Front Mount Radiators for Everybody! - Page 5 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 03:56 PM
TOP GUN Instructor

Location: Where I >Try to LIVE< Always within the Moment of Thanksgiving to Christ Jesus, My Lord Saviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsaken82 View Post
so if it is so bad to ride with your motor below 180... how are you supposed to ride in winter? even after hours of riding at a pretty brisk pace... i dont get over 170 in the winter.

Install a "Thermostat" (^_-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 03:59 PM

Garage
How would that keep temps up? A thermostat is essentially a temperature controlled switch.
post #83 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akilldema View Post
How would that keep temps up? A thermostat is essentially a temperature controlled switch.
If you have no thermostat, coolant flows unrestricted and you can over cool the engine. When the engine is cold, the thermostat closes, allowing the coolant to flow around the engine, but not through the radiators. As the engine warms, the thermostat opens, and coolant flows through the radiators cooling the engine. If the cooling effect is too great (cold ambient air, higher speed riding etc), the thermostat closes up and restricts cooant to the radiators. This continues to happen constantly to maintain the temperature. The thermostat isn't a two position switch, it varies the coolant flow to maintain the temperature over the normal operating range.

Or something like that

post #84 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 04:43 PM

Garage
Good information.. thanks
post #85 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 07:58 PM
Jenias Member

Ok I feel a bit compelled to post here after reading some of the replies.

A front mount system with no fan is superior to one with a fan or the side mounts the honda has made as long as youre moving. My R6 race bike runs no fans. I realize its not a RC but the RC also doesnt spend its live between 11k and 15k rpm. Bike cools just fine.

If you do find yourself riding in areas where there is stop and go activity you may want a fan. Especially if its continuous. Im not sure if I could get away without running one but the area I live in isnt great for street riding anyway.

If I still had my RC (Glen snagged it a few years back) I would certainly consider the front mount system now that it has been made affordable. The one mod I would probably make is a bracket for a fan. If I lived out in the country where I know I wouldnt be stopped long I wouldnt even bother.

As for Mrgrn. I do find his posts in the thread rather ironic. Every time I had a question about the quality of his products he deletes my post. Last month it was the carbon fiber clipon tubes. Probably deleted 4 or 5 posts which had legit questions and replaced them with arbitrary numbers. Then called me a troll. Go figure.

James
post #86 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 03:11 AM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by union View Post
As for Mrgrn. I do find his posts in the thread rather ironic. Every time I had a question about the quality of his products he deletes my post. Last month it was the carbon fiber clipon tubes. Probably deleted 4 or 5 posts which had legit questions and replaced them with arbitrary numbers. Then called me a troll. Go figure.
irony it is

vendors selling parts should answer non buyers questions right Union?

your questioins were aimed, and proven to be directly trying to sway people from buying my parts by saying randomly because you dowork in a garage and crash they are not safe. you clearly had no intention of buying them and you stated that in previous posts i did not post arbitrary numbers james i posted technical facts that must have been to advanced for you to grasp J/K i find zill a giant doubvle standard that i have to answer dumb silly questions from people like you who have no intention of buying parts just to try to stop me from selling then when i ask a legit question about a product i am out of like, surely you jest

you asked me to bring you free clip-on to a track day so you could what, crash on them? I don't have to jump through any hoops nobody else has to and if you don't like or want the products don't buy them. i am here to answer questions and do so everyday.

i have not bashed tygas rads and stated they looked great. i asked a simple question about the temps of them on the street without fans as that could be clients correct? if the fans off won't cool the bike properly one would want to know for safety or for the life of the bike motor. i am possibly in the market for FMR and while i am not sure what direction i want to go i thought the simple question was broad enough in its clients that it might warrant a answer, if not OH well

if the shoe fits

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r

Last edited by mrgrn; 07-24-2011 at 03:26 AM.
post #87 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 03:13 AM
Gold Sponsor

[QUOTE=Wildwhl;674065]I think the answer to your question has been posted a number of times, just because you run front mounts does not mean you do not need a fan in traffic.

QUOTE]

i know i can run fans on thr street with them but does that not defeat the purpose?

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #88 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 03:16 AM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyan66 View Post
Hey Mark, in answer to your question I think that the front mounts with no fans would be better than the stock rads with no fans, but only for a short time. If by riding in "traffic" you mean sitting at the occasional stoplight, then the front mounts will take slightly longer to heat up due to the larger coolant volume. But any radiator system no matter how large will eventually heat up with no air movement. As soon as you add a fan into the system, whether it be the stock rads or the front mounts, they will outperform any cooling system without a fan in standstill conditions.

On another note, as soon as I can afford it I will be buying a set of these front mounts because they look spectacular and Im sure will be superior to the stockers for my intended use. Well done on developing a great looking product Glen.

understood.

i was not in question of if the OEM vs FMR with fans or without who was better, clearly we KNOW which is. my point is the upgrade from a perfectly working OEM with fans to a FMR with NO fans will work for the equal to better cooling and no need the fans for a street ride or do i have to shut off the bike when at a light and such?

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #89 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 03:28 AM
Member (Large)

All these simple silly questions from the know-it-all of the RC51 world who has "forgotten more about the RC51 than I will ever know". Keep it up mark, you aren't fooling anyone. You're just a sad jealous man who can't stand it when someone else gets more attention than you. How many posts have you gotten on your last couple for sale threads?

Now you are trying to downplay the importance of this modification? Why don't you go back to making carbon trinkets and crappy exhausts that have to be ceramic coated to cover the shitty welds and crappy materials. Leave the important stuff to those that know what they are doing. Too bad those coatings can't cover up the fact that your shit looks like it belongs on a Hoover vacuum cleaner.

Glenn, I would apologize for clogging up your thread with bullshit, but mrgrn has already ruined it. Not that you need the help with your sales! If you are still selling them after the end of the year I'll be picking up a set.

post #90 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVTMAVERICK View Post
Install a "Thermostat" (^_-)

bike sits about 210 on a 107 degree day riding and fans stay on in rushour traffic. i ride in sub 20 degree weather. i dont know if it is possible to make it run warmer during the winter
post #91 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 06:29 PM
calculating status...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothmans View Post
They fit inside your stock OEM bodywork with no cutting or modification (save the V-Cowl).

That's a contradiction. These are nice looking parts but who would race with oem bodywork anyway?

post #92 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 06:31 PM
calculating status...

Quote:
i dont know if it is possible to make it run warmer during the winter
Cardboard. Just like on your car.

post #93 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 07:42 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wingnutt
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxRC View Post
Cardboard. Just like on your car.
How was trackday ?

"03 RC"
and a new litter

I should REALLY wear a condum
post #94 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 05:55 AM

Thermae Front Radiators arrived a few days ago ,
build quality is excellent.
More feedback once fitted and tested

TurnOne Carbon Australia
P.O.Box 25,
Bundoora 3083
Victoria.
AUSTRALIA.
Ph: 0416355287
email:

Last edited by Turnone; 08-16-2011 at 09:16 AM.
post #95 of 234 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnone View Post
Thermae Front Radiators arrived a few days ago ,
build quality is excellent.
More feedback once fitted and tested
Thanks man, looking forward to it!!

LAST day to get the Thermae rads on sale, have few sets of SP1 and one SP2 in stock!

Sale ends at midnight tonight I think...don't miss it!

THERMAE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post

i am a assshole and really it all boils down to that.

post #96 of 234 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

SOLD OUT!

Thanks everyone, what a great response, first batch of 12 are all sold and we will have more in stock in a few weeks.

THANKS!

THERMAE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post

i am a assshole and really it all boils down to that.

post #97 of 234 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 02:49 PM
rc racer D.O.G. Ind

congradulations

very happy for you guys it took alittle while but what a sucess good luck with the next batch very good price. Also I really like the cnc oil Fittings .
post #98 of 234 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 10:32 PM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
bike sits about 210 on a 107 degree day riding and fans stay on in rushour traffic. i ride in sub 20 degree weather. i dont know if it is possible to make it run warmer during the winter
You're more man that most of us. Just block off one of the rads with cardboard as someone suggested or duct tape works well too. Plus if you need more cooling you just tear off a strip at a time until you get it where you want it. And make sure you have a working thermostat in the system somewhere. I only say this because those that mostly race will remove it, so if running in cold temps you have to make sure you have a good operating one installed to avoid trouble.
post #99 of 234 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 05:33 PM

any updates from riders that have installed the front mount setup?

Dobermans with Distinction
post #100 of 234 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 07:51 PM
And Stateside again...

Glen when are you planning to have more of these in stock for an SP1?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode