Black forks??? - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By LDH

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Black forks???

Hello, couldn't find somewhere specific to ask a question about suspension so I thought I would ask in here. Im wanting my forks to be all black so the chrome, the lower bit and the outer tube too. Has anybody had this work done, if so what was the cost? If anybody could reccomend anywhere that would be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 04:09 PM

There is black coloring (for the looks) or DLC (reduced friction). I believe you can purchase black colored fork tubes from Race Tech (about $200 a tube). There maybe companies who will color your tubes but I do not know of one (they would have to be removed from the lowers).

The DLC path is a little harder. If your fork tubes are in great condition than you can remove the tubes from the lowers and have DLC applied (about $700). Make sure you find a company who does fork tubes for a living. The DLC has to be applied and than the tubes brought back down to OEM spec diameter.

I bought new chrome tubes from RT and then had them send them out for the DLC. It was somewhere around $1200 to $1300.

Fast bike slow rider
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 10:02 PM
LDH

Send a message via AIM to LDH Send a message via MSN to LDH Send a message via Yahoo to LDH
The key here is "new tubes". If you use your old worn stanchions it causes nothing, but headache for everyone involved.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
The key here is "new tubes". If you use your old worn stanchions it causes nothing, but headache for everyone involved.
What about the "great condition" part?

Fast bike slow rider
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 10:32 PM
LDH

Send a message via AIM to LDH Send a message via MSN to LDH Send a message via Yahoo to LDH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
What about the "great condition" part?

That is a little too subjective for my liking especially when considering the fact that we are talking about RC51 owners here...
Waldo likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for your comments! I have found a company that specialize in suspension but also offer DLC and another coating called titanium nitride Stanchions & Inner Tubes Titanium Nitride Coating i will probably go for nitride in black which they quoted me on the phone £175 for the pair. They also informed me they can remove and re-fit the lowers if I am unable too. Apparently they can be a t*at at removing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode