RC51 Streetfighter Build - Page 4 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 04:38 PM
And Stateside again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.miller123 View Post
I won't be doing an undertail exhaust (going with a set of titanium mids and titanium motogp style cans from ladybird) so the stock wiring and component locations will remain until I make a custom tail.
I believe he said no.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 04:44 PM

oops, yeah, I missed that part.

2008 CBR 1000rr (Track)
2003 CBR 954rr (Street)
2000 RC51 SP1 (Track)
post #63 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 07:41 PM
And Stateside again...

It's cool.

post #64 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 12:25 AM

Send a message via AIM to RC51Stunna
Looks great! Can't wait to see it with the new exhaust! Have you considered any kind of mini-belly pan for below/in front of the oil-pan?

I wouldnt do a thing with the tail, except maybe replace it with a CF tyga 1 pc unit.

Stunna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #65 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 04:42 AM Thread Starter
Member (Large)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51Stunna View Post
Looks great! Can't wait to see it with the new exhaust! Have you considered any kind of mini-belly pan for below/in front of the oil-pan?

I wouldnt do a thing with the tail, except maybe replace it with a CF tyga 1 pc unit.

Stunna
I'm going to look into something similar to what is on the viper: http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/h...r/viper1_1.jpg

I just can't seem to find one that looks right, so I might have to make my own.

The tail, well my mind on that changes about once a week. I like the CBR tail, the 1098 tail, and the panigale tail also looks sweet....

This tail will stay on until the winter though. It has some rash on the other side, but it is decent enough for now. I just need to actually ride this thing. I haven't ridden in about five months and it is killing me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #66 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 05:33 PM

Ya, the viper one is awesome although a bit different that its not symetrical on both sides. Looks like theirs is a totally custom unit as well.

The only other thing I can think of is if you can find a VTR1000F OEM/Aftermarket bellypan, you may be able to make that work with some modification...?

Stunna

Quote:
I'm going to look into something similar to what is on the viper: http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/h...r/viper1_1.jpg

I just can't seem to find one that looks right, so I might have to make my own.

The tail, well my mind on that changes about once a week. I like the CBR tail, the 1098 tail, and the panigale tail also looks sweet....

This tail will stay on until the winter though. It has some rash on the other side, but it is decent enough for now. I just need to actually ride this thing. I haven't ridden in about five months and it is killing me.

post #67 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Member (Large)

Quote:
Ya, the viper one is awesome although a bit different that its not symetrical on both sides. Looks like theirs is a totally custom unit as well.

The only other thing I can think of is if you can find a VTR1000F OEM/Aftermarket bellypan, you may be able to make that work with some modification...?

Stunna
I think the viper one is one off too, I've search high and low on the web and can't find anything similar. The Vtr one might work, but it is a little too pointy for my tastes.

post #68 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Member (Large)

A small update, gased it up and it fired on the first shot. Not bad for having it torn down to basically an engine siting in a rolling chassis. Almost have enough pennies saved up for some titanium cans from ladybird. Those will probably be getting ordered withing a month. I still have to bleed the rear brake and get the undertail and wiring in the tail sorted out.

I'm debating between the plain or the colored titanium cans. My mids are plain, but will turn blue on their own. Any thoughts?

RC51 SP-1/2 LADYBIRD TITANIUM MOTO GP MUFFLER CANISTERS ONLY(PAIR) | eBay

LADYBIRD FULL TITANIUM MOTO GP CANISTER!BEAUTIFUL POLISHED BLUED FINISH | eBay

Brand spanking new Öhlins rear shock from Dan Kyle Racing, my old Moriwaki suspension link and new Tyga hugger installed:

post #69 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Gold Sponsor

Very nice!!!!

THERMAE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post

i am a assshole and really it all boils down to that.

post #70 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 07:57 PM

Looks great man! I think on your bike the blued cans would really throw off your monochromatic color scheme you have going on. I would go with the plain Ti if it was me.

How about a custom belly pan like this one? Just some more ideas to play with since as you said, your probably going to have to make it one-off.

Stunna

Quote:
A small update, gased it up and it fired on the first shot. Not bad for having it torn down to basically an engine siting in a rolling chassis. Almost have enough pennies saved up for some titanium cans from ladybird. Those will probably be getting ordered withing a month. I still have to bleed the rear brake and get the undertail and wiring in the tail sorted out.

I'm debating between the plain or the colored titanium cans. My mids are plain, but will turn blue on their own. Any thoughts?

RC51 SP-1/2 LADYBIRD TITANIUM MOTO GP MUFFLER CANISTERS ONLY(PAIR) | eBay

LADYBIRD FULL TITANIUM MOTO GP CANISTER!BEAUTIFUL POLISHED BLUED FINISH | eBay

Brand spanking new Öhlins rear shock from Dan Kyle Racing, my old Moriwaki suspension link and new Tyga hugger installed:

post #71 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Member (Large)

Quote:
Looks great man! I think on your bike the blued cans would really throw off your monochromatic color scheme you have going on. I would go with the plain Ti if it was me.

How about a custom belly pan like this one? Just some more ideas to play with since as you said, your probably going to have to make it one-off.

Stunna
That's the euro cb1100 right? I'm not sure if I like the long belly pan. I'll have to ponder that one for a while.

I'm going to go with the plain canisters. You're right in that it will match everything else rather well. Simon has a PM, so hopefully I'll be riding in a few weeks.

post #72 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 06:21 PM
Bemused

Just caught up on the build, looking great Brett.
post #73 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 02:03 AM Thread Starter
Member (Large)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIRC51 View Post
Just caught up on the build, looking great Brett.
Thanks man. There are some things that I would like to have done differently, but life has a funny way of getting in the way of plans.

post #74 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 02:22 AM Thread Starter
Member (Large)

Small update for now. Got the coolant overflow bottle mounted, and the titanium cans came in, so it is rideable other than exhaust hangers and getting it registered and plated. I think I'll just make some hangers with some aluminum flat stock since the exhaust isn't heavy at all. I still have to figure out the ignition, I still want to do an RFID keyless ignition, but that will have to wait until I tear it down again for a complete rewire and move everything around.

I did get the chance to a few things. I scored a set of brand new front brake rotors off a 06 or 07 CBR1000RR. They are a direct swap with the only difference being the thickness of the rotors. They increased the RC rotor thickness on the SP2 model to battle warping issues, so hopefully these won't do that. If it happens, I can always use the stock rotors.

I mainly did this just for looks, as I absolutely ****ing hate gold shit. If I had the money, I would tear down the Öhlins rear shock and anodize it black. I also installed some black caliper brackets that I have been holding onto for a while.

$85 of goodness:

Old rotor, ugly gold anodizing:

New black rotors:

What the ugly ass stock gold calipers and rotors used to look like:

All together now:

post #75 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 02:32 AM Thread Starter
Member (Large)

Teaser shot of the cans:

post #76 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 03:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to Luck Runs Out...
Quote:
If I had the money, I would tear down the Öhlins rear shock and anodize it black.
If this was Facebook, we would no longer be friends.

'00 RC51
'05 ST1300 streetfighter
'03 YZ85 supermoto
'90 VTR250
'71 T500R

Distant thunder, cold as stone. An RC bellows from its throne. One by one, each bike succumbs. Something wicked this way comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Baldy
Young butts can take the pain
post #77 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Member (Large)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck Runs Out... View Post
If this was Facebook, we would no longer be friends.
Haha, sorry but gold colored stuff has always just looked tacky to me. Although, it didn't bother me enough to buy a different shock.

If possible, this winter I am going to pull all the gold colored engine covers and get them powdercoated or ceramic coated. I'll probably do the oil pan too. I'll have to do a valve check and pull the frame off to get coated too. Might as well do it all at once. It all depends on finances as right now my wife is having trouble finding a job.

post #78 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Bemused

Quote:
Thanks man. There are some things that I would like to have done differently, but life has a funny way of getting in the way of plans.
Amen to that.

I don't think I'm as averse to gold as you are, but I really like the black rotor carriers, looks sharp.
post #79 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 02:17 AM

Caliper and rotors

That combo looks really good on the OZ Wheels, way better than the gold. Have you fired it up with those cans on it? Get your ear plugs ready but I do like the way they sound on Jess' bike.
post #80 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 03:15 AM Thread Starter
Member (Large)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick's RC Fiddy One View Post
That combo looks really good on the OZ Wheels, way better than the gold. Have you fired it up with those cans on it? Get your ear plugs ready but I do like the way they sound on Jess' bike.
I did take a quick stab at the starter this weekend, but it was around 2am and I didn't want to wake up the family. It actually wasnt as loud as I expected, I didn't give it much gas though.

I just need to spend a little more time on it and I should be at least able to ride it soon. Hopefully the nice weather will hold out. (wtf am I thinking? This is Washington)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode