VTR 1000R SP1 (RC-51) Makis Edition - Page 6 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 109 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Hellas Addicted RC51

So the whole front came back from the lathe man...

And this is my new lower triple, which can fit in the SP1's frame as well as mount the Ohlins in it. Comparison picture next the OEM one

The new pivot pressed in the triple

I've also asked him to copy my rear spacers from 7075 aluminum alloy

And here are the front spacers which fit the '04 CBR1000RR front wheel to the Ohlins forks so that the RC's OEM brake rotors are centered in the Brembos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My forum:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My mods:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 109 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Hellas Addicted RC51

Also, July 17th, some aluminum Evotech and Titanium pro-bolt stuff showed up in the mail

My forum:

My mods:
post #103 of 109 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Hellas Addicted RC51

Now an important step in the construction.....the lower triple's rotation stoppers.

Thankfully the 954's triple has a lot of thick material for stoppers so it's manageable to file down some of it and make it fit to the RC's frame.

First fitting the OEM triple to mark the rotation limits which basically are the radiator front hoses' mounts on both sides.

Then I fit the 954's and do the same

As it can be seen, the gap is by half an inch wider, so back to the working bench and my favorite steel vice.........

My forum:

My mods:

post #104 of 109 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Hellas Addicted RC51

After a lot of filling and trying on and filling and trying on, the triple was done

The thickness of the new stoppers are the same with the ones on the RC's OEM lower triple, so I guess they are up to their job if the are ever called in action (God forbid)

My forum:

My mods:
post #105 of 109 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Hellas Addicted RC51

Now, since everything is grinned and measured properly, the whole package must be painted.

So I start sanding down the OEM's mold marks on the triple and clip ons

My forum:

My mods:
post #106 of 109 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Hellas Addicted RC51

And then it was the calipers' time to be cleaned thoroughly.
Thankfully the o-rings are in excellent condition in no need to be replaced.

Wash them with clean fresh DOT 4 fluid and a toothbrush

My forum:

My mods:
post #107 of 109 (permalink) Old 02-05-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakisRC51 View Post
I had purchased them off eBay for 200 euros, made in Italy but by the looks of it, they are off the market now.

You can use these instead if you want

00 06 RC51 VTR1000R SP2 SP1 RVT Caliper Bracket Brembo Nissin Tokico Radial 108 | eBay
with those, i can install the tokico calipers ?

thanks
post #108 of 109 (permalink) Old 02-05-2014, 03:14 PM
And Stateside again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anatolpiupiu View Post
with those, i can install the tokico calipers ?

thanks
Yes any 108 MM caliper.
post #109 of 109 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 03:17 AM Thread Starter
Hellas Addicted RC51

I also got the Ducati's factory red color code and have some made for a few details I have in mind...

and some stainless bolts

New o-rings for the calipers halves

And some styling

My forum:

My mods:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode