the sensibilities of the HRC-worshipping masses so I will refrain from posting any more in this matter... Sorry to "blow on your soup" to paraphrase one of said disciples......
????? Dude! WTF? There you go again! Sorry to bust balls but you're scaring me now! You keep referring to the HRC worshiping masses and/or disciples (who previously were espousing Honda's infallibility/invincibility) as now suffering from having their sensibilities upset. Who and WTF are you talking about??? Speaking for myself (and myself only), I have no particular brand loyalty whatsoever. There are Hondas, Kawasakis, Yamahas, Suzukis, Ducatis, etc. that I have loved and hated. When it comes to racing, my favoritism is focused strictly on the riders and not the manufacturer of the bike they ride.

Your passionate fixation and dislike of Honda and/or those Fans who believed HRC could never be bested (whether real or imagined in the case of the latter) reminds me of another long time member here who has had an intense dislike for Rossi and/or his die-hard fans for many, many years. Can you guess who I am talking about? If you can't figure it out, I'll be happy to reveal his identity. I certainly won't make you comb through the Speedzilla archives to find out who it is...

post #91 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 01:37 AM

What part of "I will refrain from posting any more in this matter" do you not comprehend? I am offering silence and yet you try to lure me back..... do I detect a masochistic streak here?

post #92 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 02:14 AM

Quote:

Seriously dude, it's like you are in a fight with yourself... and losing...

2006 BMW HP2
2015 Triumph Rocket III Roadster

Sour grapes are a lesser man's fruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Little Shop
The [fact] that the RC45 was a "relative failure" is what matters most...

post #93 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 02:20 AM

Jeezus, seems the illiteracy problem is worst than I feared.......

post #94 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 02:21 AM

and then there were ten........

post #95 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 02:25 AM

Quote:
and then there were ten........
Now THAT'S funny
post #96 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 02:28 AM
Panigaliscious

A century from now people will still be using Sam Jackson's Pulp Fiction character to make fun of others on the internet.

1985 Honda VF1000R, 1990 Ducati 851, 2008 YZ450F
post #97 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 06:57 PM
Panigaliscious

Rossi on pole at Assen, A.Esp in second, Marquez in third. Dani fourth.

I see the race going down like this. Espargaro is swamped at the start and sent back to later than sixth place, possible behind Crutchlow and Lorennzo who both start on the third row.

That leaves Rossi, Pedrosa, and Marquez for the first turn. Dani is the best starter of the three, but also a row behind them. Marquez will probably be into turn one first and attempt to break away. Dani may very well get past Rossi on the first lap.

Lorenzo will be pushiing hard at the start to get to the leaders and prevent one of them from breaking away. Unlike last year, I don't think either Honda has the pace to oull out several seconds, so most likely it will be Marquez, Pedrosa, Rossi close together for the first half of the race.

When Lorenzo catches up to them is when it might get interesting. Rossi doesn't have to take big risks to beat Marquez or Dani as they are so far behind in points, BUT he does have to try and stay ahead of Lorenzo to protect his points lead. Lorenzo (from fourth) may be what forces Rossi to push on and try to get into the lead earlier than he normally would like

post #98 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 08:16 PM

That sounds about right, but you didn't pick how they'll finish. I predict

post #99 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sburns2421 View Post
Rossi on pole at Assen, A.Esp in second, Marquez in third. Dani fourth.

I see the race going down like this. Espargaro is swamped at the start and sent back to later than sixth place, possible behind Crutchlow and Lorennzo who both start on the third row.

That leaves Rossi, Pedrosa, and Marquez for the first turn. Dani is the best starter of the three, but also a row behind them. Marquez will probably be into turn one first and attempt to break away. Dani may very well get past Rossi on the first lap.

Lorenzo will be pushiing hard at the start to get to the leaders and prevent one of them from breaking away. Unlike last year, I don't think either Honda has the pace to oull out several seconds, so most likely it will be Marquez, Pedrosa, Rossi close together for the first half of the race.

When Lorenzo catches up to them is when it might get interesting. Rossi doesn't have to take big risks to beat Marquez or Dani as they are so far behind in points, BUT he does have to try and stay ahead of Lorenzo to protect his points lead. Lorenzo (from fourth) may be what forces Rossi to push on and try to get into the lead earlier than he normally would like
Not a bad forecast... here is my prediction. I think Rossi gets a poor start and MM does his super-aggressive passing to get in the lead. By the end of lap 1, Rossi is 2nd at best, most likely 3rd behind the Repsols. Lorenzo is patient and careful and makes his way up to 4th by mid-race, by when Rossi has settled into a pace and ahead of Pedrosa in 2nd. Only wild card is if MM bins it or slows down the pace to make sure he collects points this time and "lets" good friend Rossi get by than fight him off for 1st.

Rossi
MM
Pedrosa
Lorenzo

2013 BMW S1000RR
2011 Honda CRF450R (Supermoto)
2005 Yamaha Midnight Warrior
post #100 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 09:38 PM
Panigaliscious

Marquez
Rossi
Loranzo
Pedrosa
who cares about the rest...

But if Lorenzo were to drop out, I don't see Rossi pushing for the win. Take his 20 points and go home happy to extend his lead. And if Pedrosa is on pace, maybe Rossi takes third. In front of Lorenzo is the goal.

I would like to see Pedrosa and Marquez go for blood against each other and have a big battle together. Neither have much to lose at this point.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode