How many rounds do you have down range? - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 80 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

How many rounds do you have down range?

Just was bullish hitting with a old friend about the old days and about the amount of rounds down range we both have. I am sure I have over a couple million and I still shoot 150,000+ a year now

How many rounds do youz shoot in a year or your life?

Also, why does it take the batf so long to send back silencer stamps lol been months I have been waiting for one of my new sniper rifle silencers, ggrrr

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 80 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Big Thymer

This is awesome. Absolutely awesome. I call total bullshit on this one. This has zero to do with motorcycle parts and reputation so please don't mistake my response for anything related. I did some simple math below. IDK, maybe I'm wrong.

I also wanted to save the original post for posterity in case the numbers get changed or deleted or whatevs.

Here's my simple math (based on old school $0.30 per round of .22LR (about the cheapest round you can shoot)):

Spending more per month in ammo than most people take home per paycheck. Yeah, makes sense. 2+2 equals 46 million and a cheeseburger.

post #3 of 80 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 12:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to Luck Runs Out...
The only way this thread would be more awesome is if we all talked about how many people we've killed in the line of duty or self/ home defense.

*edit- don't forget the time involved to fire 12.5K rounds a month. Let's say he goes out there religiously every Saturday- that's 3125 rounds per day. Assuming a typical ten round magazine in that .22 and it taking two minutes to fire and reload, that's 10.5 hours each day. Without stopping to BS, change the target, eat or anything else. Bull fcking shit.

'00 RC51
'05 ST1300 streetfighter
'03 YZ85 supermoto
'90 VTR250
'71 T500R

Distant thunder, cold as stone. An RC bellows from its throne. One by one, each bike succumbs. Something wicked this way comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Baldy
Young butts can take the pain
post #4 of 80 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 01:02 AM
Gold Sponsor

I'd like to just shoot 1 round myself personally
post #5 of 80 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 02:22 AM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonkobe View Post
In your own face? You lying cheat

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #6 of 80 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensexcessbikes View Post
This is awesome. Absolutely awesome. I call total bullshit on this one. This has zero to do with motorcycle parts and reputation so please don't mistake my response for anything related. I did some simple math below. IDK, maybe I'm wrong.

I also wanted to save the original post for posterity in case the numbers get changed or deleted or whatevs.

Here's my simple math (based on old school $0.30 per round of .22LR (about the cheapest round you can shoot)):

Spending more per month in ammo than most people take home per paycheck. Yeah, makes sense. 2+2 equals 46 million and a cheeseburger.
Your math means little but how many round have you shot, or shoot regularly ? Wednesday I did over 2500 7.62x51 alone.

Don't forget I gave been shooting for 30 years. Also Uncle Sam paid for a lot of the rounds, not me. Shoot, in full auto we can blow through a 1000 rounds in no time with two ar15's. I did not specify .22 cal but not overly hard to chew through a 500 box with 25 round mags either.

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r

Last edited by mrgrn; 05-12-2013 at 02:40 AM.
post #7 of 80 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 05:59 AM

rounds downrange

"Just was bullish hitting with a old friend about the old days and about the amount of rounds down range we both have. I am sure I have over a couple million and I still shoot 150,000+ a year now

How many rounds do youz shoot in a year or your life?"

well let's see...with a rough average of about 390 million per load/mag...and assuming I shoot a load about every week (rough average between single and married...who know's...its a guess)...and assuming I've been shooting since about 17....and I'm 50 now....that would add up to roughly 1700 times at the range...x...390 million=roughly 663 billion rounds downrange.

Sorry.....my math beats your math mrgrn.

06 999
03 999S
01 748S

All bikes are black.....any other colors are just mistakes by the paint shop.
post #8 of 80 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Was not a competition. I was merely suprised at how many rounds I shoot thought we might have some

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #9 of 80 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Big Thymer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
Your math means little but how many round have you shot, or shoot regularly ? Wednesday I did over 2500 7.62x51 alone.

Don't forget I gave been shooting for 30 years. Also Uncle Sam paid for a lot of the rounds, not me. Shoot, in full auto we can blow through a 1000 rounds in no time with two ar15's. I did not specify .22 cal but not overly hard to chew through a 500 box with 25 round mags either.
There's no point in getting into whether I shoot or not. Well, okay, I'll take the bait. You're so sneaky and smart I fell right into your trap. Darn it. I've shot 45 rounds down range. Maybe it was 50 or 55, but it seemed like a lot to me. One entire box. Most of them missed the target and wound up in the sand, but it sure was gosh darn diggity fun plinking with grandpa that day. Based on the numbers, I concede defeat and you win this dick measuring contest. Congrats, I guess. But math means little in this case.

When the numbers just don't add up, they don't add up. Or is that ADD/ADHD up? If it's an accurate number, video tape yourself every time you go to the range for a given 30 day period, account for every single round downrange and disclose it in this thread. Otherwise, it's a huge, seaming pile of total bullshit.

post #10 of 80 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 01:08 AM
Currently: Moderating

Quote:
Was not a competition. I was merely suprised at how many rounds I shoot thought we might have some
I'm merely surprised at how horrible your products are.

Quote:
why don'y you do yourself a favor and put me on ignore

post #11 of 80 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonkobe View Post
Priceless! Well played Simon!

Quote:

post #12 of 80 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensexcessbikes View Post
There's no point in getting into whether I shoot or not. Well, okay, I'll take the bait. You're so sneaky and smart I fell right into your trap. Darn it. I've shot 45 rounds down range. Maybe it was 50 or 55, but it seemed like a lot to me. One entire box. Most of them missed the target and wound up in the sand, but it sure was gosh darn diggity fun plinking with grandpa that day. Based on the numbers, I concede defeat and you win this dick measuring contest. Congrats, I guess. But math means little in this case.

When the numbers just don't add up, they don't add up. Or is that ADD/ADHD up? If it's an accurate number, video tape yourself every time you go to the range for a given 30 day period, account for every single round downrange and disclose it in this thread. Otherwise, it's a huge, seaming pile of total bullshit.
You are entitled to your opinion, luckily it is worthless.

Just because you say it can't be done does not mean it can't .

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #13 of 80 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Building a cool .338 Lapua sniper rifle. The silencer is being made now but when it gets done I will probably sight it in and do a vid and pics of some of my 500 yard shots.

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #14 of 80 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 02:26 AM

here's a 500 yard shot.
Attached Images

06 999
03 999S
01 748S

All bikes are black.....any other colors are just mistakes by the paint shop.
post #15 of 80 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 03:09 AM

Wow you guys really don't like him.

I'll play though.

16 years in the army with at least 3 ranges a month. 1 m4, 1 m9, and 1 m110 sniper. 2 years in combat with a fire fight or 2 in there. 5 years running the ft Stewart swat team.

I'd say about 50 rounds.

Last edited by f3racer; 05-13-2013 at 03:41 AM.
post #16 of 80 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 03:35 AM

MrGrn, open end goes in your mouth!

Quote:

post #17 of 80 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 05:49 AM

Hey guys, I'm having Mark custom build me a 7.62X54R chambered AR platform- based sniper rifle. He said he's going to do a custom Black Dragon carbon fiber barrel shroud and flash hider/ muzzle brake on the end of a 10" barrel so I can slice the pie whenever I tactially enter my house.

I feel that because he shoots a billion rounds a year, he's the most experienced here to tackle this project for me.

'00 RC51
'05 ST1300 streetfighter
'03 YZ85 supermoto
'90 VTR250
'71 T500R

Distant thunder, cold as stone. An RC bellows from its throne. One by one, each bike succumbs. Something wicked this way comes.

Quote:
post #18 of 80 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f3racer View Post
Wow you guys really don't like him.

I'll play though.

16 years in the army with at least 3 ranges a month. 1 m4, 1 m9, and 1 m110 sniper. 2 years in combat with a fire fight or 2 in there. 5 years running the ft Stewart swat team.

I'd say about 50 rounds.
Nice try, noob, but that doesn't qualify you to post in this thread. Only those that shoot 10K+ rounds a year are allowed to post.

'00 RC51
'05 ST1300 streetfighter
'03 YZ85 supermoto
'90 VTR250
'71 T500R

Quote:
post #19 of 80 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck Runs Out... View Post
Nice try, noob, but that doesn't qualify you to post in this thread. Only those that shoot 10K+ rounds a year are allowed to post.
Funny you calling him a noob

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #20 of 80 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 01:32 PM

'00 RC51
'05 ST1300 streetfighter
'03 YZ85 supermoto
'90 VTR250
'71 T500R

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode