what has wibbly been up to? - Page 2 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Couple pics of the finished product.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 04:36 PM

Looks great, quite a change from the RC8 How does she go?

99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

Its a seriously awesome bike. Not the most HP but it's very light. Stops very well and is as flickable as anything. Its a ton of fun really. Going to give it a good shakedown on next week's trip

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 01:33 AM

Power is not everything. I've really focused on cutting weight on my VTR (and yes, up the usable power and responsiveness too), and can say it's a blast to ride. Enjoy

P.S. Shame about the RC8, however.....

post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 01:42 AM Thread Starter

I put this one on the scales and it came in 36lbs lighter than a stock one.

So that puts it at 370lbs full to the brim. Pretty happy with that

post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 02:04 AM

that front end is b-e-a-u-tiful! good work

2004 Hayden SP2: Ohlins Shock, Racetek Fork Internals, OZ Piega Rims, Magura Radial MC, Radial Brake Brackets, Brembo Monoblocks, Brembo Underslung Rear Brake, GPR High Mounts, Woodcraft Rearsets, PC3 USB, Dynojet Quikshifter, Hotbodies Undertail, 520 Chain, SS Lines, Pinch Bolt Res Mount, Keyless Gas Cap & Ignition, Flapper Valve & Soft Rev Eliminated, Rizoma Bar End Mirror.
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

Just a little update. Put together a side mount exhaust using arrow headers with an akra slip on for an 09+ zx6r and a custom midpipe and hanger. Came out awesome

Also got my custom top triple finished.

In the machine

Pre anodizing

And finished

post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 01:22 PM

Nice work! Notice any difference in engine power with the exhaust mod?

P.S. I have never been a fan of the undertail exhaust and this is a marked improvement aesthetically speaking, not to mention bringing the weight closer to the center of mass.....

post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

I doubt it. Just had it tuned, made 108hp. Which is about right

post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 04:14 PM

thanks. I was wondering more about the curves/distribution than the peak output....

sweet, sweet bike

P.S. I will be mounting up my carbon wheels and CMC rotors very soon.... looking forward to feeling the transformation......

post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

The difference is staggering with cf wheels and ceramic rotors. You won't believe its possible to turn that quick

Can't speak for the curves because I didn't have a baseline from before the change.

Tbh I haven't even ridden it in this configuration. It went to the tuner before spring hit here and I just got it back last night. And today the weather is shitty.

Oh well

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 02:56 PM
Gold Sponsor

Not bad, its coming along. The next thing you'll need to do is throw some real suspension under it.

BTW, its weird how scarce CMC rotors are these days. I'd have better luck findings hens teeth. Surely there is enough demand for someone to produce some more rotor sets. Never should have sold my sets.:frowny face
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 04:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by varium View Post
Not bad, its coming along. The next thing you'll need to do is throw some real suspension under it.

BTW, its weird how scarce CMC rotors are these days. I'd have better luck findings hens teeth. Surely there is enough demand for someone to produce some more rotor sets. Never should have sold my sets.:frowny face
I can't afford real suspension lol

Yeah the cmcs are really hard to come by. I'm really glad I kept mine. Almost sold them a while back. Its nice you can fit them to anything with a simple swap of the carriers

Last I heard Jeff is trying to get the cmc3s going, but is having trouble sourcing a supplier for the composite material. There have been rumors of them for years but nothing available

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode