Front Mount Radiators for Everybody! - Page 4 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 06:54 PM

you could always put a mesh in the bottom of the belly pan like this to protect the rads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 07:16 PM
Easily Illusioned

Front mounts arrived this morning (SWEET) looks great! Packing was first rate. (no damage.) The CF front fender that came with it is flawless. You guys at Rothmans/Tyga rock!
Thanks to everybody.
John
post #63 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avambre View Post
Hello,

Your rads look awesome.
Just a little question: Do you have any idea about the set's weight ?
And the weight of stock rads and hoses.

Thanks

Adrien

My radiators should be here any day now,

I will be compiling any accurate information on the front radiators compared to stock set up and will post as it is available –
weights-coolant volumes-temps.

I also have a vision for a Carbon framed shroud that will direct more Air flow over the front radiators and also incorporate mesh stone guards and fan mounting points.

Cheers, Brett

TurnOne Carbon Australia
P.O.Box 25,
Bundoora 3083
Victoria.
AUSTRALIA.
Ph: 0416355287
email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #64 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 12:21 AM
Sub-average Member

Pics of Ika-kun's Install

Hey fellas. Here's a few pics of my install of the Tyga Front Mount Radiator Kit.

My setup will probably look different than most, as I have a 2-1 full exhaust that has a front primary that is bent differently than stock, and therefore needed a little more tweaking and re-routing to fit. Nothing but good things to say about the kit. Enjoy.

(Gotta rep Denso plugs, as I work for them! )

2005 VTR SP2 - Not stock.
1989 RC31 - Not very stock, either.
post #65 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 01:28 AM
Resident Geo Nerd

Looking very good there. Hey who's radial mount brake adaptors are you running?
post #66 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 06:59 AM
Sub-average Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyan66 View Post
Looking very good there. Hey who's radial mount brake adaptors are you running?
Thank you! I'm glad you asked...

RC51Parts.com adaptors, custom hard anodized (Type III), with '08 CBR1000RR monoblock calipers.

2005 VTR SP2 - Not stock.
1989 RC31 - Not very stock, either.
post #67 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 07:07 AM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ika-kun View Post
Besides, all modern sportbikes I'm aware of that use a factory front-mounted radiator uses fan(s), so I don't understand your argument. I'm known to be a moron, however.

My bike runs fine now as OEM but if i were to add front mounts and then have to add fans i am gaining weight and olny possibly colloing it slightly is my point

if i were to do track only(my thoughts or plans) then yes 100% i am going for FMR but for street if i have to use fans on them i still see no point

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #68 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 07:10 AM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnone View Post
My radiators should be here any day now,

I will be compiling any accurate information on the front radiators compared to stock set up and will post as it is available –
weights-coolant volumes-temps.

I also have a vision for a Carbon framed shroud that will direct more Air flow over the front radiators and also incorporate mesh stone guards and fan mounting points.

Cheers, Brett

i like your vision

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #69 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
My bike runs fine now as OEM but if i were to add front mounts and then have to add fans i am gaining weight and olny possibly colloing it slightly is my point

if i were to do track only(my thoughts or plans) then yes 100% i am going for FMR but for street if i have to use fans on them i still see no point
Your point is to try and make these look bad and derail the thread, your usual MO.

As has been pointed out all modern bikes run a fan, any weight gain from a fan would be negligible, especially on the RC51. If you think front mounts allow you to change the laws of thermodynamics then go make your own and sell them to the OEM's as they must be doing it all wrong.

MRGRN, you will NEVER find me posting in one of your threads about your products, your weak attempt here to try and make these radiators look bad shows what a hypocrite you are.

You FLIP OUT when anyone comes into a thread you started about something you make and starts questioning it. I do not do that in your threads, ever. Try and show me the same respect.

Do not reply to this, do not post in my threads and do not PM me.

Please and thank you.

THERMAE
Quote:

i am a assshole and really it all boils down to that.

post #70 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothmans View Post
Your point is to try and make these look bad and derail the thread, your usual MO.

As has been pointed out all modern bikes run a fan, any weight gain from a fan would be negligible, especially on the RC51. If you think front mounts allow you to change the laws of thermodynamics then go make your own and sell them to the OEM's as they must be doing it all wrong.

MRGRN, you will NEVER find me posting in one of your threads about your products, your weak attempt here to try and make these radiators look bad shows what a hypocrite you are.

You FLIP OUT when anyone comes into a thread you started about something you make and starts questioning it. I do not do that in your threads, ever. Try and show me the same respect.

Please and thank you.
+1 What he said

Fast bike slow rider
post #71 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 04:33 PM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:

Please and thank you.
LMAO get over yourself glen

I have not said anything bad about your product despite your attempts to start threads to derail mine, real classy.

http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/rc5...les-mrgrn.html

Here is your respect

I don't think they look bad nor did i imply YOURS are bad i am just curious as to need for fans if i bought some.

back to your rant maybe go refresh the bash Mrgrn thread you started it will make you feel better

what is the warranty on these too by the way??

I have asked simple questions and as a vendor i would have thought answers would not be too much to ask

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r

Last edited by mrgrn; 07-21-2011 at 04:48 PM.
post #72 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
I have not said anything bad about your product despite your attempts to start threads to derail mine, real classy.
I have not started any thread about your products, and I DON'T post in your threads, period.

Maybe it is time to bump up the Chronicles of MRGRN to refresh everyone's memory on why you were voted the biggest hypocrite/asshole on SpeedZilla!

Maybe I can use the phrase you like to throw out on your for sale threads to get my point across:

F U C K O F F TROLL!

THERMAE
Quote:

i am a assshole and really it all boils down to that.

post #73 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Gold Sponsor

Quote:
I have not started any thread about your products, and I DON'T post in your threads, period.

Maybe it is time to bump up the Chronicles of MRGRN to refresh everyone's memory on why you were voted the biggest hypocrite/asshole on SpeedZilla!

Maybe I can use the phrase you like to throw out on your for sale threads to get my point across:

F U C K O F F TROLL!
bump it up i posted the link for you Glenn, your little trolls will be along to do your dirty work soon so no worries

please answer the question i have asked will these cool the bike properly without fans on a street bike?

1990 RC30
2001 RC51
2006 R1
2002 TL1000r
post #74 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 06:10 PM

brett- has offered to do testing so just sit back and wait for the results.
HRC wouldn't of done a front mount setup in the first place if it wasn't superior to the side mounted radiators. As far as a fan goes? How much do you think that one spal fan weighs? Keep in mind you are ditching two stock fans when going to the front mount setup? Are you running a lightweight battery? Can anyone on here say that they would notice a difference in the way a bike handles with the addition of one tiny ass fan?

mrgrn- sent you a pm regarding the single spring setup on the exhaust. I am leaving the country for a few months and I would like to get it done before I leave

Dobermans with Distinction
post #75 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 06:19 PM

MrGrn, why did you edit/delete your post about Rothmans making stuff in Asia and paying 30 cents and not supporting US jobs?

I think the answer to your question has been posted a number of times, just because you run front mounts does not mean you do not need a fan in traffic.

Duh.

I just read some of that thread you posted mrgrn, is this an act or are you really this big of a douche?
post #76 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Resident Geo Nerd

Hey Mark, in answer to your question I think that the front mounts with no fans would be better than the stock rads with no fans, but only for a short time. If by riding in "traffic" you mean sitting at the occasional stoplight, then the front mounts will take slightly longer to heat up due to the larger coolant volume. But any radiator system no matter how large will eventually heat up with no air movement. As soon as you add a fan into the system, whether it be the stock rads or the front mounts, they will outperform any cooling system without a fan in standstill conditions.

On another note, as soon as I can afford it I will be buying a set of these front mounts because they look spectacular and Im sure will be superior to the stockers for my intended use. Well done on developing a great looking product Glen.

Last edited by Saiyan66; 07-22-2011 at 12:52 AM.
post #77 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Currently: Moderating

Quote:
LMAO get over yourself glen

http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/rc5...les-mrgrn.html

Here is your respect

I don't think they look bad nor did i imply YOURS are bad i am just curious as to need for fans if i bought some.

back to your rant maybe go refresh the bash Mrgrn thread you started it will make you feel better

what is the warranty on these too by the way??

I have asked simple questions and as a vendor i would have thought answers would not be too much to ask
Jealousy is all I read from you! You HATE that someone made a great product that is getting more attention than any of the Taiwanese junk you resell. I love your little meltdown from jealousy!

Quote:
why don'y you do yourself a favor and put me on ignore

post #78 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 09:12 PM
Currently: Moderating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildwhl View Post
MrGrn, why did you edit/delete your post about Rothmans making stuff in Asia and paying 30 cents and not supporting US jobs?
Because he buys/sells stuff from Taiwan, that's why! He's been caught selling fake Brembo calipers from China/Taiwan/Thailand so it would just make him look like the hypocrite he is.

Quote:
why don'y you do yourself a favor and put me on ignore

post #79 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 12:48 AM

Send a message via MSN to JBs_SP3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyan66 View Post
any radiator system no matter how large will eventually heat up with no air movement.
Thank you.

I have not noticed any difference between these rads and the OEM side mounts while the bike is stationery. What I have noticed is once moving these rads cool the bike down much faster than OEM. I suspect that once the bike is up to full operating temperature the side mounts absorb heat from the engine hangers. Because the the front mounts are de-coupled from the frame they do not have this problem and overall they provide more efficient cooling. They do have some other issues: yes changing the front plug is more problematic and yes they're more susceptible to stone damage but this is true of any front mount system.
post #80 of 234 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVTMAVERICK View Post
Hey Ika-kun,

And FYI and FWIW: The BEST thing you can do weather you're running Front Mount Rads. or Not>> is to KEEP the Thermostat IN as OEM.... Again FYI: YOU do NOT want your Engine running too cool! IF your engine is running ALOT of the time much under 180degs., You are doing more harm to the engine (WEAR) then you could ever have imagined! Plus IF you're running much under 160s, not only is the Engine WEAR magnified even worse then the 180s but (as happened to me for a very short time, before I figured out what was wrong!) Now you're in the ECU area of making your Engine run like CRAP with WAY Too much Fuel from the auto enrichener (choke) settings!

I Hope this Helps all of you out!....? Your engine running too cool is NOT good!

Peace Jeff

so if it is so bad to ride with your motor below 180... how are you supposed to ride in winter? even after hours of riding at a pretty brisk pace... i dont get over 170 in the winter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode