Speedzilla Forums banner

Can seat lock assembly be re-keyed?

8K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  GeraldCheryl 
#1 ·
My 01' RC did not come with a seat lock assembly unfortunately. I'd like my PC to be "securely" locked in the tail. If I purchase a new one(if they can still be had) can a locksmith create a key for it? I've searched multiple forums and no answer.

#2 ·
#3 ·
Do you have the latch assembly? I bought one from Ben @RC51.com no lock assembly.

I took the existing cable for the key mechanism ran it out a small dilled hole and now have a cowl/seat mechanism that works with no key and damn near impossible to find without a flashlight even in the daylight.

Works for me one less key to have.

#4 ·
If someone can just rip your PC out of your tail, you installed it incorrectly. The plugs are big enough that they will also need to raise the tank to get them out, and that means they also have to pull the tail and seat to undo the negative connection at the battery.

I just have a small pull cable on my latch. No need to worry about finding the key. It is easy enough to put it where the passenger pegs come out of the tail, but still inside. That way you can find it, but isn't seen easily.

#5 ·
If you buy the seat lock tumbler a lock smith should be able to make a key for it. The tumbler has a code on itself and the locksmith can use that for the new key.

I lost my key and couldn't get the numbers off the ignition lock or remove it so I used the seat lock to get a key and it worked for all the locks on the bike. Ignition, gas cap, and rear seat.

#14 ·
Se comprar o acrobata de fechadura de assento um ferreiro de fechadura deve ser capaz de fazer uma chave para ele. O acrobata tem um código de si mesmo e o serralheiro pode usar isto para a nova chave.

Perdi a minha chave e não posso vir os números da ignição trancam-na ou retiram-na assim usei a fechadura de assento para adquirir uma chave e trabalhou para todas as fechaduras na bicicleta. Ignição, gorro de gás e assento traseiro.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.