RC51 Streetfighter Build - Page 2 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
Member (Large)

Nice, I've spent more than I thought I would on a few things for sure.

Custom fighters is a great site. It is pretty cool what some of them come up with. Lots of guys doing crazy looking bikes with tons of billet and one-off parts.

Yeah, doing the thread at the same time is some work. I thought about posting this up on a few other forums including custom fighters, but I don't want to do 4 times the work. I'll just leave it here for now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 02:28 AM
chimp on my shoulder

Send a message via Yahoo to johnyisthedevil
yeah, I have mine up on CF too, but this is my favorite forum. so I kinda gave up on that for now. it's too bad you can't just copy and paste.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
06 rc51 banzai/Simons, pcIII,ohlins... the usual
94 vfr 750 cafe project
post #23 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 07:21 AM
And Stateside again...

You could go with a Ducati 916/996/998 tail and i bet those cans would fit just fine.
But considering that was the bike style the RC was beating back in the day it is kinda sacrilegious.

post #24 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 01:43 PM

I like the 916/996/998 Ducati's and the roundness of the tail works, however i dont think it would look right on the bike. maybe once I see it mocked up it might grow on me but until I see it "I" wouldnt go that way. My .02 but it is your build and I cant wait to see it nonetheless.

Sleep is for the weak, and rules are in place to keep honest people honest.
post #25 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.miller123 View Post
Custom fighters is a great site. It is pretty cool what some of them come up with. Lots of guys doing crazy looking bikes with tons of billet and one-off parts.
I agree, but for every 1 good build, there are 10 shitty ones. I'll never understand why people ruin the lines of a bike by shooting the tail up to the moon...

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson
post #26 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Member (Large)

Yeah, the 916 tail won't be happening. Too many have done that before, and it is just not right.

Made a little progress the other night. Mocked up the rads and the headlight. I am waiting on a bunch of stuff to arrive. I just ordered bars and BRP Scotts sub mount so I can move the clipons, then I can make brackets for the headlight. I had ordered some standard clamps, but I don't think they will look right with the risers, but I'll keep them in case I ditch the scotts damper.

Anybody have a recommendation for a place to purchase AN fittings and hose? Or specific brands to purchase or stay away from? I need to get that stuff on order for the oil and fuel lines. I know places like summit and jegs carry all of it, just not sure if there are better/cheaper places out there.

I've been having dirty thoughts of cutting down one can and having a short exit on the right side like the 08+ CBR and R6's. Not too sure on that yet. Going to have to see what the tail would look like. Might have to go with a minimal tail like the 08+ CBR. Would make things much easier and cheaper in the exhaust department, and give me more room in the tail. It would be loud as shit, that's for sure.

Teaser pic from the other night:

post #27 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 06:57 PM

Some tail exhaust inspiration:

What I ride: 03 RC

..from half to the end I was facking fast.. - Vale Rossi
post #28 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Member (Large)

That is crazy.

Who makes it?

post #29 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 01:43 AM

Quote:
That is crazy.

Who makes it?
Looks like it is a company called Competition Werkes. I could not find it on their website.

Fast bike slow rider
post #30 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 02:48 AM
chimp on my shoulder

I always use aeroquip for a/n fittings and hose. I've had issues with Russel fuel line internally delaminating in the past. I get them wholesale from a friend, but it usually costs me some sort of ungodly obscure favor. That being said, jegs has pretty decent prices most of the time. I like the idea of the new cbr tail. I think that would fit the tank shape quite nicely, but that exhaust VTR1000SP2 posted up is pretty hot.

94 vfr 750 cafe project
post #31 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
Member (Large)

I have the 04-07 tail coming in the mail. I'll see how I like it and what it might look like with no exhaust. I would have to do something like metal scorpio and his 600rr tail.

post #32 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 04:37 AM Thread Starter
Member (Large)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
Looks like it is a company called Competition Werkes. I could not find it on their website.
Hmmm, I knew they made undertails or fender eliminators or something like that, but not exhausts. I'll have to see if I can find one.

post #33 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Hmmm, I knew they made undertails or fender eliminators or something like that, but not exhausts. I'll have to see if I can find one.
I sent them an email, will see what they say.

Fast bike slow rider
post #34 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 02:40 AM
And Stateside again...

That comp Werkes pipe came out for the 04-07 RR and got horrible reviews. They were having problems with the welds cracking constantly and stopped making it about a year after they came out.
If they had this problem with an Inline I can only imagine what an RC would do to that can.

http://www.1000rr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39362
This guy has the thread about it failing. it is 25+ pages long... I read it already but you get the idea.

I researched it because I liked how clean it looked. This all happened shortly after I got my 1000rr.
post #35 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
Member (Large)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLRSKUNK View Post
That comp Werkes pipe came out for the 04-07 RR and got horrible reviews. They were having problems with the welds cracking constantly and stopped making it about a year after they came out.
If they had this problem with an Inline I can only imagine what an RC would do to that can.

CW EXHAUST installed! : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net
This guy has the thread about it failing. it is 25+ pages long... I read it already but you get the idea.

I researched it because I liked how clean it looked. This all happened shortly after I got my 1000rr.
Good to know. I like the style though, so I may have to try something like it if I go with a totally custom under-seat exhaust.

Maybe a little further down the line. Things are either going to speed up rather quickly as I try and get this back on the road, or slow down quite a bit. I received an offer after my interview. It was much more than I expected so that is good, just have do all the background check stuff and piss in a cup.

Minor detail: The job is 2000 miles away back in Washington. They offer relocation, but they won't ship motorcycles with the household goods. They will ship my truck so I won't have to drive it, but that means paying out of pocket to ship the bike. I'd ship it stripped down and have the movers take the parts in boxes to avoid any issues. Or I can get paid to drive and haul the bike in the back of the truck. But the truck is a '93 yota with 200k on it and will *probably* make it just fine as it made it just fine down here three years ago hauling a trailer the whole way. I hate decisions like this.

I'll shoot you a PM about your and wingnutt's parts. This company is a very large aerospace company, so sometimes they move really slow with things. We probably have some time to work things out.

post #36 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 08:15 AM
And Stateside again...

If push comes to shove I will have my Older Bro grab the parts from you and have him hold onto them. then i will grab them from him. He is a bike guy as well.
post #37 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 12:24 AM
Big Thymer

Any additional updates?

post #38 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 02:42 AM
chimp on my shoulder

strap the bike in the back of the truck and ship them together. lol strap her down tight and lock it up. or put it in boxes in the bed and put a cover over it. I'm sure there is some kind of creative way to get er done.

94 vfr 750 cafe project
post #39 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Member (Large)

Only updates are that my BRP scotts mount/bar clamp came in. I've been busy with other stuff lately, so haven't had much time to work on it. Once my bars get in, I'll measure and order all new braided lines for the front and rear brakes and clutch from Spiegler. I'm also going to pick up a couple fork clamps from them for mounting the headlight, as it wasn't stable enough for my liking with brackets coming off the triple clamp.

I need to wrap up the radiators and order the stuff for the fuel and oil lines. I've been dragging ass with that.

Still waiting on my tail and a few small things to show up. Once I get the tail I'll figure out what I am going to do with the exhaust. I am picking up a Jardine 2-1, so that will make it easier either way I go (under tail or side exit). The side exit will negate a ton of work with rewiring the bike, as I will be able to fit everything back in the tail. I did order a Shorai battery though, so that will help fitting everything in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnyisthedevil View Post
strap the bike in the back of the truck and ship them together. lol strap her down tight and lock it up. or put it in boxes in the bed and put a cover over it. I'm sure there is some kind of creative way to get er done.
Yeah, that might make it hard for them to get it on a carrier. I thought about maybe breaking down the bike and shipping it in pieces with the house stuff. The engine would be the hard part.

post #40 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 12:13 PM
And Stateside again...

Engine can go in the front seat of the truck for the trip. Ship everything else. re assemble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode