Speedzilla Forums banner

what has wibbly been up to?

8K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  wibbly 
#1 ·
well since selling my 51 (i'm sure most of you know it), i bought a ktm rc8r and built it pretty heavily. when it was all said and done it looked like this

sadly, after 3 years of horrible reliability and many many blown water pumps, i decided i needed something a little more reliable, and also something a little more fun for every day use, so i bought a 2008 cbr 600rr

and built it. of course. i loved the front end on the ktm so much that i stuck it on the 600. it took a bit of work and it's not quite 100% done (still have to build a top clamp), but this is how it sits at the moment..

this thing should be an absolute blast, really looking forward to this riding season

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice new ride. A few weeks ago I followed your post over on ktm forums. Made my decision to lean towards Aprilia factory rsv4 bike. I was confused between these two bikes. Anyway your post over there help make my decision thanks.

#9 ·
Disappointing your luck with the RC8r I still lust after on but when push came to shove and I was ready to buy I sprung for my R1 instead. I needed something I could ride daily and if it got knock over in a parking lot of a light low side I wouldn't cry nearly as hard as my Aprilia and the KTM just didn't fit that bill at all.

I love the exhaust on your 600rr. and That front end goes without saying.

#14 ·
Yep I have been on here forever. I don't post very often but I do buy stuff. I don't have an RC51 anymore but I do lurk. If you see the screen name G2G or G2G racing its me. only other screen name I had was the old motorush RC board it was salex.

#26 ·
that front end is b-e-a-u-tiful! good work

#27 ·
Just a little update. Put together a side mount exhaust using arrow headers with an akra slip on for an 09+ zx6r and a custom midpipe and hanger. Came out awesome

Also got my custom top triple finished.

In the machine

Pre anodizing

And finished

#28 ·
Nice work! Notice any difference in engine power with the exhaust mod?

P.S. I have never been a fan of the undertail exhaust and this is a marked improvement aesthetically speaking, not to mention bringing the weight closer to the center of mass.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.