FS: Rc51 SP2 AND Sp1 Spal fan mount brackets - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

FS: Rc51 SP2 AND Sp1 Spal fan mount brackets

i have produced some aluminum brackets to mount SPAL 5.2" fans to the rc51 radiators without any trouble at all. here they are.

currently i have

17 SP2 sets (right and left side)
11 SP1 (left side only)
3 SP2 (left side only)

these numbers are subject to change of course.

PM me for more info, or to place an order.

Thanks

the sp2 pairs of brackets are 75 USD shipped, paypal fees inclusive. these are first come first serve and at the time of this post i have 7 sets available.

the sp2 left side only are 40 USD shipped, paypal fees inclusive. these are first come first serve and at the time of this post i have 5 available

the sp1 left side are 40 USD shipped, paypal fees inclusive. these are first come first serve and at the time of this post i have 9 available.

for interested parties

these brackets are designed for the geometry of the SPAL 30103011 and 30103013 fans. these brackets will also work with the 30103019 and 30103021. i will not be making any brackets to suit the fan you have. if you don't have one of these four, i will not ensure that whatever it is you have will fit.

here is the geometry that these brackets are built to work with.

this is the 30103013/30103011

and here is the 30103021/30103019, notice the numbers are the same

if you can find another fan that has the same geometry as the ones mentioned, it should work on the bracket.

i'm going to use this thread to include mounting instructions, in case it's not painfully obvious.

here is a bracket sitting on the rad. notice the orientation.

these brackets are going to mount using the stock fan hardware. any hardware that is required as an extra i am including.

it's as simple as removing the top clip nut and putting it onto the bracket, leave the bottom mount clip nuts on the radiator. then simply attach the bracket to the radiator using the stock bolts. the bracket will sit on the top of the bottom mounts, and underneath the top mount. this will get the bracket sitting as flat as possible. notice that on the sp2 versions, one of the mount holes is shared with the fan and the bracket. i have included a longer bolt for this hole. use the stock bolt that would typically go there to attach the fan to the bracket. on the spal fan, there is also one of the mounts that has a taller shoulder, i have included a longer bolt to go in this location.

for the sp1, it's essentially the same story. put the bracket underneath the top mount on the radiator, and use the supplied spacers and longer bolts to attach the bracket to the lower mounts. then simply use the stock hardware and supplied nuts to attach the fan to the bracket.

i didn't take detailed enough pics during my install for clarity, but it's pretty obvious how these go on.

here are some additional pics

this one shows how i have placed the top tab underneath the top mount on the radiator, with the lower tabs on top of the rad mounts. you can also see where i have used the stock hardware and where i have had to use longer bolts. all the hardware you'll need is included.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 02:47 PM

Do you know if these will clear the Thornton scoops on an sp2?

2002 Honda RC51
2014 Honda CRF250L
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

if you're running scoops, use a single fan on the left side. i have dhc scoops on mine (same as thorsten) with my bracket and a single fan on the left, it works quite nicely.

the right side scoop is really tight, so jamming a fan in there i feel would block airflow and may reduce cooling efficiency when the fans aren't operating. even at 30 degrees C my bike would warm up till the fan kicked on, then cool as the fan ran. then obviously come back down once i was moving again.

i sell the left sides individually for people with scoops

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

here are some pics of the fan mounted inside the scoop with my bracket

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 03:08 AM

Perfect! I'll take a left side only sp2 bracket. Guess I have an extra fan to sell

ill pm you

2002 Honda RC51
2014 Honda CRF250L
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

still have plenty of these left.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 04:22 PM
And Stateside again...

I wish you would have had these when I owned my RC51,
Great product design and an outstanding seller.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

thanks skunk, that means a lot.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 12:47 AM

Payment sent for a bracket. Thank you!

2002 Honda RC51
2014 Honda CRF250L
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 12:49 AM Thread Starter

great! thanks Duy

I'll ship it this evening for you

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly View Post
if you're running scoops, use a single fan on the left side. i have dhc scoops on mine (same as thorsten) with my bracket and a single fan on the left, it works quite nicely.

the right side scoop is really tight, so jamming a fan in there i feel would block airflow and may reduce cooling efficiency when the fans aren't operating. even at 30 degrees C my bike would warm up till the fan kicked on, then cool as the fan ran. then obviously come back down once i was moving again.

i sell the left sides individually for people with scoops
Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly View Post
here are some pics of the fan mounted inside the scoop with my bracket

Well this answers my question on RC51Forum

What is your paypal address?

Fast bike slow rider
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

pm incoming. thanks waldo

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

still have plenty of these available, let me know if you're interested or have any questions!

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

just pushing this back up again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode