Speedzilla Forums banner

what has wibbly been up to?

8K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  wibbly 
#1 ·
well since selling my 51 (i'm sure most of you know it), i bought a ktm rc8r and built it pretty heavily. when it was all said and done it looked like this

sadly, after 3 years of horrible reliability and many many blown water pumps, i decided i needed something a little more reliable, and also something a little more fun for every day use, so i bought a 2008 cbr 600rr

and built it. of course. i loved the front end on the ktm so much that i stuck it on the 600. it took a bit of work and it's not quite 100% done (still have to build a top clamp), but this is how it sits at the moment..

this thing should be an absolute blast, really looking forward to this riding season

See less See more
#30 ·
thanks. I was wondering more about the curves/distribution than the peak output....

sweet, sweet bike :)

P.S. I will be mounting up my carbon wheels and CMC rotors very soon.... looking forward to feeling the transformation......

#31 ·
The difference is staggering with cf wheels and ceramic rotors. You won't believe its possible to turn that quick

Can't speak for the curves because I didn't have a baseline from before the change.

Tbh I haven't even ridden it in this configuration. It went to the tuner before spring hit here and I just got it back last night. And today the weather is shitty.

Oh well

#32 ·
Not bad, its coming along. The next thing you'll need to do is throw some real suspension under it.

BTW, its weird how scarce CMC rotors are these days. I'd have better luck findings hens teeth. Surely there is enough demand for someone to produce some more rotor sets. Never should have sold my sets.:frowny face

#33 ·
I can't afford real suspension lol

Yeah the cmcs are really hard to come by. I'm really glad I kept mine. Almost sold them a while back. Its nice you can fit them to anything with a simple swap of the carriers

Last I heard Jeff is trying to get the cmc3s going, but is having trouble sourcing a supplier for the composite material. There have been rumors of them for years but nothing available

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.