The Official 2015 Moto GP Thread - With Spoilers - Page 10 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 196 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 04:28 PM

I don't remember Dani winning a straight fight before... was impressive!

As much as I am rooting for Rossi, I do believe that the fastest guy should be champ... and there is no doubt that Lorenzo is the fastest guy in the paddock right now. I am more impressed that he is putting incredible pressure on Marquez to match his pace and forcing him into mistakes as a result.

MM is showing major cracks in the armory and turns out he is mortal after all... once the riders don't fear you as much, it is going to be a tough season every year to win a championship... just ask Rossi how hard it has been for him once the aura broke. Weren't there a few who christened him the GOAT last year.... a little premature you think!

2013 BMW S1000RR
2011 Honda CRF450R (Supermoto)
2005 Yamaha Midnight Warrior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 196 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 06:54 PM
Panigaliscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_ICEMAN View Post
I don't remember Dani winning a straight fight before... was impressive!

As much as I am rooting for Rossi, I do believe that the fastest guy should be champ... and there is no doubt that Lorenzo is the fastest guy in the paddock right now. I am more impressed that he is putting incredible pressure on Marquez to match his pace and forcing him into mistakes as a result.

MM is showing major cracks in the armory and turns out he is mortal after all... once the riders don't fear you as much, it is going to be a tough season every year to win a championship... just ask Rossi how hard it has been for him once the aura broke. Weren't there a few who christened him the GOAT last year.... a little premature you think!
It remains to be seen how each of them will adapt to the Michelins next year, not to mention the bike manufacturers and how their bikes are tailored to these new tires. Marquez might find himself dominating again, or settling for fourths or crashes because he can't feel the front.

1985 Honda VF1000R, 1990 Ducati 851, 2008 YZ450F
post #183 of 196 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBs_SP3 View Post
That had to be the best ride of his MotoGP career.
Definitely a great race for Pedrosa but since he's struggled with so many physical issues over the years, many forget that he's actually won 26 MotoGP races and is a three time Championship runner-up. Back in 2012 he won 7 races and compiled 15 podium finishes only to lose the title to Jorge 350 -332 who had one less win but more 2nd place finishes.

When the Bot was on he could beat anyone, typically clearing out from the start as he didn't like contact. Either bad luck, injuries or someone being better THAT year, be it a Rossi, Lorenzo, Stoner and of course Marquez have left him the forgotten man in the eyes of many.

The arm pump issues that have plagued him for at least three years and had him seriously facing early retirement seem to have been fix by this last surgical procedure.

Until recently, his riding style, like Lorenzo's has been exclusively "classic 250" with an emphasis on precision, smoothness and high corner speeds whereas nowadays, he has definitely adapted his style on the Honda and has demonstrated a willingness to adopt a looser approach like that of Marquez, allowing the front and rear tires to squirm and weave out of line under braking which he did to great success on Sunday...

post #184 of 196 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 03:43 AM
He with the senior member

Great race between Pedrobot and Rossi. Damned Honda seems to have found even more speed on the straight again, and is matching the Yamaha on drive from the corner, whereas until recently, the Yamaha was nearly as quick as the Honda on the straight and consistently out-driving the Hondas from the turns.

Rossi tried everything possible to pass, but was just not quite quick enough to match a really strong Dani.

Lolly just sublime again....just as I predicted.....he's on the steamroller to win the championship (much as I would love Rossi to take it).

Marky - yet ANOTHER unforced error....WOW, this is certainly a tough year for the likable youngster. I hope he comes back next year and can challenge Rossi and Lorenzo to the end, instead of crashing so consistently with errors. Rossi now has 43% more points than Marky.....pretty much unbelievable.

The glow has tarnished just a little for him now. It remains to be seen how if affects him mentally.

Hopefully, he doesn't become another Stoner if he faces another tough season next year....

And...this type of sportsmanship below is why Rossi is by far the most loved and admired racer we've ever seen...

Old Baldy
Triumph Tiger 955i with decent suspension.
Ducati 996 with hot 999 motor
Kawasaki KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Old Baldy; 09-29-2015 at 06:08 AM.
post #185 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 05:55 AM

Well, I got the top 4 riders correct, with just Rossi and Pedrobot swapped around.

So now, Rossi looks like he has a real, strong, strong chance of hanging onto the Championship from Lorenzo.

For the first time, Lorenzo cannot say that it doesn't matter what Rossi does, as long as Lorenzo wins the remaining races, because now Lorenzo needs Rossi to finish worse than 2nd place at any one race (while Lorenzo must win all three races left)

Old Baldy
Kawasaki KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Old Baldy; 10-11-2015 at 03:08 PM.
post #186 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Baldy View Post
Well, I got the top 4 riders correct, with just Rossi and Pedrobot swapped around.

So now, Rossi looks like he has a real, strong, strong chance of hanging onto the Championship from Lorenzo.

For the first time, Lorenzo cannot say that it doesn't matter what Rossi does, as long as Lorenzo wins the remaining races, because now Lorenzo needs Rossi to finish worse than 2nd place at any one race (while Lorenzo must win all three races left)
And I am not so sure that he can win all 3 races either. Dani is the in form rider and MM may be fully fit and riding on the ragged edge by Valencia also. That said, he doesn't NEED to win the remaining 3 either. If 1-2 riders land inbetween him and Rossi he will still have a shot. Rossi on the other hand needs to get three 2nds to seal it.

2013 BMW S1000RR
2011 Honda CRF450R (Supermoto)
2005 Yamaha Midnight Warrior
post #187 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Rossi doesn't go well at Valencia. Never has. Valencia will likely be won by Jorge.

Philip Island is Rossi's best bet to extend the lead further. The other 2 races I think Jorge will have the advantage.

SECTION8 FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #188 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 09:17 PM

maybe Rossi will fall off...

...dawg
post #189 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 11:35 AM

Rossi has been doing a lot of whining about MM and the finish at PI…I think this weeks race will have the same finishing order.
post #190 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 01:15 AM

In addition to his recent efforts to get inside MM's head with his huge, conspiracy theory diatribes with the media today and yesterday, maybe Rossi is also trying to somehow psyche himself up for the massive uphill challenge he faces this weekend. There's no doubt in my mind that what happens this weekend will basically decide the championship because it's pretty much a forgone conclusion that Rossi will surrender a ton of points at Valencia which is probably his worst track. Not only does he have to contend with the tremendous pressure of what is undoubtedly his last shot at another title, Sepang is also the scene where, at no fault of his own whatsoever, he ran over his close friend and protege, Marco Simoncelli.

Still, Rossi has won a bunch of races here and finished the race in 2nd place ahead of Lorenzo last year so I think he'll need to do the same tomorrow if he going to take the crown.

post #191 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 02:51 AM

Lolly falls off in the race. Pity, but I think he's gonna cave under the pressure.

Marky wins, Danny second, Rossi third...and wins the Championship before they get to Valencia.

LOL!!!

Old Baldy
Kawasaki KLR650

post #192 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Heck of a lap by Pedrosa. Incredible.

Jorge thought he was on the front row and when to go park his bike where they celebrate the front row and the marshall told him he couldn't go because Rossi pipped him for the spot. It was embarrassing. hahahahaha The worst part was that he shut off his bike and tried to coast in and couldn't get it restarted.

Drama filled weekend!

If Rossi finishes ahead of Jorge this weekend the championship is pretty much a wrap.

SECTION8 FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #193 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 07:48 AM
Currently: Moderating

Once a shitbag, always a shitbag! At the same track he killed his friend. I can't wait for the "racing incident" excuses.
post #194 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 01:21 PM

The young man screwed this race and championship up, unfortunately.

Never before have we seen someone who is NOT racing for the championship and NOT battling for the lead in the race, be so aggressive towards someone who IS battling for the championship.

I do think that Rossi is partly to blame here by raising the youngster's emotions with his comments, and so has a large part of the blame here, but the way that Marquez acted on track was pretty much unique in this situation. Marquez crashing seemed inevitable.....6th time this season, for riding as stupidly as he did. He did not need the close-encounter battle, with his Honda's superior speed on the straights, a simple tuck in and pass on the straight was always the easier option and he could have been off and battling with Lorenzo and then Pedrosa....but he very clearly decided to take the battle to Rossi. He lost the battle but unfortunately won the war.

Rossi brought this almost predictable result into contention with his mind games, and has effectively lost the championship as a result, disappointing millions of fans (and almost the entire stadium at the race) in the process.

A very unfortunate result for everyone - except Lorenzo.
capecodrvt likes this.

Old Baldy
Kawasaki KLR650

post #195 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 01:38 PM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Baldy View Post
The young man screwed this race and championship up, unfortunately.

Never before have we seen someone who is NOT racing for the championship and NOT battling for the lead in the race, be so aggressive towards someone who IS battling for the championship.

A very unfortunate result for everyone - except Lorenzo.

This about sums it up! What was in this for Marco other than trying to take out Rossi or ruin the championship run, seems malicious but i am pro Rossi

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #196 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 11:32 PM
Currently: Moderating

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
seems malicious but i am pro Rossi
I can't believe you're still alive? One of life's greatest mysteries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
why don'y you do yourself a favor and put me on ignore

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode